• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 5: Blackhawks 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Z must be lucky because the Wings have also gone undefeated when I have worn my Zetterberg jersey in the playoffs...

Anyone else with a #40 jersey I suggest you wear it!

GO WINGS!

I'm still waiting for my Z jersey.. I ordered it like a month before the playoffs started.. :/

This game is sort of weird.. losing this one and winning the next instead looks like it would actually be better for the Wings since they'd get a lot more rest, but you never want to lose a playoff game. And we don't want to give the Hawks their confidence back. A loss tonight and this series could go to 7.

I think the Wings will do their very best to close the series tonight.

5-3 Wings. Hossa 2, Franzen 1, Leino 1, Zetterberg 1 (EN).

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

get pumped up!! hah this s*** makes me laugh

I heard this yesterday and I thought it was perfect...

I don't scare easy

Don't fall apart when I'm under the gun

You can break my heart but I ain't gonna run

I don't scare easy for no one.

GO WINGS!!!!!

Not heard them before, they are probably alright, not watson nor o'halloran

You haven't heard of McCreary before? He's one of the better refs over the years. Started as a ref in 1984, and worked the SCF for 13 straight years, last year being the first year he did not make the cut for the SCF. Tends to let the players sort things out themselves and only calls (normally) the really bad stuff.

He was featured in a pre-lockout commercial from the 96-97 post season where he says to Daren McCarty: "This is good tough hockey!" I believe they were pounding the Avs at the time.

Referees for tonight are Eric Furlatt-27 & Bill McCreary-7. Linesmen are Greg Devorski-54 & Shane Heyer-55

Source

i like billy! thank god he is in

Where is Kerry Fraiser when you need him. I always liked how he had his hair treatments on hand to hand out!

Go wings... send those kiddys away so they can go back to summer school!

Edited by OsGOD

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Home: 4-game winning streak.

Season Playoffs

Home: 4-game winning streak.

Playoff games vs. Chicago

Historical Franchise

Home: 5-game winning streak.

Series Streaks vs. Chicago

Home: 2-game winning streak.

Record in Game 5

This is the 71st Playoff Series Game 5. The Club’s record in the previous 70 games:

34W-36L.

This is the 66th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5. The Club’s record in the previous 65 games:

29W-36L.

This is the 45th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5. The Club's record in the previous 44 games:

25W-19L.

This is the 10th Conference Final Series Game 5. The Club’s record in the previous 9 games:

2W-7L.

This is the 6th Conference Final Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

2W-3L.

This is the 9th Playoff Series Game 5. vs. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

5W-3L.

This is the 9th Best-of-Seven Playoff Series Game 5 vs. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

5W-3L.

This is the 5th Best-of-seven Playoff Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage vs. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

3W-1L.

Record in Game 5 with Series 3-1

This is the 19th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous 18 games:

8W-10L.

This is the 14th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous 13 games:

7W-6L.

This is the 5th Conference Final Series Game 5 with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

1W-3L.

This is the 3rd Conference Final Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L.

This is the 2nd Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 vs. Chicago with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

This is the 2nd Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage vs. Chicago with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

This is the 2nd Best-of-Seven Conference Final Series Game 5 vs. Chicago with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

This is the 2nd Best-of-Seven Conference Final Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage vs. Chicago with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

Games on this Date

This is the 4th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

LGW.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Up 3-games-1 @ HHVV:

Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team leading 3-games-1 with Games 1-2 at home and Games 3-4 on the road (Detroit) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2009 NHL Quarterfinals rounds:

Series record, NHL only, all rounds: 136-10 (.932)

Series record, NHL only, Semis round: 35-1 (.972)

Game 5 record, NHL only, all rounds: 99-47 (.678)

Game 5 record, NHL only, Semis round: 28-8 (.778)

Nikolai Khabibulin practices, but Martin Havlat not on ice for Blackhawks

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday May 27, 2009, 11:40 AM

Update from the Blackhawks morning skate: Goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin (lower-body injury) is practicing, but right wing Martin Havlat is not. Will update following coach Joel Quenneville's press conference.

Guest mindfly

Oh s***, not the bulin wall :(

By the way, is it true that if red wings win tonight the SCF will start at saturday, if not it will start on june 5th... with the veterans on this team and the growing numbers of injuries on the team would it not be better to take the next game?... Walk over anyone? ^_^

The NHL never ceases to anger me that the final round of the playoffs will start Saturday and possibly Sunday for game #2 if we win tonight. Nope. Can't resist doing their part in helping Crosby, their sissy little suck winning his first Cup.

Im not going go say it .. but if, IF we lose tonight, the Hawks still won't win three in a row against us. So ...

Go Wings!!!