• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Up Against the Boards

Khabibulin, Havlat: Out for Game 5

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

One thing is for sure, A healthy khabibulin is a huge upgrade from Huet, question is... is he really 100%? if he is, then bad for the wings, i'm sure not alot of the goals in game4 would have went in if bulin was in the net.

One thing is for sure, A healthy khabibulin is a huge upgrade from Huet, question is... is he really 100%? if he is, then bad for the wings, i'm sure not alot of the goals in game4 would have went in if bulin was in the net.

I don't think Khabibulin was injured at all. I belive Khabibulin for psychological reasons, on Q's part. Why Q pulled him in the first place is beyond me. Perhaps he likes the challenge.

I'd venture to guess, 100% doubtful. The fact of the matter is that Huet has absolutely zero confidence right now not only thanks to his piss-poor play but Quenneville playing ring-around-the-rosey with him last game. There's no way Khabi is at 100%, but if he's at all able to "go", you have to think Q is gonna play him because he has no better option.

Obviously, if Khabi does play a fast start would be huge for the Wings given they'll be missing Dats and Lids once again. Jump on them early, forecheck the hell out of them and force Khabi to go up-and-down, side-to-side and wear him out. It won't take much given the condition he's in, then let your depth take over.

I don't think Khabibulin was injured at all. I belive Khabibulin for psychological reasons, on Q's part. Why Q pulled him in the first place is beyond me. Perhaps he likes the challenge.

I totally agree. What scares me is that BH's have come back way too many times to count them out, with Khabibulin in net their chances increase.

Edited by Up Against the Boards

If he wasn't injured at all, there's no way Q would've had Crawford backing up Huet. Point and case, imagine how helpful he could've been in Game 4 after the first period debacle.

Psychological reasons were the main reason he was pulled in Game 3. If he was healthy, he would've been in net (or atleast available) for Game 4.

Nikolai Khabibulin, Martin Havlat out for Blackhawks

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday May 27, 2009, 11:40 AM

Update from the Blackhawks morning skate: Goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin (lower-body injury) and right wing Martin Havlat are not playing tonight in Game 5, coach Joel Quenneville said. Khabibulin practiced and Quenneville said he is "progressing,'' but Cristobal Huet will make his second straight start in net.

Colin Fraser will replace Havlat in the lineup. Quenneville said a few other players who didn't skate today, including Samuel Pahlsson, are playing.

Even though they aren't as good of players, Havlat and Khabi are a bigger loss to the Hawks than Dats and Lids are to the Wings.

Wings lineup still looks like

F - Z - C

Homer - Flip - Hossa

Abs - Hudler - Sammy

Leino - Helm - Maltby

Raffi - Ericsson

Kronwall - Stuart

Cheli - Lebda

Ozzie

Which is still a better lineup than most teams in the league, imo.

Compare that to the Hawks without those two. Ouch.

Put Leino on the Flip-Hoss line that would be sweet

Agreed! Don't put him on the fourth line, give him some quality teammates so he can actually produce. he needs to be playing 10+ minutes, not 5 minutes, he's too good for that.

What psychological reasons? Throwing the series to get inside our heads? Huet gave up 5 goals in one game (actually sitting most of the second) and Q was over snickering that his starter was on the bench and how badly that was going to *** with our minds??? The guy's a whiner, but he's not an idiot which is what starting Huet would have been in game 4 if Khabibulin was available.

if havlat even dares play tonight, it's ericsson's turn to flatten him! kronner and stewie already annihilated him. time to separate the men from the boys...

I don't care who it is, but if Havlat does play the Wings better take notice and continue to lay those big hits on him. Nothing wrong with good ol' fashion rough hockey during play.

Make things difficult for him.

I don't care who it is, but if Havlat does play the Wings better take notice and continue to lay those big hits on him. Nothing wrong with good ol' fashion rough hockey during play.

f*** yeah! and franzen should collect some more mouthguards. after the wings win tonight, byfuglien can return to sumo wrestling for the summer.

In between periods of the game on Sunday on CBC, the conversation got around to whether Havlat should have been playing in Game Four. Kelly Hrudey told this story (taken from wikipedia dot com):

During the second period in Game 6, Kariya took a hard check from the New Jersey Devils' Scott Stevens and lay on the ice for several minutes. He went to the locker room, but returned and 11 minutes later scored a goal to give the Ducks a 4–1 lead.

The part Hrudey included (not in the wiki entry) was that the only reason Kariya came back on the ice was that when he got to the dressing room, he locked the door so the team doctor couldn't examine him. He also suggested that the League may investigate to see if something similar happened in the first Havlat case.