• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Any thoughts on tonight's officiating?

Rate this topic

Seriously though, if you think about it, only the team that lost has the fans that are doing the vast majority of bitching.

You are correct, but why is that the case? My take is that the refs are waaaay too arbitrary on calls they make so in reality both sides could complain but most don't when they win. They miss calls all the time on both sides and only the team's fans that lost cries about it.

You are correct, but why is that the case? My take is that the refs are waaaay too arbitrary on calls they make so in reality both sides could complain but most don't when they win. They miss calls all the time on both sides and only the team's fans that lost cries about it.

Even after game 4, the Hawks fans were bitching about the calls the Wings got even though they were blatant. Most Hawks fans that I talked to said that the refs screwed them in that game which is why they lost. :P

My take is that there is no pleasing the fans of the side that lost, but I do have to agree with you. The refs make calls and miss them. The missed calls are always viewed as horrible to the fans who are watching slow motion on their HDTVs. Course, don't let me even get into that. I have watched every game in this playoff round with 2-3 hawks fans and 3-4 Red Wings fans. I can't get out of a single period without hearing both sides ***** about "missed calls" 10 times each. I actually enjoy the commercials because it shuts both sides up.