• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingscapsfan

Stanley Cup Finals schedule

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Let's be fair here for a second. If we didn't have injuries nobody would be complaining about a conspiracy.

It sucks but hopefully everybodys back on Saturday.

Let's be fair? Do I really have to post the CBC link that shows the Finals were slated to be back to back.. IN APRIL?

Seriously. People suck at reading. f*** fair.

Yeah, that sure has a whole lot to do with either the Wings OR Penguins.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest mindfly

Whats the reason the games are back-to-back in detroit but not back-to-back in pittsburgh?

Let's be fair here for a second. If we didn't have injuries nobody would be complaining about a conspiracy.

It sucks but hopefully everybodys back on Saturday.

If not for the injuries, the Finals wouldn't start so early in the first place.

If not for the injuries, the Finals wouldn't start so early in the first place.

Please. Give the friggin conspiracy bulls*** a rest. Whine whine whine whine whine. I suppose if they'd kept it back, it'd be a conspiracy to give the Wings as little time as possible over the summer to get ready for the next season.

Wings to get 2 game misconducts in first game due to crosby breaks down in tears about them taking cheap shots on him even though they don't touch him and he just falls down.

That or the crying about octopi on the ice. Especially if those octopi are all wearing hats.

Please. Give the friggin conspiracy bulls*** a rest. Whine whine whine whine whine. I suppose if they'd kept it back, it'd be a conspiracy to give the Wings as little time as possible over the summer to get ready for the next season.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cock suckers.

The Penguins just got a HUGE gift from the league.

The first person to deny that gets punched in the face.

Forcing one team to play their home stand as a back to back is a big disadvantage.

Creating the quickest turn-around from round to round in the entire playoffs and doing it for the most important ******* round? klajegsdnk;ladgsn;kladgsnadgk;lnmadgsknl f***.

Your last sentence makes no sense at all.

Other sports leagues don't normally move the schedules up at the last minute, nor do they try to end a Finals series as soon as possible.

Your last sentence makes no sense at all.

Makes a lot more sense than this conspiracy crap. You really think a nine-day wait in between games is a good idea for the league? Why would the NHL want to compete with the NBA Finals - and a possible Kobe-LeBron matchup - for attention?

Cock suckers.

The Penguins just got a HUGE gift from the league.

The first person to deny that gets punched in the face.

Forcing one team to play their home stand as a back to back is a big disadvantage.

Creating the quickest turn-around from round to round in the entire playoffs and doing it for the most important ******* round? klajegsdnk;ladgsn;kladgsnadgk;lnmadgsknl f***.

This post fails.

Pens haven't had that many days off either since going 7 games against Washington. They are also banged up. Gonchar is on one leg right now and he would have benefited from more rest.

As for the back to back games, I really don't see that as a big disadvantage or advantage for that matter.

I think you are already setting up the Wings for failure in your mind. Either that or for an lolconspiracy. :P

It's not a ******* conspiracy. Conspiracies take intelligence.

This is selling the game out for ******* advertising. And I know what you're going to say- advertising revenue comes back to us... don't forget: NBC PAYS ZERO DOLLARS TO BROADCAST THESE GAMES.

What are the 7 most important games of the entire NHL calendar? The Finals. And Bettman sells them out for ******* free while injuring the teams playing?

Making Detroit's home stand a back to back is hugely damaging.

It's not a ******* conspiracy. Conspiracies take intelligence.

This is selling the game out for ******* advertising. And I know what you're going to say- advertising revenue comes back to us... don't forget: NBC PAYS ZERO DOLLARS TO BROADCAST THESE GAMES.

What are the 7 most important games of the entire NHL calendar? The Finals. And Bettman sells them out for ******* free while injuring the teams playing?

Making Detroit's home stand a back to back is hugely damaging.

I would rather have the games played back to back this weekend than waiting a full week until they play the first game.

This post fails.

Pens haven't had that many days off either since going 7 games against Washington. They are also banged up. Gonchar is on one leg right now and he would have benefited from more rest.

As for the back to back games, I really don't see that as a big disadvantage or advantage for that matter.

I think you are already setting up the Wings for failure in your mind. Either that or for an lolconspiracy. :P

Go look at the regular season schedule and the results of back to back games.

Lolconspiracy? I'm too intelligent to buy that s***. Humans are inherently lazy and stupid. Conspiracies require intelligence and hard work/planning. That's why we rarely see successful conspiracies in real life.

I would rather have the games played back to back this weekend than waiting a full week until they play the first game.

Then you're not a Wings fan.

The break should be about 5 days, plus no back to back games. How do you justify the back to back games?

Doing it this way and changing the schedule in the last minute just begs for conspiracy talk.

Guest Shoreline
Makes a lot more sense than this conspiracy crap. You really think a nine-day wait in between games is a good idea for the league? Why would the NHL want to compete with the NBA Finals - and a possible Kobe-LeBron matchup - for attention?

Whoever says a nine day period is good for the league or won't hurt it is only thinking about the Red Wings in this very situation here and nothing else.

It sucks that the cup finals doesn't start June 5th, and this league + NBC blows at scheduling, but the conspiracy s*** that Bettman changed it up at the last second to benefit the Penguins is utter horse s*** and no one should be taken seriously when they assert this -- they should be mocked and laughed at as usual. The back to back thing was announced in April, well before the league knew what teams would even be in the Finals (i.e. BYEBYE dumbass Bettman luvs Crosby or hates the Wings conspiracy nonsense about that), and despite it sucking for the RED WINGS situation, the league cannot allow that long to go by without the Finals beginning.

There really is no logical argument that the league just deliberately helped the Penguins and/or screwed the Wings. It's the usual conspiracy BS by a bunch of whiners.

Edited by Shoreline

I've got $50 that says Lidstrom and Datsyuk would rather heal up than fight through two hockey games in 24 hours while injured.

Then you're not a Wings fan.

The break should be about 5 days, plus no back to back games. How do you justify the back to back games?

Doing it this way and changing the schedule in the last minute just begs for conspiracy talk.

Like hell it does, all of you sound like you should be calling in to Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. Bettman doesn't want the SCF going up against the NBA Finals in the ratings. It has nothing to do with who is playing, I am 100% convinced if it was the Wings and Carolina or the Wings and Boston or the Wings and Washington, the Finals would be starting on Saturday.

Yeah, but don't you see that the wings are battling injuries. We have our #1,5,6 defenseman all injured (Lids, Lilja, E), and two Selke award winners sidelined as well. This is a huge tear in a teams that prides itself on defense and I'm pretty sure they need all the time they can get to rest up. The back to back games don't help either.