• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingscapsfan

Stanley Cup Finals schedule

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
:lol: You completely don't understand what I meant when I referred to your asinine fallacy- "conspiracy". Amazing. You just say "I don't need a fallacy to aid my debate!", the fallacy being that your opponent believes in a conspiracy, then you string that into a "conspiracy" accusation.

Wow... again, you have no understanding of your opponents viewpoint. You're arguing with a strawman.

So let's sum this up with the paragraph down below the one where I made the dinner comment you found so delightful. Let's see how many times I have to rephrase this s*** to pound it into your head:

The back to back is a stupid marketing decision made NOT BECAUSE IT'S THE WINGS BUT BECAUSE BETTMAN IS AN ASS THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE GAME-- JUST 'GROWING' IT FOR THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS.

It's a conspiracy. Sorry. Fail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 internets.

Couldn't address how the NHL does start it's finals before the NBA. Did it last year, going to do it this year. Couldn't address how Bettman deliberately screwed the Wings by vying for ratings, especially the humorous back to back s*** which was scheduled for the Finals back in April.

It's a good idea you stuck to "fallacy" and "wah Bettman is an ass" -- the latter of which I even agreed with you on, which says nothing about the fact that the belief that Bettman is deliberately screwing the Wings is an ugly ass conspiracy-bulls***-spewing excuse if the Wings happen to lose. You can try to pound the conspiracy s*** into my head all you like if it helps you believe any more that it has any merit. Go pound it into fans on the Hawks forum or the Penguins forum too who end up spewing the same conspiracy s*** that Bettman is in cahoots with the Wings. Heard this s*** all season, and even more throughout the playoffs. Make sure to keep telling yourself "it's not a conspiracy!111one", maybe in capslock too for better effect. I'm sure you believe it more every time you say it, despite all the cool-headed, rational posters that come here to refute your sorry ass.

a conspiracy??? you people are all crazy

stop making excuses 'just in case' detroit loses

instead, have some faith that the wings will pull this out yet again!!

hahahahahahahaha a bettman conspiracy?!?!

Guest Shoreline

*shrugs*

Yep, it's this s*** again.

Get out of here with your "logic" and "reason". That's exactly what this is, and I'm glad you brought it up. It's parts of this fanbase coming up with ready-made excuses should we fail to repeat. "Oh we didn't get outplayed, Bettman conspired with the Pens to screw us over by farking up the schedule." "Oh Ozzie didn't let in a ton of s***ty goals, Bettman screwed us with the back-to-back and it messed him up."

It's pathetic that before the games even start, people are making excuses for if we lose. The Penguins have to play the same schedule we do.....are any of THEM saying it's a conspiracy to give the Cup back to Detroit? Probably not. Apparently the paranoia lies solely here.

It's a conspiracy. Sorry. Fail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 internets.

Couldn't address how the NHL does start it's finals before the NBA. Did it last year, going to do it this year. Couldn't address how Bettman deliberately screwed the Wings by vying for ratings, especially the humorous back to back s*** which was scheduled for the Finals back in April.

It's a good idea you stuck to "fallacy" and "wah Bettman is an ass" -- the latter of which I even agreed with you on, which says nothing about the fact that the belief that Bettman is deliberately screwing the Wings is an ugly ass conspiracy-bulls***-spewing excuse if the Wings happen to lose. You can try to pound the conspiracy s*** into my head all you like if it helps you believe any more that it has any merit. Go pound it into fans on the Hawks forum or the Penguins forum too who end up spewing the same conspiracy s*** that Bettman is in cahoots with the Wings. Heard this s*** all season, and even more throughout the playoffs. Make sure to keep telling yourself "it's not a conspiracy!111one", maybe in capslock too for better effect. I'm sure you believe it more every time you say it, despite all the cool-headed, rational posters that come here to refute your sorry ass.

Interesting. So instead of addressing the actual comments I've made you're inventing an argument for me, indicating I'm saying this made up argument then ridiculing me for the argument you made up.

You may be a ******-canoe, but you are creative.

Go look at the regular season schedule and the results of back to back games.

Lolconspiracy? I'm too intelligent to buy that s***. Humans are inherently lazy and stupid. Conspiracies require intelligence and hard work/planning. That's why we rarely see successful conspiracies in real life.

1. Guess what, those back to back games are for the wings playing against different teams. This series, both teams play the same games, so there is no benefit to anyone.

2. The Penguins also played a tough 7 game series before the CF, and played one less game than the wings in the CF and therefore have ONE MORE day of rest than the Wings.

3. The Penguins also got shafted by Yanni and were forced to play on back to back nights against the Caps... in different cities! The wings get to stay home for the b2b games.

4. We are just better than the Penguins. After Malkin/Crosby, the penguins have little depth beyond Kunitz and Guerin, their Defense is suspect, and we have home ice advantage.

Get out of here with your "logic" and "reason". That's exactly what this is, and I'm glad you brought it up. It's parts of this fanbase coming up with ready-made excuses should we fail to repeat. "Oh we didn't get outplayed, Bettman conspired with the Pens to screw us over by farking up the schedule." "Oh Ozzie didn't let in a ton of s***ty goals, Bettman screwed us with the back-to-back and it messed him up."

It's pathetic that before the games even start, people are making excuses for if we lose. The Penguins have to play the same schedule we do.....are any of THEM saying it's a conspiracy to give the Cup back to Detroit? Probably not. Apparently the paranoia lies solely here.

And what of those of us who said there's no conspiracy from the very start? Hmm? What of those of us who are simply pissed that the NHL is having the first back to back in the finals since 1955?

Remove the "conspiracy" fallacy and you have to debate the necessity of a back to back in the stanley cup finals based solely on merit. Given that there is no merit to making the players endure an unnecessary back to back aside from appeasing NBC executives (that aren't even paying for the right to show the games).

If you're like Shoreline you'll read that paragraph (or skim it in his case), stumble and end up creating a new argument, shoving it in my mouth and loudly proclaiming yourself as victor in a one man (plus strawman) debate.

Edit: (Torry) Spelling

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Its kind of depressing how many people believe in how many different "Bettman conspiracies". You see it everywhere.

And what of those of us who said there's no consiracy from the very start? Hmm? What of those of us who are simply pissed that the NHL is having the first back to back in the finals since 1955?

Remove the "conspiracy" fallacy and you have to debate the necessity of a back to back in the stanley cup finals based solely on merit. Given that there is no merit to making the players endure an unnecessary back to back aside from appeasing NBC executives (that aren't even paying for the right to show the games).

If you're like Shoreline you'll read that paragraph (or skim it in his case), stumble and end up creating a new arugment, shoving it in my mouth and loudly proclaiming yourself as victor in a one man (plus strawman) debate.

You wanna come down off the ledge, please? You're scaring the pedestrians.

For starters, lose your attitude with me, I haven't done or said s*** to you. Secondly, I don't know why they're playing back to back games, nor do I really care. I have my opinions as to why Bettman chose to screw it up like that, but they're just opinions....I'm not privy to the inner workings of his mind and thank God for that. It's been scheduled, it's over with. Everyone needs to just get over it. Whining and shaking your tiny fists in impotent rage is not going to change it. The Penguins have to deal with the same screwed-up schedule that we do, so it's not like we have to play a back-to-back and they get a week off between games at the Mellon Arena.

Bettman is a moron. How's that for a reason?

Guest Shoreline
Interesting. So instead of addressing the actual comments I've made you're inventing an argument for me, indicating I'm saying this made up argument then ridiculing me for the argument you made up.

You may be a ******-canoe, but you are creative.

:hysterical:

I've been addressing your comments the entire time and addressing the same argument for months now which is how the league and Bettman are out to screw the Wings over. Nothing new here, champ. Your argument resides on the character assumption that Bettman is trying to screw the Wings and there's so much objective evidence (read last post and pretty much every other post here besides your own) that he made a decision almost two months ago to follow up on the same style of scheduling NHL games as last year that it's absolutely amazing how you can whine about this and try to act like it's justified, on top of the attitude which only stands to worsen it for yourself.

No one even cares to argue the fact that Bettman is an *******, isn't good for the league, or that this doesn't help the Wings. However, the assumption that Bettman purposely did this to screw the Wings or is going to cost them a championship is a completely half-witted, knee-jerk argument that always floods the forum each time the Wings face a loss or some sort of adversity.

:hysterical:

I've been addressing your comments the entire time and addressing the same argument for months now which is how the league and Bettman are out to screw the Wings over. Nothing new here, champ. Your argument resides on the character assumption that Bettman is trying to screw the Wings and there's so much objective evidence (read last post and pretty much every other post here besides your own) that he made a decision almost two months ago to follow up on the same style of scheduling NHL games as last year that it's absolutely amazing how you can whine about this and try to act like it's justified, on top of the attitude which only stands to worsen it for yourself.

No one even cares to argue the fact that Bettman is an *******, isn't good for the league, or that this doesn't help the Wings. However, the assumption that Bettman purposely did this to screw the Wings or is going to cost them a championship is a completely half-witted, knee-jerk argument that always floods the forum each time the Wings face a loss or some sort of adversity.

:lol: At least now I'm 100% you're being facetious. To think I was actually under the impression we were arguing with each other... :lol:

You wanna come down off the ledge, please? You're scaring the pedestrians.

For starters, lose your attitude with me, I haven't done or said s*** to you. Secondly, I don't know why they're playing back to back games, nor do I really care. I have my opinions as to why Bettman chose to screw it up like that, but they're just opinions....I'm not privy to the inner workings of his mind and thank God for that. It's been scheduled, it's over with. Everyone needs to just get over it. Whining and shaking your tiny fists in impotent rage is not going to change it. The Penguins have to deal with the same screwed-up schedule that we do, so it's not like we have to play a back-to-back and they get a week off between games at the Mellon Arena.

Bettman is a moron. How's that for a reason?

Actually I was just arguing with Shoreline and saw you line up with him and fired a salvo your way too. Sorry for that.

I was under the impression he was being serious instead of trying to get me wound up... retarded on my part.

Guest Shoreline

The problem is you're already wound up. If you weren't, you might be sitting back and looking at the argument you're presenting, instead of being irate over Bettman for whatever personal reasons and pinning him as purposely setting the Wings up to lose when it's well established that's not the case. You should see what company you're putting yourself with.

The problem is you're already wound up. If you weren't, you might be sitting back and looking at the argument you're presenting, instead of being irate over Bettman for whatever personal reasons and pinning him as purposely setting the Wings up to lose when it's well established that's not the case. You should see what company you're putting yourself with.

Haha- I'm not falling for that. My posts carefully outlined my position and my standing that the "conspiracy" was laughable and the scheduling foolishness was just incompetence. Of course I know you've read that, I'm just stating it in case others believe otherwise.

Bettman just luvs the Penguins so he wanted them to win so he can kiss Crosby with the cup and maybe grab a handful of ass. It's a conspiracy against the Wings! Bettman knew all along the Wings would make it to the Cup Finals that's why he decided in April to make there be a back to back. He's the next Nostradamus. :o

You make me laugh. Oh california boy. So your willing to admit the league is doing this schedule change for ratings......right?

So then let me ask you this....If the league is willing to change the SCF for ratings.....Who is the poster boy for the league?

Ok, now that you got that answered, here's the next.....

In Bettmans world, whom would it benefit the league more to win the cup? The Poster boy (s) or the same team as last year?

Oh, and the next question.......What are they comparing this series to? Edmonton vs. Islanders???? How'd that turn out?

Lets wait and see who get's more 5 on 3's

Edited by dawings1905

So then let me ask you this....If the league is willing to change the SCF for ratings.....Who is the poster boy for the league?

In Bettmans world, whom would it benefit the league more to win the cup? The Poster boy (s) or the same team as last year?

Oh, and the next question.......What are they comparing this series to? Edmonton vs. Islanders???? How'd that turn out?

Your tinfoil hat just fell off.

You people scare me.

Guest Shoreline
You make me laugh. Oh california boy. So your willing to admit the league is doing this schedule change for ratings......right?

Ok, now that you got that answered, here's the next.....

Lets wait and see who get's more 5 on 3's

Take a prozac, and come chill in sunny California. Or /wrists. Either way.

This doesn't have anything to do with the NBA finals...it has everything to do with Conan O'Brien...as I mentioned at the end of the game thread, Bettman doesn't have anything to do with the decision in the end. it's all about NBC and Conan Obrien's debut w/ the tonight show next week. That's it. the ******* Tonight Show is dictating the schedule of the stanley cup finals.

I guess you could say it is Bettman's fault to some extent since he's responsible for the tv deal...god that needs to be reworked BADLY.

But as it is, if game 1 was this weekend, NBC would have to air game 2 on tuesday and run the risk of OT pushing back COnan's second night for who knows how long...and they know OT is extremely likely at least once in the series. So they put games 1 and 2 this weekend, and games 3 and 4 will be on Versus to avoid any conflict with Conan. Games 5-7 if necessary will all be on NBC.

So that's it...if you want to write an letter...send it to Conan O'Brien and the geniuses at NBC.

Take a prozac, and come chill in sunny California. Or /wrists. Either way.

Do you have any idea how s***ty our weather is right now? I've had drizzy, rain and overf***incast days for a week. But with the damn mosquitoes. <_<

Screw you sunny California! :ranting:

and I guess i fail to see why this is such a giant deal....both teams have to play back to back right? It's not like they've been off for 3 days already or something....just one more than us. If Lidstrom and Datsyuk are seriously hurt...having a day off between games 1 and 2 wouldn't matter anyway. :shrug:

This doesn't have anything to do with the NBA finals...it has everything to do with Conan O'Brien...as I mentioned at the end of the game thread, Bettman doesn't have anything to do with the decision in the end. it's all about NBC and Conan Obrien's debut w/ the tonight show next week. That's it. the ******* Tonight Show is dictating the schedule of the stanley cup finals.

I guess you could say it is Bettman's fault to some extent since he's responsible for the tv deal...god that needs to be reworked BADLY.

But as it is, if game 1 was this weekend, NBC would have to air game 2 on tuesday and run the risk of OT pushing back COnan's second night for who knows how long...and they know OT is extremely likely at least once in the series. So they put games 1 and 2 this weekend, and games 3 and 4 will be on Versus to avoid any conflict with Conan. Games 5-7 if necessary will all be on NBC.

So that's it...if you want to write an letter...send it to Conan O'Brien and the geniuses at NBC.

So it's all the gingers fault... Damn you daywalker!

and I guess i fail to see why this is such a giant deal....both teams have to play back to back right? It's not like they've been off for 3 days already or something....just one more than us. If Lidstrom and Datsyuk are seriously hurt...having a day off between games 1 and 2 wouldn't matter anyway. :shrug:

I'd rather the back to back be in their homestand and not ours. Disrupt their must win games. ;)