• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 TCbrizz

TCbrizz

Helmtastic

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

This doesn't have anything to do with the NBA finals...it has everything to do with Conan O'Brien...as I mentioned at the end of the game thread, Bettman doesn't have anything to do with the decision in the end. it's all about NBC and Conan Obrien's debut w/ the tonight show next week. That's it. thef****** Tonight Show is dictating the schedule of the stanley cup finals.

I guess you could say it is Bettman's fault to some extent since he's responsible for the tv deal...god that needs to be reworked BADLY.

But as it is, if game 1 was this weekend, NBC would have to air game 2 on tuesday and run the risk of OT pushing back COnan's second night for who knows how long...and they know OT is extremely likely at least once in the series. So they put games 1 and 2 this weekend, and games 3 and 4 will be on Versus to avoid any conflict with Conan. Games 5-7 if necessary will all be on NBC.

So that's it...if you want to write an letter...send it to Conan O'Brien and the geniuses at NBC.

#122 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ May 27, 2009 - 11:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a prozac, and come chill in sunny California. Or /wrists. Either way.

Do you have any idea how s***ty our weather is right now? I've had drizzy, rain and overf***incast days for a week. But with the damn mosquitoes. dry.gif

Screw you sunny California! ranting.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#123 TCbrizz

TCbrizz

Helmtastic

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

and I guess i fail to see why this is such a giant deal....both teams have to play back to back right? It's not like they've been off for 3 days already or something....just one more than us. If Lidstrom and Datsyuk are seriously hurt...having a day off between games 1 and 2 wouldn't matter anyway. :shrug:

#124 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (TCbrizz @ May 28, 2009 - 12:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This doesn't have anything to do with the NBA finals...it has everything to do with Conan O'Brien...as I mentioned at the end of the game thread, Bettman doesn't have anything to do with the decision in the end. it's all about NBC and Conan Obrien's debut w/ the tonight show next week. That's it. thef****** Tonight Show is dictating the schedule of the stanley cup finals.

I guess you could say it is Bettman's fault to some extent since he's responsible for the tv deal...god that needs to be reworked BADLY.

But as it is, if game 1 was this weekend, NBC would have to air game 2 on tuesday and run the risk of OT pushing back COnan's second night for who knows how long...and they know OT is extremely likely at least once in the series. So they put games 1 and 2 this weekend, and games 3 and 4 will be on Versus to avoid any conflict with Conan. Games 5-7 if necessary will all be on NBC.

So that's it...if you want to write an letter...send it to Conan O'Brien and the geniuses at NBC.

So it's all the gingers fault... Damn you daywalker!
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#125 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (TCbrizz @ May 28, 2009 - 12:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and I guess i fail to see why this is such a giant deal....both teams have to play back to back right? It's not like they've been off for 3 days already or something....just one more than us. If Lidstrom and Datsyuk are seriously hurt...having a day off between games 1 and 2 wouldn't matter anyway. :shrug:

I'd rather the back to back be in their homestand and not ours. Disrupt their must win games. wink.gif

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#126 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (TCbrizz @ May 28, 2009 - 12:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I half-enjoy being pissed off at junk. I'm gleefully emotional when I want to be laugh.gif
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#127 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (rwfan007 @ May 28, 2009 - 12:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Guess what, those back to back games are for the wings playing against different teams. This series, both teams play the same games, so there is no benefit to anyone.

2. The Penguins also played a tough 7 game series before the CF, and played one less game than the wings in the CF and therefore have ONE MORE day of rest than the Wings.

3. The Penguins also got shafted by Yanni and were forced to play on back to back nights against the Caps... in different cities! The wings get to stay home for the b2b games.

4. We are just better than the Penguins. After Malkin/Crosby, the penguins have little depth beyond Kunitz and Guerin, their Defense is suspect, and we have home ice advantage.

QFT.

Everyone needs to stop bitching. B2B games suck, but oh well. They are both in Detroit. Marcus Drake, you've made your point. Now shaddup.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#128 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (yzefan @ May 28, 2009 - 01:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tsn reports that the team with the longest layoff between the CF and the SCF has NEVER won the cup..so ya for us !![i]

I'm still trying to find a link to this. Anyone?
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#129 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Bad news: I tried to buy Game 5 tickets and failed to get any. Was on right at 10am and they were sold out by 10:05. I tried 3 times for best available and couldn't secure any.

Good news: I saved about $600, get to watch it at home on my HDTV, and I don't have to deal with standing in line for 20 minutes to use the restroom or buy snacks. Oh, and the snacks are cheaper. smile.gif
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#130 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Any clue when Sunday's game will be? I have Cubs tickets I might have to get rid of.

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#131 McCartyFanForLife

McCartyFanForLife

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Nightfall @ May 28, 2009 - 10:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad news: I tried to buy Game 5 tickets and failed to get any. Was on right at 10am and they were sold out by 10:05. I tried 3 times for best available and couldn't secure any.

Good news: I saved about $600, get to watch it at home on my HDTV, and I don't have to deal with standing in line for 20 minutes to use the restroom or buy snacks. Oh, and the snacks are cheaper. smile.gif

Yeah, I was on too and had 3 changes to buy 2 tickets for about $240 each (plus the Ticketbasterd) fees. Too much money; I'll watch it in HD at home where the beer is cheaper!

#132 McCartyFanForLife

McCartyFanForLife

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (ChitownWingsfan @ May 28, 2009 - 10:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any clue when Sunday's game will be? I have Cubs tickets I might have to get rid of.

The NHL website says TBD-evening, so I'm guessing in the evening, but they have determined if it will start at 7P or 8P.

#133 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (McCartyFanForLife @ May 28, 2009 - 10:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I was on too and had 3 changes to buy 2 tickets for about $240 each (plus the Ticketbasterd) fees. Too much money; I'll watch it in HD at home where the beer is cheaper!

Yea $240 is a little steep but I may have pulled the trigger. I was ready to buy. Now that I missed my opportunity, I don't feel so bad.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#134 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Game 1 in D-town?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#135 TCbrizz

TCbrizz

Helmtastic

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (ChitownWingsfan @ May 28, 2009 - 09:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word is that Game 2 will be at 8pm if the Lakers beat the Nuggets in 6. If the NBA series goes 7 games, the Wings game will be at 7pm to avoid overlap.

Edited by TCbrizz, 28 May 2009 - 01:02 PM.

#136 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

Just another example of the NHL taking a backseat to just about everything else, even a f***in' talk show! thumbdown.gif

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."