• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redmathew

Campbell Cup Traditions for the Wings?

Rate this topic

Hey, maybe its cause ive been drinking too much during all these playoff runs, but what has been the tradition for the wings and the Campbell Cup for the last 5 wins?? Touch, no touch? i cant really remember. (although i do remember trevor linden thinking that the Campbell Cup was the stanley cup and almost took off his head after the lid fell off)

hope you guys have a better memory then me...

Guest Shoreline

Yeah I won't make a fuss over it either way. Let the boys do it how they want.

didnt touch it last year and become the champs.. why change a winning tradition even if it's young it's still a winning tradition :)

Yzerman's deal, if I remember correctly, was to take the trophy but not give much of any celebration for it.

I think that we went to the finals in 95, Yzerman took the trophy, raised it up and skated around with it, making a pretty big deal about it. When we went to the finals again in 97, he seemed to think better of it, and just took the trophy, raised it once and whisked right off the ice with it.

Although he touched it, he definitely had bigger and better hardware on his shopping list.

In the end, if anyone REALLY thinks that the finals outcome is determined by who touches what trophy, then there's really no reason to watch the games then, is there?

I'm pretty sure Lidstrom touched it last year.

Also, I'd say Hank didn't touch it tonight because he's not the captain.

Anyone have video of the trophy presentation? Please?.... I didn't get to watch the game or this important moment in Red Wings history.... :(

It really makes no difference, and its kinda weird that they dont touch it. iam not too big on the superstitions myself. Although the trophy is named after gary's right hand man, so maybe i wouldn't touch it either, just to stick it to gary and his crew.

Does anyone know who started this this thing?

It really makes no difference, and its kinda weird that they dont touch it. iam not too big on the superstitions myself. Although the trophy is named after gary's right hand man, so maybe i wouldn't touch it either, just to stick it to gary and his crew.

Does anyone know who started this this thing?

The trophy isn't named after Gary Bettman's right hand man. It's named after Clarence Campbell...and that goes WAYYYYYY back. There's nothing wrong with the superstition...they basically are just trying to show that there's no celebrating until the job is truly finished. Once they finish the task at hand, then the celebration can take place. I like it, and it worked last year, so I say they keep with what works.

I'm pretty sure Lidstrom touched it last year.

Also, I'd say Hank didn't touch it tonight because he's not the captain.

Anyone have video of the trophy presentation? Please?.... I didn't get to watch the game or this important moment in Red Wings history.... :(

No touchee!

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20v%20Dallas%20Sta