• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Questionable

You wake up tomorrow as Ken Holland.

Rate this topic

What are some of your first moves in the off season?

Assuming the cap decreases by $2 million.

My first move would be packaging our first round pick and Lilja to move up, as high as possible in the draft.

I think this period, the next three seasons, is the perfect time for the Red Wings to draft a high level player who can play now, instead of spending all of his RFA time in the AHL.

I would cut loose Hossa and Kopecky.

I would re-sign Hudler, as long as he doesn't get an offer sheet over $3 million per season.

I would sit down with Holmstrom and ask him if he realistically seems himself playing next season. I would do so with Maltby also.

Leino, Helm, Howard and Kindl would all be full time players in the NHL.

What about you?

I'd go buy a nice watch. I mean I think I've earned it.

And a nice suit.

Also Kindl won't be playing here for at least 2 years, barring a miracle, in which case he's a year away :P

You won't see Kindl until Lidstrom retires, there's just no room and he is no where close to being NHL ready. He should be real good once he matures, though.

If I woke up as Kenny, I would wake up like I would wake up as myself, and say "f*** YEAH, WE'RE IN THE SCF AGAIN"

Good night all.

Edited by Statts

Decisions on who stays or goes are left to after the Stanley Cup winner is determined. Why get caught up in these contract scenarios and instead enjoy the moment while we have it. I'm just hoping that we have everyone relatively healthy by Saturday: that is priority number one at this point.

Guest Shoreline
Decisions on who stays or goes are left to after the Stanley Cup winner is determined. Why get caught up in these contract scenarios and instead enjoy the moment while we have it. I'm just hoping that we have everyone relatively healthy by Saturday: that is priority number one at this point.

Great question, and it's something I wonder, myself..

Edited by Shoreline

I'd go buy a nice watch. I mean I think I've earned it.

And a nice suit.

Also Kindl won't be playing here for at least 2 years, barring a miracle, in which case he's a year away :P

You won't see Kindl until Lidstrom retires, there's just no room and he is no where close to being NHL ready. He should be real good once he matures, though.

Kindl is only signed for another season... he'll be a RFA after that and you can say goodbye to him if he gets zero playing time in the NHL. 29 other teams will give the kid an offer sheet and why wouldn't he sign it if he went five years without playing regular time in the NHL?

Kindl is only signed for another season... he'll be a RFA after that and you can say goodbye to him if he gets zero playing time in the NHL. 29 other teams will give the kid an offer sheet and why wouldn't he sign it if he went five years without playing regular time in the NHL?

Maybe he wouldn't sign somewhere else for the same reason 99 percent of the other wings don't sign somewhere else? I dunno, call me crazy.

It's not the same RFA process as with an NHL player in this case.

Maybe he wouldn't sign somewhere else for the same reason 99 percent of the other wings don't sign somewhere else? I dunno, call me crazy.

Name one Red Wings first rounder that went half a decade without playing a full role in the NHL, while at the same time being one of the best prospects in the NHL and will obviously get offer sheets since Detroit will be up against the cap, unless Lidstrom retires.

The only comparable player is Howard, except teams aren't lining up for a guy like Howard but a guy like Kindl could step into the lineup of every team in the league besides Anahiem and Detroit.

At this point, Kindl is more of a Griffin than a Red Wing. The team didn't take a flier on him, he dropped on draft day but he was well known. Doesn't really owe the team anything.

Name one Red Wings first rounder that went half a decade without playing a full role in the NHL, while at the same time being one of the best prospects in the NHL and will obviously get offer sheets since Detroit will be up against the cap, unless Lidstrom retires.

The only comparable player is Howard, except teams aren't lining up for a guy like Howard but a guy like Kindl could step into the lineup of every team in the league besides Anahiem and Detroit.

At this point, Kindl is more of a Griffin than a Red Wing. The team didn't take a flier on him, he dropped on draft day but he was well known. Doesn't really owe the team anything.

You are aware how terribly he's played in the AHL, right? The one time he managed to string together a good season- this year up until the AHL all-star break, he let it fall apart in the second half. He literally s*** the bed in the second half.

He's really not NHL ready in any sense of the word. Seriously.

Look, he's 22 years old. Ericsson took until age 25 to make this roster. And 1st rounder or not- he's not better than Ericsson, who was his peer in the AHL. So what do you want the Wings to do? Dump Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson or Lilja?

They won't put a rookie pair on the back end, so forget that. Kindl's only chance to jump to the NHL roster is to play well in the AHL for a full season and be a ******* +. He was -34 last season and -14 this season. His -34 was the worst in the entire AHL that year, by the way.

So someone who is so amazingly weak defensively is "NHL ready"?

No one is going to throw Kindl an offer sheet the Wings won't match. If they do it would be something over 2 million or something stupid like that. Offensive d-men who can't do s*** in their own end are a dime a dozen. The Wings can and will match a reasonable offer sheet on this kid. Don't expect a 3 million dollar offer sheet for someone who's done nothing in the NHL.

Edit: and this is all in good fun, no personal insult intended. I don't mean to imply he's not a good prospect, just that he's far from jumping from prospect to NHL player.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Why get caught up in these contract scenarios and instead enjoy the moment while we have it. I'm just hoping that we have everyone relatively healthy by Saturday: that is priority number one at this point.

Do you really think an hour of the day goes by where ken holland doesn't think about what he is going to do in the off season?

Guest Shoreline
I wake up tomorrow as Ken Holland?

I say, hey, don't we have a game Saturday to get ready for? You know, the STANLEY CUP FINALS?

You're Kenny, catch Alzheimer's, wake up the next morning and forget that you don't negotiate contracts during the playoffs. What do you do?!

Remember Sammy Jankis.

Edited by Shoreline

What are some of your first moves in the off season?

Assuming the cap decreases by $2 million.

My first move would be packaging our first round pick and Lilja to move up, as high as possible in the draft.

I think the idea of trading up is right. Nonetheless it looks like a lot of team have this idea this year. Anyway i would grab rajala at the 30th spot and package Hudler and Lilja for a good draft pick.

I would not worry about making moves yet, I would save that until the Stanley Cup is won.

Right now I would enjoy the moment that your team made it to the Stanley Cup finals 6 / 14 seasons.

I think the idea of trading up is right. Nonetheless it looks like a lot of team have this idea this year. Anyway i would grab rajala at the 30th spot and package Hudler and Lilja for a good draft pick.

I think Rajala is exactly the player that Wings should draft 1st round. I've watched him play for 2 years now (plays for my favourite team in Finland) and he's very talented. He also dominated in the U21 WC, breaking the point record of Ovie (and played one game less). He's also great two-way player. I think the only weakness he has is the size. He's only 174cm tall, although doctors have said that he'll become +180cm. Anyway Rajala + Redwings = perfect match...

I think Rajala is exactly the player that Wings should draft 1st round. I've watched him play for 2 years now (plays for my favourite team in Finland) and he's very talented. He also dominated in the U21 WC, breaking the point record of Ovie (and played one game less). He's also great two-way player. I think the only weakness he has is the size. He's only 174cm tall, although doctors have said that he'll become +180cm. Anyway Rajala + Redwings = perfect match...

Same opinion here, but not sure if he will be available at the 30th spot!

may be we should trading up to grab him for sure, and as much as i would like the wings trade up considering our logjam in D and our cap problems, i don t see it happening: KH is very conservative about that: has he already traded up? i don t think so...

I'm not sure how much you could get for Lilja right now. Who wants to give up much for a guy with one significant long term head injury that also makes him at further risk for another one down the road? He's a solid journeyman, but there are 20 other guys out there that will be UFAs this summer that would fill most of the same role as Lilja does that you wouldn't have to give up a pick for and who wouldn't have the head injury issue.