• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

What about Lebda?

Rate this topic

Guest Four

Lebda played spectacular last night, playing over 20 or so minutes and was vital for our top 4. We only let in one goal this game with LEBDA our top four defensemen and I thought he picked up the slack tremendously lastnight. Now it will be a tough decision going in to next year for who will keep the 5th and 6th spots once Ericsson and Lilja are back.

Anyone else think Lebda played great and deserves some lovin'?

Guest mindfly

I just want him to use them excellent wheels he has and lead the rush more often, he's unbelieveably fast when he decides to

Edited by mindfly

I concur.

I think he's had a really good playoffs, and the way he stepped up last night was great. I didn't notice any big slip-ups or anything negative. He's got great wheels, and was skating just as quickly at the end of the game as he was at the start. Lidström, Rafalski and Stuart are great at passing the puck to start a rush, and while Lebda can't pass as well as them, he can sure skate with the puck very quickly and effectively. Let's not forget that he set up both of our goals, and he also had the most even strength minutes of any of our players (not necessarily a compliment, since it just means that Babs doesn't use him on special teams, but still...)!

Kane's shot was phenomenal - especially when ya consider it was a back-hander!

Lebda played him right if my memory is correct; he forced Kane to the outside, and made him use his back-hand shot (Ozzie nor Lebda probably thought this kid could hit the mark).

Yeah, I mean it was a great shot by Kane and Lebda didn't do any huge error, but I would have wanted him to be a little more active in getting his stick in Kane's way so he couldn't get as good of a shot.

But this is Lebda we're talking about, and you can't expect Lidstrom-like play from him. The fact that he played top-4 minutes in a Game 5 of the WCF, barely made any mistakes, and even contributed offensively, is amazing.

Agreed.

Too bad he doesn't possess more offensive flair...Either way he gets the puck outta our end in a hurry :thumbup:

Lebda assisted on both goals last night. That's enough offensive flair for me.

Lebda assisted on both goals last night. That's enough offensive flair for me.

I've always been a Lebda fan...glad to see he's getting some time to shine, and making the most of it.

I was just about to make a thread on him. Thought he was phenomenal last night. Was the reason both goals even happened. Also after Ozzie made a huge save in the first with the puck right in the crease Lebs swiped it out. He was just all around awesome last night. Major props.

Yeah, I thought Lebda probably had his best showing in this playoff season so far last night! He looked really solid! He's got to be one of the best players on the team at skating the puck into the zone without getting stood up at the blue line. Great wheels!

Kane's shot was phenomenal - especially when ya consider it was a back-hander!

Lebda played him right if my memory is correct; he forced Kane to the outside, and made him use his back-hand shot (Ozzie nor Lebda probably thought this kid could hit the mark).

I 100% agree. Lebda did a good job forcin to the outside. If Kane didn't make an amazing shot, there wasn't much else he could have done.

I am so happy to find this thread. With so many people being so down on Lebda in the begining of this season, not saying he didnt deserve it, but its nice to see him be able to turn his game around and people actually give him props for it. :thumbup:

Definatly agreed, Lebs played great yesterday. He definatly deserves this thread and I would have to say if this is his turn around mark that he will become one heck of a 3rd line defensemen when all is said and done

People elsewe=here get irritated at me when I say that either one of Lebda or Lilja could be a #4 on many other teams, but I firmly believe it. Most of their denial comes from Wings hatred. Meech and Cheli are a bottom pairing on many other teams.

Detroit D:

Three #1 d-men: (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall)

One #2 d-man: Ericsson

One #3 d-man: Stuart

Two #4 d-men: Lilja, Lebda

Two #5/6 d-men: Cheli, Meech

Not a single one of those guys doesn't deserve a bench spot in the NHL, and the Wings are blessed to have an obvious overflow.

One #3 d-man: Stuart

This guy has been playing #1 D with Nick out, and while he's obviously not as good a PP QB, in his past he's been pretty decent at that too. With all the minutes he's gotten with Nick or Rafalski being out, he's been great. I'd bump him up to #2. :P

Being that this is about Lebda, mad props to him, he played an oustanding game yesterday. The Kane goal was a great shot, but it was from a bad angle that Lebda forced him into, Oz really ought to have had it. No shame at all for Brett on this year's playoffs. I really didn't like the way he played in the season (a pattern with most Wings...) -- in truth thought he was pretty terrible -- and didn't have much confidence in him at any point, but he's cranked up his game by several orders of magnitude. Well done. :thumbup:

He was a bit passive on the Kane goal, but other than that he was and has been excellent.

Yeah, I just thought he could've played the body, but decided to defend the pass...at least that's what it looked like to me