• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wyowing

Anyone really Buy this Stuff?

Rate this topic

I had a look at the nhl shop's offerrings. $30 for a Conference Championship hat? $50 Gym Bag? "Conference Championship"? Does anyone buy this stuff anymore?

I understand if you are a Pens fan and want to pretend you won something but $30 for a hat is a bit crazy.

I'll admit to buying a Central Division champs shirt back in 2007. At the time, we had one series win since the 2002 Cup and I had low expectations. But generally speaking, it's pretty much Cup or bust with that stuff...I won't be buying conference champs gear, win or lose in the finals.

I'll admit to buying a Central Division champs shirt back in 2007. At the time, we had one series win since the 2002 Cup and I had low expectations. But generally speaking, it's pretty much Cup or bust with that stuff...I won't be buying conference champs gear, win or lose in the finals.

+1

To me, it's the fan version of touching the conference trophy. Not gonna do it.

If it doesn't say Stanley Cup Champions on it, I don't want it.

yup yup. That $30 hat from last year is fantastic and comfy!

Most comfortable hat I own, by FAR. I never thought one could displace the one I wore in HS, but this one has.

For the Wings, if I buy championship gear, its going to be Stanley Cup championship gear. Wtf am I going to do with a conference championship shirt?! As for my other teams, that can't seem to win anyway (stupid Cubs) so thats a different story there.

As a resident of Tampa, I can assure you that some fans do-- they are called Rays fans.

I follow the Rays (as a good transplant does) and try to give long-time sports fan advice to their fans. It's amazing, but they celebrate the American League Championship like the World Series is a non-event. Hell, they gave out replica AL championship rings!