• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Headmanthepuck!

How long will it take Ericsson to recover from surgury?

Rate this topic

If Lilja would have been on the ice last night instead of Lebda, he would have played Kane and not let him score. If we don't punish the man with the puck rushing into our zone we're toast. Malkin, Crosby and Stall can blow by our defenders and put on past Osgood. We need to get Malkin off of his game like last year. Over all we have done a fantastic job against Kane, Towes, Getzlaf (whom I think is as good as Malkin), Perry and Nash.

I thought that Lebda did a good job on keeping Kane to the outside. It was Kane's great shot that made the goal, not a bad play by Lebda.

This is the Stanley Cup playoffs. there is absolutely no way that Babcock is resting a perfectly healthy Lidstrom. Every game is important, and you don't take your best player and captain off the ice unless necessary. Less important, but I also don't think you take someone off to rest when he has never missed a playoff game in nearly 230 opportunities.

Fair enough - but if it was a do-or-die game I think that Lidström would have played. Same goes for Datsyuk. I think that they will play on Saturday.

I have a hard time believing he'll be ready Saturday. My sister had an endoscopic appendectomy last winter and was pretty out of it for a week to ten days. She's not as physically fit as an NHLer obviously, but she is young (20) and goes to the gym daily so she's not ridiculously unhealthy either.

Big Rig is a lot tougher than your sister, no offense.

I had my appendix out and in two days I was wakeboarding again. Your sister's appendix was probably super swollen, or the doctors sucked.

I thought that Lebda did a good job on keeping Kane to the outside. It was Kane's great shot that made the goal, not a bad play by Lebda.

Fair enough - but if it was a do-or-die game I think that Lidström would have played. Same goes for Datsyuk. I think that they will play on Saturday.

Well, on VS the announcers talked that Datsyuk did skate twice yesterday in preperation for the game, so I beleive he'll be 100% for game 1. As for Lidstrom, i dunno about him and his undisclosed lower body injury. We all know how long it took Raf to get back from his undisclosed injury.

Lebda's been better than people are giving him credit for and the difference between him and Lilja is marginal. That said, even though I've been arguing that Lebda should stay in the line-up for the past 3 series (if Lilja were healthy), I would replace Lebda with Lilja in a heartbeat for Pittsburgh. The Pens have been scoring by crashing the net, something that Lilja would prevent more often than Lebda.

Frankly...i far prefer lebda to Lilja...the latter was a liability last year in the finals and he would be again this year. Lebda played his ass off last night - 25 minutes!!!! - and deserves to play at this point.

As for Erricson...i join the chorus of wtf?!?!?!? that he can get his appendix out on Wednesday and play in an NHL hockey game on saturday. that's freaking unbelievable.

bingo. rewatch that goal...Kane was just below the face off spot when he shot that...much farther away that it looked initially...it was just an incredible shot. Lebda was right on him and DID push him wide...he just made an amazing play. Anyone who tries to put that on Lebda is nuts or just a hater.

I had my appendix burst and the staples the doctor put in me after the surgery were causing infection, so I had to leave the wound open and let it heal from the inside out. Took a month. My case was very rare from what I've heard, but it was a royal pain in the ass. I hope Ericsson has the routine kind of appendectomy.

My wife works at a hospital, so I had her ask a doctor what the deal was with the surgery. Here is the response. So it makes sense why they are saying that it's a game day decision, and sounds positive that the odds are with him being able to play.

"I assume they did it through the laparoscope, i.e. minimally invasive surgery. There is very little abdominal wall injury - the part that would prevent him from playing on Saturday. Assuming he doesn't have and GI problems, nausea, vomiting, inability to eat, he should be good to go. Not like the old way when he would be out 6 weeks."