• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DXFlyers

On behalf of most if not all Flyers fans....

Rate this topic

to the above two.......... dont be bitter.....enjoy golfing

Im not bitter. I know the Flyers blew it and blew it badly. I just cant stand how s***sburgh's success was built. Sucking for 5 years straight, winning a lottery to inherit the NHL's new poster child, and teams like the Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Habs who have a successful base, sell out games, our revenues was supporting a team who was next to bankruptcy. Then you see the refs giving Crosby and his teammates special treatment. Bettman is yanking his crank to see Crosby win the Cup.

Im not bitter. I know the Flyers blew it and blew it badly. I just cant stand how s***sburgh's success was built. Sucking for 5 years straight, winning a lottery to inherit the NHL's new poster child, and teams like the Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Habs who have a successful base, sell out games, our revenues was supporting a team who was next to bankruptcy. Then you see the refs giving Crosby and his teammates special treatment. Bettman is yanking his crank to see Crosby win the Cup.

and im sure there are several whining threads on your forum to vent and heal. your team, as always finished second in the league in penalties during the regular season, then you act all surprised when they take a lot of penalties in the play-offs. the pens out skated and out forechecked you so you would expect to see your team take a lot of penalties. then you blame the refs and crosby, make up cute little names for their city and for crosby. dont hate pittsburgh for the way the nhl draft system works.

and im sure there are several whining threads on your forum to vent and heal. your team, as always finished second in the league in penalties during the regular season, then you act all surprised when they take a lot of penalties in the play-offs. the pens out skated and out forechecked you so you would expect to see your team take a lot of penalties. then you blame the refs and crosby, make up cute little names for their city and for crosby. dont hate pittsburgh for the way the nhl draft system works.

Please take the intra-state pissing match to your own boards.

point taken sir

Agreed.

How to beat the Pens:

1. Shut down Malkin. Dont give him any rush to the net because he will burn ANYONE

2. Dont leave Crosby alone. Make sure there is a body on him at all times. He has great eyes for everthing aound him.

3. Crash the net. Create traffic, shoot as much as possible. Fleury has let some real sofites in the net, but has been solid on the more difficult saves.

4. No stupid penalities. Crosby and Malkin draw the calls (Pens fans CANT deny this fact).

5. Dont let Talbot and Kunitz get under your skin.

:thumbup:

Quoted for truth.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

5 years?

90-99-9 playoff appearances, 2 Stanley Cups, 1 president's trophy

00-01-Eastern Conference Finals

01-02-Missed Playoffs

02-03-Missed Playoffs

03-04-Missed Playoffs

04-05-Lockout

05-06-Missed Playoffs

06-07-Lost in First Round

07-08-Stanley Cup Finals

08-09-Stanley Cup Finals

Keep in mind that the team was in bankruptcy from 01-04 due to terrible mismanagment from the previous ownership groups. But I would say that as a franchise, playoff appearances in 15 of the last 19 seasons and 2 Stanley Cups is a very respectable history.

Only a loser runs whining like a little girl to another team's fans because his team can't get the job done.

Speaking of "can't get the job done". I had Pens fans harrassing the hell out of me for three rounds this year with "Go Jackets!!", "QUACK QUACK QUACK!" and "Go Hawks! You took out Lidstrom and Datsyuk, now go for Zetterberg!"

Not just whiner, make it the whole city of Pissburgh. :)

For the way those folks treated me when i was at game 6 last year, I would LOVE to rub it in their face. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ranting:

Sir...

As I am known in Pens territory as PensFanInDC I feel it is my duty to challenge you to a duel! You go to SE and pick up the firearms, and I'll meet you on the Mall.

Respect to the Wings organization. Yzerman was awesome.

Pens in 6.

Do It...

Beat the living H out of Pittsburgh. It would be bitter sweet to see Hossa raise the Cup as Crosby watches and cries.

Gladly. I cannot stand the Penguins. GO WINGS!

What an interesting situation in that the entire East seems to be rooting for the Wings and the entire West seems to be rooting for the Pens.

That's what you get when the two most hated teams make it to the finals, I guess.

The entire West is rooting for the Pens?