• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain

What Irks Me

Rate this topic

When a series usually comes to an end (and the wings win) or when the Wings take it to another team during a particular game, it's always the, "the wings are lucky" or "the refs made a bad call" (Queenville) or "it wasn't fair", like in this article It wasnt fair.

I don't understand why teams can't say, "the red wings are a good team and we just got beat, plain and simple." It seams when we get beat, either Lidstrom or Babcock will say, "you know we got outplayed and (insert team) played really well."

This crap really grinds my gears.

Thoughts

Yeah it seems everyone is too proud to just admit pure defeat. There is always some excuse why they lost. In all 3 series so far, the wings were just the better, deeper team and depth will go a LONG ways in the long haul. Plain and simple the league is full of ******* who can't just admit clean defeat. What ever happened to sportsmanship?

What annoys me is that because the Wings handed these teams their asses (well, Anaheim not so much), they're going to be criminally underrated for at least part of next season.

I honestly think the Hawks are a stronger overall team than the Pens, and I'm almost certain the Ducks are in the playoffs. I don't see the Pens getting past the Nucks like the Hawks did.

Eh, it goes both ways. The Detroit media and fans were howling over Game 3 vs Anaheim with the Hossa disallowed goal. Also, Game 3 of the Chicago series, it seems like a lot of Wings fans were bitter over the refereeing of that game. I personally thought that besides Kronner getting kicked out, the refs did well.

We as fans always remember when people say bad things, or when bad calls happen to our team. We don't remember as much when fortune bounces for us, or when we get complimented. It happens in real life too... people dwell on the negatives!

When a series usually comes to an end (and the wings win) or when the Wings take it to another team during a particular game, it's always the, "the wings are lucky" or "the refs made a bad call" (Queenville) or "it wasn't fair", like in this article It wasnt fair.

I don't understand why teams can't say, "the red wings are a good team and we just got beat, plain and simple." It seams when we get beat, either Lidstrom or Babcock will say, "you know we got outplayed and (insert team) played really well."

This crap really grinds my gears.

Thoughts

Well just think about it from a coaches point of view. Babcock knows that his team can pull out a victory in any game and after a loss will mince no words if his tam got outplayed because his team his full of veterans that can take it and it also seems to fire up the Wings when/if the Coach calls them out

On the Flip Side, Blue Jackets are a young team so their coach doesn't want to get their moral down too low going into next season. Same goes for the Hawks, you have to coddle them and be very smart with what you say as to not disrupt the locker room.

What annoys me is that because the Wings handed these teams their asses (well, Anaheim not so much), they're going to be criminally underrated for at least part of next season.

I honestly think the Hawks are a stronger overall team than the Pens, and I'm almost certain the Ducks are in the playoffs. I don't see the Pens getting past the Nucks like the Hawks did.

having beaten the ducks and hawks the only times we played them this season, i guess we didnt see them enough to realize how much better than us they are.

On the bright side....Did anyone else notice that the Wings have been playing nothing but teams related to some sort of bird?? I mean I'm not sure about the Blue Jackets, although they could be some sort of a bird, but the Ducks, the Hawks, and now the Penguins??

I like the way this trend is continuing though....GO WINGS!!!!!!!

On the bright side....Did anyone else notice that the Wings have been playing nothing but teams related to some sort of bird?? I mean I'm not sure about the Blue Jackets, although they could be some sort of a bird, but the Ducks, the Hawks, and now the Penguins??

I like the way this trend is continuing though....GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Blue jackets has to do with the civil war

Well just think about it from a coaches point of view. Babcock knows that his team can pull out a victory in any game and after a loss will mince no words if his tam got outplayed because his team his full of veterans that can take it and it also seems to fire up the Wings when/if the Coach calls them out

On the Flip Side, Blue Jackets are a young team so their coach doesn't want to get their moral down too low going into next season. Same goes for the Hawks, you have to coddle them and be very smart with what you say as to not disrupt the locker room.

The Wings have been getting flack from some their oponents coach for cheating in the face-ff circle the last couple of years in the playoffs. Fans of other team's message boards complain about the Wings players contined obstruction of their teams players.

Human nature. Plain and simple. Most people suffer from inferiority complex and will never admit a defeat. They will always make up some sort of excuse no matter how ridiculous it sounds. It takes a big, confident man (Lidstrom) to admit defeat and not make excuses.

Just wait until the Finals. The Wings could sweep the Pens Osgood stops Crosby on 5 breakaways and he's held scoreless and he will give no credit to the Wings or any player. It'll be what he didn't do. He did it last year when Hank made that great play on the 5 on 3 in game 4 and did it this year to Varlamov when he made that save with his stick early in that series. Didn't even give him props for desperation, hell didn't even mention the guys name. Then you look at Helm last night gave all kinds of props to Huet and the Hawks.

taking a more existensial approach.....this phenemenon seems to have wings (pun intended) in the daily life outside of sports. it's been my observation for some time now, that nobody takes responsiblitiy for their shortcomings. if something gets messed up, take the blame and fix it. it seems that the new conventional wisdom is to shift blame away so that that entity or person is a 'perfect victim' of an outisde circumstance. in this case, officiating, cheating, nhl conspiracy, alien abduction, etc....

it sickens me.

what i told my duck fan neighbors was that if their team had only scored a few more goals, they would have won the series.

This is just one article, I'd try not to let it bother you. Some people are idiots. Is it fair? Huet got a bad bounce, its true. Is life fair? Not by a long shot.

Just wait til the finals against the Media/Ref darling Penguins, then you'll see something thats "unfair" (rewatching last years finals, pretty disgusting how many soft penalties they get)

"So, we have a barometer on these young, dynamic Hawks. They are ready to play with the best in the NHL. They just are not ready to beat them.

But who would’ve thought that eight months ago?"

Pretty much the entire hockey community, that's who. The Hawks had a great year from game one and were expected to do well with their talent. Maybe eight months ago, the writer was too busy covering football.

I know a lot of people are complaining about Helm's goal because he got a lucky bounce from the boards.. but isn't that part of hockey? And more than that - isn't knowing how your boards will bounce the puck part of home ice advantage?

Hockey is a mixture of skill and luck. People get pissy when the luck factor wasn't on their side, but it's not like the Red Wings can influence the bounces the puck takes. They just capitalize on what's in front of them and play their game.

Complaining won't change the fact that we won.. so it's useless.

having beaten the ducks and hawks the only times we played them this season, i guess we didnt see them enough to realize how much better than us they are.

And using the same logic, we can assume that the bottom teams in the West are better than the Pens! (Colorado - Penguins: 5-3, Phoenix - Penguins: 4-1)

I'm sorry, but the Red Wings OWNED the Blackhawks. Bad Bounces, my ass. Their goalie stood on his head half the game and kept the Hawks, who looked like they were shorthanded the last half of the third period and all of overtime, in the game. The only reason the Wings didn't smoke the Blackhawks in game 5 was Huet. The Blackhawks were mentally and physically beat down this series. They stole one from the Wings in game 3, but that was all they could muster. I'll listen to some complaining from the Ducks, as they were a good match for the Wings, but the Blackhawks were playing in a league they weren't ready for this year.