• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

waitahochiminute

VS Announcers

Rate this topic

Im probably starting to sound like a broken record cause out of all my good friends im the only one that seems to notice this. These VS announcers obviously have a agenda to not talk down certain teams and to kinda get behind a team. This year it was well Columbus, Anaheim and Chicago. Right from the start it Nash then it was Getzlaf then it was Kane now obviously it's going to be Crosby. What about Cleary or Franzen? Im sick of the NHL being on VS and NBC for that matter (even though I can watch those games at work hehe) This sport deserves better commentating than these guys. I swear after the wings won last night all the announcers were silent...it was like they were all mad and dissappointed that the wings pulled it off and made it to the finals again. Ah the hell with them...

Obvious? I don't see it this way at all. I thought the Wings got plenty of respect and recognition for their hisotry, skill, depth... Just because they say something positive about the other teams doesn't mean there is some fricking consipracy. Got to take off the homer glasses if you want to be objective.

Ed Olczyk bugged the crap out of me last season in the Final and the VS coverage of game four against Colorado with Forslund and Brickley was the absolute worst coverage ever. Brickley is terrible.

With that said, Edzo has been much more balanced in his commentary and although his cadence is somewhat clumsy I've actually appreciated some of what Pierre McGuire has had to say. Doc Emrick has an annoying voice but he is the best PxP guy over at VS, HM to Beninatti. I wish Reaugh could get tapped to be the analyst for some of the Final because he keeps his comments simple but always throws in some crazy adjectives.

Aside from Doc Emrick's harsh voice, he is a solid play by play man. He is pretty good at becoming knowledgeable about both teams. Seeing as how he lives in Port Huron, he has an intimate relationship with the Wings. I can't stand the Vs studio guys. They are flat out morons. I also am not a big McGuire fan, although he seems to like the Wings team a bit more this year.