• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MidMichSteve

Wings get no respect

Rate this topic

Penguins fans are failing so bad in here.

I never get the point of signing up to another teams forums and trying to tell them how their team is so good.

At least we don't have to go to their sites to set them straight. Perish the thought!

DO be bringing that s*** here! :)

Edited by MidMichSteve

Yeah every one talks about the depth of the Wings, but very few of those journalist really know the true depth of the Wings. How many players have been called up to take spots in crucial positions? Umm that would be Helm, Big E, Leino, and Abdelkader? Babs commented at the beginning of the season that there were at least a couple guys that had to be sent down do to the cap, and that they would have made the roster on any other team. That's depth. That's how you can role 4 lines. Rolling 4 competitive lines will almost always win.

Just something else I'd like to say about the comparison between the 1984 Oilers, 2009 Penguins, and history. In the 1984 Stanley Cup Final, Edmonton had a 15 pt advantage over the Islanders (119 to 104) in the regular season. 2009, Detroit has a 13 pt advantage over Pittsburgh (112 to 99). Also, in an era where teams are awarded an extra point for losing a game after regulation, something they didn't have in 1984, Pittsburgh ONLY had 99 pts on the year.

We are the Oilers of the 1980's.

Again, the comparison between Crosby's Penguins and Gretzky's Oilers is a joke! Also, Crosby isn't Gretzky. In my opinion, that's very very poor analysis by people who are paid to talk hockey. It's one of the many reasons this year why I've passed on the pre and post game shows and all the off day talk on TV and Radio. Just play the game!!

QF MOTHERf***ING T!!!

I'm already sick and ******* tired of the "Pittsburgh is JUST LIKE Edmonton in 1984 after losing the finals the first time because Crosby/Malkin is like Gretzky/Messier" bulls***. And it's going to get worse during the games.

First of all, no, they aren't. Malkin might turn out that good, but Crosby will never touch Gretzky. Please.

Second of all...if you want to make that comparison, is MAF equal to Grant Fuhr? Who are Jari Kurri and Paul Coffey? Last i checked i'm pretty sure they don't have a 100+ point defenseman winning the Norris this year...nor do they have anyone close to Kurri as a 3rd forward.

It's just a stupid stupid comparison that is all about Bettman's obsession with making Crosby his own Michael Jordan. And it's laughable to consider this team the equal of the 84/85 Oilers who had the second best record in the league and were the #2 overall seed in the playoffs. They had become a juggernaut and were establishing a dynasty. The Penguins are lucky the East is full of so many mediocre teams that don't play defense.

So ENOUGH ALREADY!

Again, for the second time, REGULAR SEASON HOCKEY IS NOT PLAYOFF HOCKEY.

You can be the last seed in the league in a conference and be a playoff monster. It's a whole different ball game and frankly, I'm surprised nobody here has called you out on this already.

Regular season records MEAN NOTHING.

i appreciate you correcting me FORTHE SECOND TIME. i cant believe i did not listen to you the first time :-)

i believe the point i was trying to make Ms. is the "this team would have beaten you in the play-offs" argument is ridiculous based on the fact that it is not provable!. so the closest thing we had was the last times we played.

Edited by reggiedunlop

i appreciate you correcting me FORTHE SECOND TIME. i cant believe i did not listen to you the first time :-)

i believe the point i was trying to make Ms. is the "this team would have beaten you in the play-offs" argument is ridiculous based on the fact that it is not provable!. so the closest thing we had was the last times we played.

But you're talking about the Ducks. A team that the Penguins have only faced, maybe, 5 times in the past three seasons and never in the playoffs. That's like us picking a random team in your conference and saying: "Well, we kicked their ass..."

That's why we call them Discussion Groups.

But you're talking about the Ducks. A team that the Penguins have only faced, maybe, 5 times in the past three seasons and never in the playoffs. That's like us picking a random team in your conference and saying: "Well, we kicked their ass..."

sir, it wasnt random, my initial response was in direct reference to someone saying the pens would have been scared to play the ducks and would have been soundly beaten (or words to that effect)

you are correct sir. was just pointing out to the other person that we truly roll 4 as well and we are not just a two person team. your injuries could be huge in all of this. think i would rather beat your best though..... but i would take the cup anyway i can get it. ha ha.

good luck in the series

No see, there is no "ha ha". You aren't taking it, at all, in any way, so snap out of it already.

Edited by Kween78

You have to excuse certain Penguino fans, you see even when they lose they are told by the league they really "won"

LOL I've seen Pens fans use photos of their (few) good plays against Detroit in their avatars too.

When I see that I think.............Hmm Losers!

Edited by MidMichSteve