• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

A bit more info on Lids' injury

Rate this topic

According to the Detroit News:

We were down at a table outside the dressing rooms and we saw injured Wings captain Nick Lidstrom walk by. It's so weird because he wasn't limping at all, which you might find with a knee or ankle injury. He also didn't appear hunched or in pain, as if he had back spasms. So I don't know what the "lower-body injury" is, but it's nothing we were able to discern with the untrained eye. Ken Holland did say he expected Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk to be ready by the weekend.

Last night Mindfly mentioned that a Swedish report said he saw Lidstrom limping down the hall in the Joe. That really freaked me out at the time- it indicated a bigger injury than he could probably recover enough from over 2 days.

This report from the Detroit News is a bit more comforting in my opinion. If Lidstrom is walking comfortably then hopefully the injury isn't as serious as it could be otherwise. Could be something like a minor groin pull that heals comparatively quickly when dealt with properly?

Anyone here have medical or physiotherapy experience that can shed some light on this?

I don't have any kind of medical insight or anything like that, but I will say that the thought of the Wings just resting him up for the finals crossed my mind.

He may have been ready to go for game 5.. but considering how well the team did without him in game 4, they chose not to risk it.

I don't have any kind of medical insight or anything like that, but I will say that the thought of the Wings just resting him up for the finals crossed my mind.

He may have been ready to go for game 5.. but considering how well the team did without him in game 4, they chose not to risk it.

Well, Babcock did say if they were ready to go they would play when asked during the off-day press conference. But this thought also crossed my mind...

Nice work, Arms-Crossed-Guy. Keep digging up more info and keep us posted.

Hahahaha, Arms-Crossed-Guy.

That reminded me of those "Real men of Genius" radio commercials. "Today we salute YOU, Arms-Crossed-Guy."

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Thursday that defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom should be ready to play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals on Saturday. He said the status of Pavel Datsyuk, Jonathan Ericsson and Kris Draper will be determined on game day. Of the three, Draper seems the least likely to be ready for Game 1.

Lidstrom, who has missed two games with a lower-body injury, skated on his own the last two days. Datsyuk (bruised foot) skated again on Thursday. Ericsson, who had an appendectomy on Wednesday, might skate Friday.

"I certainly expect Lidstrom to play,'' Holland said. "He hold me he's planning on playing Saturday.''

Holland said Datsyuk, who missed the last three games of the Chicago series, is getting better every day.

"He wants to know when he makes that push that he has that explosiveness,'' Holland said.

Perhaps Lids didn't want the Swedish reporter to know that he wasn't injured, and walking past the Detroit reporter just fine was an accident... Of course he wants Pitts to think he is injured, and then crush their hopes when he returns game 1.

Hemorrhoids.

LOL...this what I was saying. But seriously, I guess we can all speculate as much as we want, we are NOT going to know anything until after the playoffs what the problem is/was. Lower body could mean upper body...knee could be groin...groin could be shoulder. Remeber this is war, you don't give your enemy any advantage. :ph34r:

Hemorrhoids.

Look out Pens.

Rhoid rage comin' at ya.

I'm thinking that if he's walking fine, it may be a pulled or strained muscle used more when skating than walking. No idea which ones that would be, but I'm sure they exist- like when you go skating when you're not used to it and those muscles come out of nowhere. Lids, of course, would not feel that way since he's used to skating. I'm just wondering if those muscles are ones that he could have tweaked.

Guess we'll know after the playoffs.

Hahahaha, Arms-Crossed-Guy.

That reminded me of those "Real men of Genius" radio commercials. "Today we salute YOU, Arms-Crossed-Guy."

Haha...

Bud Light presents...

Real men of genuis...

Real men of genius...

Today we salute YOU, Arms-Crossed-Guy

Mr. Arms-Crossed Guyyy

Arms-Crossed...

Head high...

Glasses shined...

You're the ultimate symbol of awkward as the new cool..

Napoleon Dynamite!

As soon as trolls rear their head on LGW...

The rolling eyes smileys bust out...

Are you ignorant or just plain stupid?

Unfortunately... both...

Some lower form of primate!

Who's out there pwning noobs?

Some guys with his arms crossed...

And he's coming for you...

Watch out!

So go ahead and crack open a bud light Mr. head up high...

Because you are simply key when it comes to being cocky...

Mr. Head High Arms-Crossed Guy...

Haha...

Bud Light presents...

Real men of genuis...

Real men of genius...

Mr. Arms-Crossed Guyyy

Arms-Crossed...

Head high...

Glasses shined...

Napoleon Dynamite!

Unfortunately... both...

Watch out!

LMFAO.

That was WAY beyond priceless.

Haha...

Bud Light presents...

Real men of genuis...

Real men of genius...

Mr. Arms-Crossed Guyyy

Arms-Crossed...

Head high...

Glasses shined...

Napoleon Dynamite!

Unfortunately... both...

Watch out!

Throw in a few swoons and sighs and you've nailed it!