• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TCbrizz

You stay classy Pittsburgh!

Rate this topic

They can talk all the s*** they want... Konstantinov has made a great recovery in my opinion. This just adds to the Wings depth.

This is a great video:

I'm not a girl given to blubbering, but this video really got me.

We love you, Vladdy!

They can talk all the s*** they want... Konstantinov has made a great recovery in my opinion. This just adds to the Wings depth.

This is a great video:

Man, what a shame. Vladdy was a king, that video made me kind of teary eyed, no one deserved what happened to him. It wouldnt have been as bad if the brain damage wasnt there, but I'm so glad to see he's getting better. His joke about his golf game shows he's still there :P, Love ya Vladdy!

This is a great video:

Dude, that video made me cry. Especially all the fans meting him at the end.

I remember when I saw him at the rally in '98 and he walked across the stage...such a powerful moment.

f*** that blogger for daring to make light of it. I hope we take the Penguins in 4, just to really shove it to that piece of human refuse.

Same here... teary eyed after that video.

But as some already said about the pensblog," We are better than that." Let the puck do the talking!

The Red Wings has a strong culture of classyness and it doesnt hurt when it rubs off on the fans also. =P

You'll find morons in every fan base.. not just Pittsburgh's. If they think it's funny to bash Vladdy, that's their problem.. not ours - though I'd have to assume that not every Pens fan is like this.

Is it classy? Not in the slightest. But what can you do about it?

You'll find morons in every fan base.. not just Pittsburgh's. If they think it's funny to bash Vladdy, that's their problem.. not ours - though I'd have to assume that not every Pens fan is like this.

Is it classy? Not in the slightest. But what can you do about it?

QFT. It only has to be as meaningful or meaningless as you choose it to be. I am guilty of posting some crappy remarks here when I get pissed, so I usually try to refrain from posting till I cool off. Then I usually don't even bother. Who knows what's in the head of the headcase that ticks us off? It takes all kinds to turn a world. Let the Pens have some moosefart fans. We have some, too. It's the internets, folks.

Dude, that video made me cry. Especially all the fans meting him at the end.

I remember when I saw him at the rally in '98 and he walked across the stage...such a powerful moment.

f*** that blogger for daring to make light of it. I hope we take the Penguins in 4, just to really shove it to that piece of human refuse.

That's where I lost it as well!

The person who said we need to rise above this kind of stuff is absolutely right. By stooping to their level we just make ourselves look ridiculous. And we are better than that kind of stuff.

I remember going to a game in '05, and I was about 15 feet away from Vladdie. He looked up at me and smiled, and it just melted my heart. Bless him for his courage and determination. He's a true hero.

I hope they DO throw a hubcap onto the ice.

Just make sure the media gets wind of the Pittsburgh thread.

1) Detroit Red Wings would be on a mission to kill, if it happened.

2) It would definately take a lot of the media "hype" away from Pittsburgh, and make their fans look like morons.

3) Civil war would ensue.

In other words.....they would only be ****ing themselves :-p

I'm not saying I have anything against Pittsburgh fans. Every team has it's good fans, and it's bad fans.

Teams that are "fresh" breakout teams tend to have more fair weather fans riding the bandwagon, who are less educated about hockey, and more prone to blatant insults and foolish predictions. We can't fault them for misunderstanding hockey because they are "new" to the sport.

Detroit was no different back in 1995, 96, 97, etc. Before those years Detroit did not have a lot of fans. In fact, they were one of the worst teams in the league. Even I jumped on the bandwagon in 1995, before slowly becoming a genuinely true fan. Now, I've even made it a point to record and watch games when I was deployed to Iraq. I've been in Korea this entire season, and I still managed to catch a good 70 games (Thank god for nhl.com). But my first few years of "Fand-dom", I thought Sergei Fedorov was jesus reincarnate, and the Russian five was the new age of hockey. In 1995 I had heard all the hype and began to watch the games. But I wasn't BORN a hockey fan. And I certainly didn't come to hockey with the brightest knowledge of the sport. Hell it was probably half a season before I fully understood how offsides worked!

When teams do well, it attracts new fans. Experience should teach us this, as I'm sure that MOST of the posters on this forum became Redwings fans either while, or after, the Redwings started kicking ass. Maybe a slight handful of people on our very own forums, were Detroit fans before 1995. And MOST people picked it up in 1996, or 1997.

Back then, we too were convinced that the Russian five was unbeatable, Osgood was the greatest Goaltender to ever live, and Fedorov could skate faster than a speeding bullet. Many of us who have been fans for a longer time know that obviously, most of these delusions were....well....newbie assessments based on what little experience we had, and what the media/hype had told us.

In Pittsburgh right now the news is playing up Pittsburgh to be the best team in the world. It is, I assure you, no different than how we felt about Detroit going into 1996. And this year is no different than how we felt going into 1997 against the Avs, whom beat us out in 1996.

Young breakout hockey teams earn fans. Unfortunately, some of them are "new" to hockey. We were in that boat once. If Pittsburgh does well for many years to come, their fans will mature and grow as a "whole". We had to do well a few years to come to the sport, and then we've had our years of loses and tribulation to mellow us out a bit. Where once WE might have said "Datsyuk is our lord and savior!" and groveled at his feet protesting anyone who disagreed, now we say, "Datsyuk is a critical component of our team". Well, at least those of us that have been around hockey for nearly two decades :) Pittsburgh has found something to believe in, and a team that can potentially back it up. So, armed with hub caps and whatever other instruments of war they can muster, it's pretty natural that they're on the warpath, while we mostly sit inside our fortress of Stanley Cup ownership and wait.

Sure we got a few newbies manning the walls tossing flame over the edges, and they've got a few wise men trying to lead the battle as well, but two years as a contender doesn't mature a fanbase as a whole nearly as much as 18 years does.

No disregard to Pittsburgh fans. It's a simple fact that fans develop with time. The sales of Pittsburgh novelty items (Jersey's, posters, etc), increased more than 800% since aqcuiring crosby. Much like Detroit went from being dirt broke, to one of the richest franchises in history during the 1995-1998 playoffs.

To all the mature, or well experienced Pittsburgh fans out there, I hope for a great series.

To all the immature, or relatively knowledge lacking ones, I hope we beat you :-p

To all the immature, or relatively knowledge lacking Detroit fans, I hope you STFU and stop ruining the image of the good fans :)

Edited by truebladearmy

I will say this right now, our organization has alot of ties to Pittsburgh by virtue of Scotty Bowman. Those early 1990's Pittsburgh teams were monstrous. When I heard of Mario's bout with Cancer, I thought that it was an absolute travesty for a player whom I've considered to be classy. His return to the game was inspirational to say the least and the way he gives of his time to charities is something to behold. Mario is a genuinely good human being that I would never hold any enmity towards. For ANY Pittsburgh fan, writer, radio analyst, to mock the tragedy that happened to Konstantinov is inexcuseable and the epitome of deploreable humor.

One would never wish Cancer on another person, let alone an opposing team's star contributor, let alone find any humor in an accident that nearly cost three people their lives and devastated their families beyond description. I have a hard time watching Konstantinov as he is now. His wife eloquently sums him up in the best of ways by calling him his own hero. The horror of that day lives with her still (in her face and words); where is there something to ridicule in a woman's heartbreak for her husband? We all remember him as the fierce competitor who never backed down to anyone or anything. How could we have known that his greatest example of tenacity would be his post accident rehabilitation and the profound impact that it has had on our team? I think of it as his destiny and the sort of hurdle that only Vladimir could conquer. Shame on anyone who doesn't see the greatness in his courage and shining example of the strength of the human spirit.

Edited by TSM

Guest E_S_A_D

This is a great video:

To this day when I hear Queen's Song, "We are the Champions" I get choked up. Those of you that know the whole story know what I'm talking about in regards to Vladdy. What a warrior.