• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zata fan 40

Training Camp 2009?

Rate this topic

I live in Traverse City. On Wednesday they said on the radio that the Red Wings still haven't released the dates for training camp or for the sale of tickets.... apparently they have got a few calls asking about it. If I hear anything else I will post it.

I am waiting too...I'm planning on being there again, and I want to be there the morning tickets go on sale. I check with Centre Ice almost every day, and I'll keep looking as well. So one of us will find out for sure.

That's the site you get to if you go through Centre Ice's website. So far they have the page up, but not a bit of info. Just says coming soon. I want to know before I go on vacation in July - in fact, I'm going to drive up the night before and camp out to get them. NO WAY AM I MISSING CAMP.

By the by, if anyone wants to find me, we're the only ones there who have our dog with us. Look for Loki, and you'll find us.

Edited by Kira

http://redwingstrainingcamp.com/

The dates have been released. The above website will give you all the information needed. Word of caution. Last year camp sold out within the first couple of hours. If you are truly interested in going, it's probably best to drive up and buy your tickets. Only a handful of tickets were available online after the in-arena sale.

Would anyone heading up to the in person sale be willing to buy some tickets for all three dates? I would paypal you the money beforehand ? I can offer some money. and give money to have the tickets mailed here..Please let me know...We are ten hours away and it's near impossible for me to get off of work during the summer. I have bought tickets the past two years through the fax sale that has come after,but am a bit nervous now. Please let me know. Thanks guys....

Edited by Zata fan 40

I hope the dates on the site are wrong. If camp starts on Sun, it might be hard to justify the trip from Chicago. I made a weekend trip up that last year and it was a great time. I was half planning on being there again.

http://redwingstrainingcamp.com/

The dates have been released. The above website will give you all the information needed. Word of caution. Last year camp sold out within the first couple of hours. If you are truly interested in going, it's probably best to drive up and buy your tickets. Only a handful of tickets were available online after the in-arena sale.

I had no problem getting tickets for all 3 days last year and I waited until I could fax in my request! I am from Ontario so it made it impossible to pick them up in person but I faxed the AM the tickets were released. Hope that helps

anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Usually i have someone in TC buy them, but they can't get them this year so i'm gonna have to make plans to go there to get them myself...

Sale date has not been announced yet. I'm going up the night before and camping out to guarantee I get my tickets.

This is the only info that I know of

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2009_06/08_Camp.php

By Sarah Lindenau - RedWingsCentral.com / June 8, 2009

The Detroit Red Wings will hold their annual prospects tournament and training camp at Center Ice Arena in Traverse City, Mich., starting Sept. 6.

The prospects tournament, which will host the Columbus Blue Jackets, Atlanta Thrashers, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues, runs through Sept. 10. One more team will also be invited.

The team's main camp will start Sept. 13 with a 9 a.m. practice, while the gold-medal game will be Sept. 14 and the red-and-white game Sept. 15. It's a condensed camp this year as the Red Wings open the season in Sweden.

The charity golf tournament and banquet is scheduled for Sept. 11

You guys who live so close to the Wings are so lucky. I get to see them in person once per year (at best), so I am green with envy.

Will they release the Prospect Camp tickets the same day as the Training Camp Tickets are released? Also when the in-person and online ticket release dates are announced can someone please post them. I will be checking the Centre Ice website daily but in case we miss it. Thanks.

This is the only info that I know of

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2009_06/08_Camp.php

By Sarah Lindenau - RedWingsCentral.com / June 8, 2009

The Detroit Red Wings will hold their annual prospects tournament and training camp at Center Ice Arena in Traverse City, Mich., starting Sept. 6.

The prospects tournament, which will host the Columbus Blue Jackets, Atlanta Thrashers, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues, runs through Sept. 10. One more team will also be invited.

The team's main camp will start Sept. 13 with a 9 a.m. practice, while the gold-medal game will be Sept. 14 and the red-and-white game Sept. 15. It's a condensed camp this year as the Red Wings open the season in Sweden.

The charity golf tournament and banquet is scheduled for Sept. 11

Wow, only one day of practice before the gold medal game? That's really condensed...usually they have three.

So, who's planning on going?? *raises hand* I am! :D