• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zata fan 40

Training Camp 2009?

Rate this topic

On the Training Camp Website it says in-person ticket sale is June 27th and then it has a link that says Full Story. I 've tried onpening it up but for some reason my computer won't let me open the link. Can someone post it on here if they can get it open? Thanks.

HOCKEYTOWN NORTH

Detroit Red Wings Training Camp

NHL Prospects Tournament

DRWTC Golf Classic & Dinner of Champions

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 16, 2009

Red Wings camp cranks up

In-person ticket sale set for June 27

TRAVERSE CITY – Short and sweet. Those three words aptly describe the 12th edition of Detroit Red Wings Training Camp at Centre ICE arena in Traverse City.

With a two-week Olympic respite wedged in the middle of the National Hockey League’s 2009-10 regular season, and the Red Wings opening the campaign with a pair of games in Sweden, the 2009 training camp will be compressed into three days of on-ice action.

“It’s the shortest camp in our history,†said camp director Pete Correia. “Many of the (NHL) teams have adjusted their camps and preseason schedules a bit this year with the Olympics moving everything up. Add the Red Wings’ trip to Europe to open the season, and it’s a unique scenario that gives them just three days on the ice up here.â€

Fans can purchase tickets for the Sept. 13-15 training camp during the first in-person ticket sale, scheduled for June 27 at Centre ICE arena from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. If any tickets remain, a by-fax sale will commence on July 20.

“We’re anticipating pretty high demand again this year, especially given the abbreviated camp schedule and with the (Red Wings) coming off another run to the Stanley Cup Finals,†Correia added. “We’re expecting another sellout.â€

The Red Wings hit the ice on Sunday, Sept. 13 with a workout and intrasquad scrimmage, followed by the annual Gold Medal Game on Monday, Sept. 14, and the culminating Red & White Game on Tuesday, Sept. 15.

The training camp festivities kick off on Friday, Sept. 11 at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, with the Detroit Red Wings Training Camp Golf Classic and Dinner of Champions, where patrons enjoy a day of golf on the Resort’s renowned courses with a Red Wings player, coach or staffer as the fifth member of their group, followed by a dinner and sport memorabilia auctions at Governor’s Hall.

Detroit team officials are also mulling a possible Red Wings Alumni vs. Management game on Saturday, Sept. 12 at Centre ICE, though nothing has been finalized.

“They seem to have some genuine interest in that, and are trying to firm up some details,†Correia explained. “If that comes together, and we hope that it will, it’d add kind of an unofficial fourth day to the camp. We’d have a separate ticket sale with a $10 price point for all seats.â€

The Red Wings Training Camp will be preceded once again by the NHL Prospects Tournament, which only recently rounded out the eight-team event with the addition of the Carolina Hurricanes. They’ll be joined by the top prospects from Detroit, Atlanta, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis and the New York Rangers for the four-day event, set for Sept. 6, 7, 9 and 10. General admission tickets are $5 each, and are good for an entire day’s worth of games (four).

“For a couple of weeks, we get to have some of the best hockey anywhere right here in our building,†Correia said. “It’s a great opportunity for fans of the region, who might not otherwise get a chance to enjoy professional hockey of this caliber.â€

Detroit Red Wings Training Camp | NHL Prospects Tournament

DRWTC Golf Classic & Dinner of Champions

c/o Centre ICE 1600 Chartwell Drive, Suite A – Traverse City, Michigan 49686

www.redwingstrainingcamp.com

Any chance I can paypal money before to someone heading up in late June for some tickets? I would obviously paypal money for the tix, postage to mail to me, and some extra for helping out.Nervous about waiting for the fax sale. Pm me or post here if you can help out. Thanks!

I attended the dinner last year and it was nice. The cup was there--a little extra incentive--plus my kids were with me. The cost--for dinner only--was $175 per person. If you did not golf, you sat at a table with a "prospect" and not a current Wing on the roster. We got lucky enough to sit with Johnathan Ericcson. The golf is extremely expensive.

They have lots of raffle items that you can bid on. It's a business casual dress and they discourage bringing in items for scribbles. You can take all the pics you want--if you can catch the players. Usually, they try to get out of there as soon as they can and they don't arrive until the last possible minute.

Stood in line for 3 hours at Centre Ice Arena in Traverse City and finally got my tickets to all three camp dates. Sunday's scrimmage the reserved seating was sold out by the time I got there but I was able to get seating tickets for both the Gold Medal Game and the Red and White Game. Didn't get ticktes to th Prospect Camp becasue the lady that we bought the tickets from said they weren't selling them and that they would be sold the days of the games. I'll be there early to get the Prospect Camp tickets. I'm just hugely relieved to get the Red Wings Training Camp Tickets.

Man there were a TON of people there today, I camped out overnight to pick up a pile of tickets for friends and family and I'm glad I didn't wait until this morning to try and get all of those or I would have been SOL!! Great to see all the fan support, now it's time to start counting down the days til Sept 13!

We got in line at 8:00 a.m. and were very surprised by how many people were in line before us. Curious to see if everyone in line got tickets. We got tickets for all three days but the man who seemed to be in charge didn't think those that came late would get tickets.

By the time I got up to the line it had already said that the Handicapped Tickets were sold completley out for Sundays Scrimmiage. I was going to stick around and see how many people were going to actually get tickets before it said Sold Out. I am sure glad I didn't wait for the July 20 Online Sale, I would have been very dissappointed.

I don't know how many tickets remained after I left becasue when I left there were atleast another good 100-200 people still in line. Hopefully there will be some tickets left for the online sale because not everyone can get to TC as easily as the people that made it. It was great to see everyone that did make it and hopefully Camp will be sold out once again this September.

Man there were a TON of people there today, I camped out overnight to pick up a pile of tickets for friends and family and I'm glad I didn't wait until this morning to try and get all of those or I would have been SOL!! Great to see all the fan support, now it's time to start counting down the days til Sept 13!

Thank you! :scared: Wow, I had a feeling this year would be a bit different. Usually go through the online sale,but glad I didn't count on that this year. Hopefully Kira got her tickets.

I attended the dinner last year and it was nice. The cup was there--a little extra incentive--plus my kids were with me. The cost--for dinner only--was $175 per person. If you did not golf, you sat at a table with a "prospect" and not a current Wing on the roster. We got lucky enough to sit with Johnathan Ericcson. The golf is extremely expensive.

They have lots of raffle items that you can bid on. It's a business casual dress and they discourage bringing in items for scribbles. You can take all the pics you want--if you can catch the players. Usually, they try to get out of there as soon as they can and they don't arrive until the last possible minute.

Curious about the dinner--did you have to pay full price for your kids, too?? Some friends and I bought tix for the dinner and were hoping to sit at the same table...do you have any choice whatsoever??? Thanks!