• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheCapt19

Schedule Helps Wings?

Rate this topic

The jacked up NHL schedule could actually help the Wings if they take advantage of Game #1. I know the Pens are more experienced. But, if Lids plays his game, Dats gets back and Hossa continues, the back-to-back games may help us by giving Pens less than 24 hrs to regroup. Come back out and punch them in the throat again Sunday, and we're back to the 2-0 lead like we had last year. I think we just need to come out balls to the walls and win Game #1 with authority.

I agree that it could help. Everyone is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Sure we only get two days off, but the pens only get 3 days off. I don't view one day of rest that crucial with the calibur of team we have here. The back-to-back thing is the bigger stinger, but that is the same for both teams. If we're gonna win the series, we'll do it regardless of how the schedule plays out.

The jacked up NHL schedule could actually help the Wings if they take advantage of Game #1. I know the Pens are more experienced. But, if Lids plays his game, Dats gets back and Hossa continues, the back-to-back games may help us by giving Pens less than 24 hrs to regroup. Come back out and punch them in the throat again Sunday, and we're back to the 2-0 lead like we had last year. I think we just need to come out balls to the walls and win Game #1 with authority.

What do you mean the pens are more experienced?????

I don't really sit Pittsburgh as getting an extra day of rest. They have to travel to Detroit. No matter how short the trip is, it's still a huge pain in the ass to pack and go and get there and unpack, etc...

The bigger issue, as mentioned, is the douleheader - so to speak.

@Made in Hockeytown: I was referring to as in comparison to last year...

On that note, I still think that they are not well-rounded to recover in less than 24 hrs from a old fashion horse whoopin' if the Wings bring it like they can. Then it is too big a hole to come out of, having to be us 4 of the next 5 games.

I agree that it could help. Everyone is making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Sure we only get two days off, but the pens only get 3 days off. I don't view one day of rest that crucial with the calibur of team we have here. The back-to-back thing is the bigger stinger, but that is the same for both teams. If we're gonna win the series, we'll do it regardless of how the schedule plays out.

It's the combo of the two that really blows. 2 days off (not as fresh to begin with) followed by back to back. SUX!!! So it isn't quite the same for both teams. You'd be amazed at what that extra (3 days off) before a series will do for yer legs.