• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

If anyone bought tickets for game 2 and can verify, I know I got an email today from ticketmaster saying game 5 was an 8PM start.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:43 AM

im still pissed that there are back to back games in the finals

#23 LoveMyWings8

LoveMyWings8

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

You're not the only one that's pissed!! Three games, in four days?!

#24 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:05 AM

All finals game are at 8pm as far as im concerned

#25 Bocephus Jones

Bocephus Jones

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (T.Low @ May 29, 2009 - 02:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conventional Wisdom say the Wings are tired and the Pens are young and rested, and i agree. Two days off then the Pens back to back Sat and Sunday at the pace of a SCF game? No way. Then a travel day and another game? The Wings cannot do that. Depth schmepth. The Wings will be flat and heavy legged and are going to get burned and i am not happy about it. That schedule is a crock of s***. WTF?

The one thing you have to remember about Bettman is that it's never about doing what's right for the game.

After all, he's the poster boy for www.corporatesuckup.com

#26 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

This league wants so desperately a Sidney Crosby with a Stanley Cup in his hand. Period.
I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#27 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

I highly doubt it's at noon. 3 would even be pushing it imo. And everyone who is going all JFK conspiracy theory on this it has nothing to do with Bettman wanting Crosby to win a Cup. Yes I believe he does very badly but it did not weigh in on this at all. They were gonna have a sat./sun. games 1 & 2 no matter what. It was either this weekend or next and Bettman didn't want to wait a whole week. It is Bettman's fault for having NBC and letting them do this. NBC wouldn't have done this in the mid 90's for the NBA. They would have just said Conan and Jay you're waiting until the Finals are over to start your new shows. This is far worse than anything ESPN/ABC ever pulled with the NHL. I sure hope ESPN is back next year.

#28 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (E_S_A_D @ May 29, 2009 - 07:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This league wants so desperately a Sidney Crosby with a Stanley Cup in his hand. Period.

Please. This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the league bowing down to NBC's demands. This issue should've been addressed before the playoffs started so there wasn't the potential for this to happen. The league got lazy and both teams suffer the short layoff as a result. Had the injury situation for the Wings or the level of play the Penguins have been playing at been reversed, we'd still be in the same boat.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).