• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Psychlone

How huge is Game 1?

Rate this topic

I know I know Capt. Obvious right? But seriously if the Wings take Game 1, serious doubts may creep back in to the Pens and with Game 2 the next day the Wings can really damage any hopes they have of winning the series by taking a 2-0 lead.

On the other hand if the Pens can steal Game 1, they might be able to carry that momentum into Game 2 and have a chance to win that one and be up 2-0 or at least make it close and head back to Pittsburgh with a split.

What are your thoughts?

Well, the first two games are huge. I think the Pens chance of winning this series lie in getting the jump on this bruised and decimated Wings team and taking atleast one of the first two games. If they can't do that I don't see how they're going to win the series.

If the Pens win the first two games I could still see the Wings mounting a comeback though.

MEGALADON HUGE!

Megalodon_Foto.jpg

Roadmap to the Cup is simple. Win Game #1 convincingly, instilling doubt in the Pens' minds. Then, take Game #2 as they will have less than 24 hrs to recover. Go back to sPittsburgh up 2-0 and know that they won't beat us the next 4 out of 5 games.

I know I know Capt. Obvious right? But seriously if the Wings take Game 1, serious doubts may creep back in to the Pens and with Game 2 the next day the Wings can really damage any hopes they have of winning the series by taking a 2-0 lead.

On the other hand if the Pens can steal Game 1, they might be able to carry that momentum into Game 2 and have a chance to win that one and be up 2-0 or at least make it close and head back to Pittsburgh with a split.

What are your thoughts?

If the Wings come out and smoke them in Game 1 like 5 or 6 to 1 or 0. The pens will lose all confidence in there game.... If the Pens keep game one close then it will be a long series.

Its as simple as that.... The Pens have a lot of Confidence right now but I do believe it is something that Detroit can take away with a huge win in Game 1.

See, game 1 is important, but with a veteran presence like the Wings, it's not a must win by any stretch. The Wings are a team that has the capability to come on late in series' because they roll 4 lines all series long. They can win a war of attrition, which means Game 1 is just as important as game 3 or any other. Skill + intensity + sustained effort = win. The wings are the total package, and over a 7 game series, this will bear out.

Well, I think it is huge for Penguins. Even if wings drop game 1 or 2 (like in case with Anaheim) they will still have enough confedence to go to PIT and take a game or to over there. However, if on Monday we're talking Wings 2-0 in the series - it's pretty much the end for Pens.

In NHL best-of-seven series, the winner of Game 1 has gone 367-164 -- winning 69.1 percent of the series. Game 2 winners have gone 381-150 -- winning 71.8 percent of the series.

Teams that have won both games to go up, 2-0, have gone 254-37 -- 87.2 percent.

Game 2 winners who lost Game 1 have gone 127-113 (52.9 percent). In contrast -- and fairly obviously -- teams that have won Game 1 but lost Game 2 have gone 113-127 (47.1 percent).

These first 2 games at home will play a big mental and physical factor on the rest of the series. Back to back games at home for the beginning of the SCF with some key players coming back from injury. Wings depth and preparation will handle it just fine though. We are ready and waiting to see what the Pengs got errr have errr wish they had?

Wings by 2 goals tomorrow.