• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

SCF Lines

Rate this topic

Here is what I'd like to see.

If everyones healthy can play (hopefully)

Franzen-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Cleary-Filpulla-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Maltby-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericcson

Osgood

Line 1- I load up the first line and put Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Frazen together for a couple reasons.

1. Last year Datsyuk and Zetterberg successfully outplayed Crosby and Malkin which was a huge reason why we were able to win. Both Datsyuk and Zetterberg havent been as good in these playoffs as last year, so put Franzen on their wing to try and add a spark.

2. D and Z are two of the best defensive forwards in the game. Both are Selke finalists. Put them together, along with Franzen who is also a very good defensive forward, and match them up against either Crosby or Malkin, preferably Malkin, and shut him down. We shut Malkin down last year and it was another reason why were able to win. Malkin has not been matched up against a player of Datsyuk or Zetterbergs caliber, let alone both of them. Couple that with one of our two shut down defensive pairs, and I think Malkin or Crosby, Babs choice, can be neutralized.

Line 2- Cleary has earned the right to be on a top two line and basically, Holmstrom has earned the right to not be on a top two line in my opinion. Put him with Val and Hossa who have showed some great chemistry together in the last series. Cleary, Val, and Hossa are all very good defensively and are more than capable of going against either the Malkin or Crosby line. In my opinion, Hossa will be a man possessed this series. Not only is he eager to win a cup, but now he has to prove everyone right on his offseason decision. I look for him to have a huge series.

Line 3- We've seen this line in the Chicago series. Helm has been big. Samuelsson scores clutch goals, and so does Hudler.

Line 4- It is what it is I guess

Defense

One of the top two defensive units in the league anyway you slice it. My only concern is injuries coupled with the crap game 1 and 2 schedule. We need Lidstrom and Ericcson healthy. We cant be having our guys logging the kind of minutes they do, without them, on back to back nights.

Wouldnt you want to split Z and D so one line is h2h with Crosby's line and the 2nd line h2h with the Malkin line?

Fil-Dat-Hossa .. thats a cool name lol fil dat hossa up!

Franzen-Z-newfl.

Hud-Helmet-Sammy

Maltby-Abdel-Homer

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ

We just have to be able to have Datsyuk head to head with Malkin and Zetterberg head to head with Crosby.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Cleary

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hossa

Hudler - Helm - Samuelson

Maltby - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

If Draper gets healthy I switch him and Abdelkader of course.

Here is what I'd like to see.

If everyones healthy can play (hopefully)

Cleary-Filpulla-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Maltby-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericcson

Osgood

re: the defensive pairings.

With Lidstrom and Ericcson healthy I would put them back together and have Rafi and Lebda together. This would provide 3 deep defensive pairings @ ~ 20 minutes each and help with matchups v. Crosby and Malkin lines especially when going into the Igloo.

I don't like that 4th line. It's neither good defensively nor good offensively. Sadly, I don't know how to change it and keep Holmstrom for PPs. :) If Draper's available I would probably do this:

Holmstrom-Filpulla-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Draper-Abdelkader-Cleary

I was discussing match ups with a Penguins fan who pointed out how Kunitz targeted Timonen (everyone remember that hit) in the ECQF and that he'd probably do the same to Lidstrom. Given that Nick is already hurt and there really is no overly physical presence on our top line, what do you think about putting Jr. and Stu out against Crosby/Guerin/Kunitz and matching Malkin against Nick and Raffi. Granted Malkin and Fedotenko are big and can throw their weight around and Talbot is on that line, but I don't see them playing the body as effectively.

re: the defensive pairings.

With Lidstrom and Ericcson healthy I would put them back together and have Rafi and Lebda together. This would provide 3 deep defensive pairings @ ~ 20 minutes each and help with matchups v. Crosby and Malkin lines especially when going into the Igloo.

I don't like that 4th line. It's neither good defensively nor good offensively. Sadly, I don't know how to change it and keep Holmstrom for PPs. :) If Draper's available I would probably do this:

Holmstrom-Filpulla-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Draper-Abdelkader-Cleary

With homer going down hill quick, and cleary being Nothing but clutch, i wouldnt have him on the 4th line, plus, draper+faceoffs=money, so i dont know why youd have abs as your center on that line.

id probably split up Z and Dats like everyones saying, to have them up against malkin and sissy...

id also put Homer on the 3rd line with Helm and Hudler, i think he pairs up well with them... make samuelson the odd man out down to the 4th line...

so i dont know why youd have abs as your center on that line.

Mainly because of Draper's groin problems. The center has to come back defensively more in the Wings' system so having Abs with that responsibility has that line with a great face-off man and can run around and hit people. :)

Plus I think (hope?) Homer's due. Have him clear some space for Fil & Hossa.

5 on 5

Helm-Datsyuk-Hossa

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Franzen/Cleary/Zetterberg (rotating*)-Draper-Samuelsson

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

*If we get up by 2 or more goals, let Holmstrom fill this spot and roll the lines.

Power Play

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Hossa-Filppula-Hudler

Kronwall-Ericsson

I definitely want Zetterberg and Datsyuk split up (for once). I think Z needs to be on Crosby and Dats on Malkin.

agreed.

cleary - zetterberg - franzen

hossa - dats - fillpula

sammy - helm - huds

leino - abdelkader - homer

lids - raffi

kronner - stewie

lebda - ericsson

We just have to be able to have Datsyuk head to head with Malkin and Zetterberg head to head with Crosby.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Cleary

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hossa

Hudler - Helm - Samuelson

Maltby - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

If Draper gets healthy I switch him and Abdelkader of course.

Two things, 1) Even with getting Datsyuk back, I wouldn't want to split up the chemistry that Hossa and Filppula have had, 2) Zetterberg and Hossa hasn't worked at all in the regular season, and I don't think it has even been revisited in the playoffs.

agreed.

cleary - zetterberg - franzen

hossa - dats - fillpula

sammy - helm - huds

leino - abdelkader - homer

lids - raffi

kronner - stewie

lebda - ericsson

This is more like it. Maybe Datsyuk can feed off the spark of his wingers, and if you wanted to make life a little easier on Datsyuk you could put him on the wing and let Filppula center the line sometimes, the wingers have a little less running around to do defensively. Cleary has definitely earned his way into the top 6, and that line has been lethal, size, speed, net presence, skill and defensive ability. If they keep Crosby and Malkin separate we can match up with both, if they keep them together we throw the Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen line out against them with Lidstrom-Rafalski on the blue line.

Edited by bonan78