• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Draper AND Lilja participating in full practice tod

Rate this topic

I assume if Lils is full contact he will be evaluated after by the Docs and given a thumbs up or thumbs down based on how he feels etc.

Sounds like we may be on track to being full roster by tomorrow or sunday.

I still don't see Lils back before game 6 if at all this year, but this is a great sign - even if he's cleared, he has to get back in game shape...

For everyone else, this is great!

Yeah I don't see him coming back to play in the finals but it's great to hear he's back at practice.

Wonderful news. We all know Lidstrom will be back and it sounds like Datsyuk will be back too. The Wings just got that much better. Bring on those Penguins.

Edited by Mike

Guest CaliWingsNut
story here -Check it

A good sign for fans, but from knowing the wings it's very likely to mess with Pitts planning.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ers_pave_1.html

Update from the start of Wings practice: Captain Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk and Kris Draper are practicing. Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson, who had an appendectomy on Wednesday, is not skating.

It is the first time Datsyuk (bruised foot) has skated with his teammates since Game 2 of the last round against Chicago, the first time Lidstrom (lower-body injury) has practiced since last Saturday, and the first time Draper has been on the ice since Game 3 vs. the Blackhawks.

General manager Ken Holland said yesterday that Lidstrom likely will play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday. And Lidstrom looks to be moving well out there.

Here is the lines they're working with:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Cleary-Filppula-Hossa (Datsyuk working in)

Holmstrom-Helm-Samuelsson

Leino-Abdelkader-Maltby (Draper working in)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

Meech

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

Practice lines

Here's what the Wings are working out of today ...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Cleary-Filppula-Hossa (Datsyuk working in)

Holmstrom-Helm-Samuelsson

Leino-Abdelkader-Maltby (Draper working in)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Lilja

Meech-Chelios

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

Here's what jumps out ... Lidstrom is working out of a spot that says he's definitely playing in Game 1 of the SCF. Datsyuk is just subbing on a line. Babcock is prepping the team for a game without Pavel.

On the blue line, Lilja is partnered with Lebda. Two things might be going on. First, Lilja might be back in the lineup with Chelios out. Second, and I think this might be more reasonable, Lilja is a place-holder for Ericsson, who might return from appendicitis surgery.

UPDATE: Datsyuk isn't taking part in drills. He's out there working on skating and stickhandling.

According to Bruce MacLeod on Twitter:

Lilja is either back in the lineup or more likely a place holder for Ericsson. Lilja's skating with Lebda. Chelios is down with Meech.

Just the fact that Lilja is practicing though, it's given me a big...er...smile. :D

According to Bruce MacLeod on Twitter:

Just the fact that Lilja is practicing though, it's given me a big...er...smile. :D

Even if he doesn't come back this year this is very good to hear. I was starting to get worried for his health.

i've never played hockey, so i don't know, but has anybody had a bruised foot from a puck? does it really keep you out of the lineup for a week and a half (in the playoffs?!?!) ? i have a sneaking suspicion dats' foot is fractured and he won't be back. how many games can you be a game-time decision. if you're game-time decision one game, you're almost sure to play the next game. it's seeming more plausible that the wings are stringing datsyuk along as a possibility so that other teams have to prepare as if he's playing, while the wings know full well datsyuk isn't close.

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

Hey everybody, first post here. Been a fan of the wings for 15 years. Obviously as you can tell Fedorov was and always will be my favorite player.

But TSN is saying Datsyuk wasn't going all out. Worries me given that Game 1 is so close.

i've never played hockey, so i don't know, but has anybody had a bruised foot from a puck? does it really keep you out of the lineup for a week and a half (in the playoffs?!?!) ? i have a sneaking suspicion dats' foot is fractured and he won't be back. how many games can you be a game-time decision. if you're game-time decision one game, you're almost sure to play the next game. it's seeming more plausible that the wings are stringing datsyuk along as a possibility so that other teams have to prepare as if he's playing, while the wings know full well datsyuk isn't close.

"Datsyuk appeared to be testing his foot, but wasn't moving very well. "

Doesnt sound too great, but atleast lids will be back.