• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Psychlone

Promise me this Wings Fans

Rate this topic

I'd expect this place to be a ghost-town if the Penguins win. I know I won't be able to read or watch anything related to hockey until the trade deadline at the earliest and the start of the '10 season at the latest.

Screw Pittsburgh...aren't there enough of these "lets be good sports" threads already? Don't expect them to be happy when we win again.

Yeah why are Pittsburgh fans bringing up this good sports s***. I dont have a candle and I will not be singing folk songs.

The schedule bothered me mostly because, Nick, Pavel, Ericsson and Drapes are healing, knowing full well that if Crosby was injured this rush to finals wouldn't have been dreamed of.

But with Nick and Ericsson confirmed for game 1, there's no reason we can't beat you... All respect will be payed in any outcome of these finals.

Not relevant to anything, I just remember laughing really hard when Datsyuk was blatantly tripped in game 6 last finals and nothing was called. Stuff like that needs be called in this series, and the little stuff needs to be let go.

If this is another battle with the refs (which arguably the last two series had their fair share of bulls***) then you will not see Wings fans giving credit while they are still angry.

Like has been stated, if the Pens beat us fair and square and just outman us, of course I'll give them credit. But if they don't, if it's a total crap scrape-by win, then I won't. I'll be frustrated, but I'm not the kind of fan to go around blaming everything.

it is funny how ericsson has become such an important player on these boards.. Come on we haven't even started the playoffs with him. He's an excellent kid, but not yet critical for our organization.

Datsyuk's game is a key... with a top level pavel, the pens have no chance. same team +hossa, and an even better osgood than last year.

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

If the Wings win, I promise to do the same.

We will for this year if Crosby will for last year.

To this day he's not given Detroit an ounce of credit for beating them in the finals.

We will for this year if Crosby will for last year.

To this day he's not given Detroit an ounce of credit for beating them in the finals.

they are just puffed up right now cause they swept the caine.........yeah im thinking the same thing.=)

BigHeadRuinsTheDay.png

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

this reminds me of sidney crying to zetterberg last year... shut and stay on your own forums... so sick of other pens fans coming here talking crap or crying... or trying to get themself some attention.

I totally agree but this site seems to have more than its share of objective reasonable people which is why I chose to post it here instead of some other Wings sites.

As a Wings' fan since '94 I agree with your take. This is the only Wings' message board I come to anymore. The rest seem to have more than their share of classless cretins. Of course, speaking for myself (who the hell else would, I ask...!) I'm always calm, reasonable and logical. And of course, I'm always right, too. :deal:

:wacko:

It depends how the series goes and if or when pavs plays at all. That has a big effect becuase that would be like the Pens losing Crosby or Malkin which if that happened I'm sure we would hear them complaining a lot. Also the officiating has a big impact.

First and foremost, no team is good enough all the time to deal with the inconsistency of the penalty calling.

Second, I think the Pens have a great team. I don't believe that there is a conspiracy, just marketing. Malkin is a phenom and Crosby is one of the greats. I can't stand Crosby but I know a good player when I see one. At least I hope I do. I think the "D" is weaker then Detroits but who is not. If Fluery keeps playing like he has been it won't matter much.

Third, "if" the Wings lose I will say what I think the reasons are regardless. I could care less if you make excuses for the Pens. What you think about Wings fans means very little to me, and I am sure that stands for every Wings fan.

Third 1/2, I am expecting a historic series and can hardly handle the suspense!

GO WINGS!!!

this reminds me of sidney crying to zetterberg last year... shut and stay on your own forums... so sick of other pens fans coming here talking crap or crying... or trying to get themself some attention.

??!!! Interesting. I don't recognize your name as even a semi-regular on here. Doesn't mean you can't voice your opinion, but I not only don't agree with your take, you don't have much cred in my eyes at the moment.

Oh brother... :rolleyes:

I can assure you that some of the people on this site are going to do everything you just listed and then some.

But some of us are perfectly capable of giving credit where it's due.

Not me. I'm going to act like a spoiled brat and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Yeah? Well that's what you get for not letting me have that cookie before dinner!!!

(Oooh... I kind of euphemized there a little bit with that last sentence.)

Not me. I'm going to act like a spoiled brat and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Yeah? Well that's what you get for not letting me have that cookie before dinner!!!

(Oooh... I kind of euphemized there a little bit with that last sentence.)

Dayum.

I would throw a whole bag of cookies at you if I could.