• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Psychlone

Promise me this Wings Fans

Rate this topic

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

If the Wings win, I promise to do the same.

Presumptuous, but fair enough.

That said, if Pittsburgh does win, I'm switching off from as much national hockey broadcasts as I possibly can for the next year. I don't think my stomach can take the 12-month-long media circlejerk that would inevitably happen if Crosby won the Cup. And I don't mean that as a jab at Crosby, despite his attitude he's a great player and he ultimately can't control what the media says about him, but it's seriously going to tickle my gag reflex when HNIC inevitably starts interjecting a story about the Penguins' ungodly Cup run between play of some Vancouver-Edmonton game and crap like that.

Presumptuous, but fair enough.

That said, if Pittsburgh does win, I'm switching off from as much national hockey broadcasts as I possibly can for the next year. I don't think my stomach can take the 12-month-long media circlejerk that would inevitably happen if Crosby won the Cup. And I don't mean that as a jab at Crosby, despite his attitude he's a great player and he ultimately can't control what the media says about him, but it's seriously going to tickle my gag reflex when HNIC inevitably starts interjecting a story about the Penguins' ungodly Cup run between play of some Vancouver-Edmonton game and crap like that.

HAHA sounds good, I may have to mute the sound myself at times. Don't think just cause I'm a fan of the team that the constant circlejerk doesn't get annoying at times, it does.

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

Seriously, there are douchebag Pens fans, douchebag Wings fans, douchebag Flyers fans, douchebag canes fans, douchebag [insert any teams name here] fans. Boggles my mind why some people think some teams have better fans than others. All teams have the good and the bad ones.

Screw Pittsburgh...aren't there enough of these "lets be good sports" threads already? Don't expect them to be happy when we win again.

That's cool and yeah you're probably right but I just had to get it off my chest.

Seriously, there are douchebag Pens fans, douchebag Wings fans, douchebag Flyers fans, douchebag canes fans, douchebag [insert any teams name here] fans. Boggles my mind why some people think some teams have better fans than others. All teams have the good and the bad ones.

I totally agree but this site seems to have more than its share of objective reasonable people which is why I chose to post it here instead of some other Wings sites.

I don't want to hear about how ... the refs screwed us

Hmm...do you know something? Actually it's not going out on the limb much that the NHL would like the glitz to win this one. Crosby and Malkin with a Cup are that much more marketing for the NHL. The Wings winning another one isn't.

fair by me, but if another "event" happens like it did against the ducks (see hossa's waived off goal) then all bets are off.

Fair enough, that would rile me up as well.

If they beat us they will certainly deserve it.

I totally agree but this site seems to have more than its share of objective reasonable people which is why I chose to post it here instead of some other Wings sites.

Well, if that`s true, then you didn`t need to post this. ;)

Edited by Tman77

what the hell.....really.

come to a wings board and tell us how to act if your team beats us????wtf..i have seen it all. hahahahahaha

yeah lets not blame anything on a loss but our skill right pens fans...like last year right? hahahahahahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Perfectly said, I absolutely could not agree more. :thumbup:

So far this playoffs, the Wings have proven that no matter what gets thrown at them, they find a way to overcome and win anyway. So, when it comes right down to it, I believe that if the Penguins win this series, it will be because they outplayed the Wings and for no other reason. For that, they will get my respect, even if I would be unable to deal with the media's bulls*** next year.

this seems like kind of a loaded request seeing as how we havent even played a second of hockey yet. i think your statement would be more appropriate if and when the Pens are on the brink of winning and its been a fair/competitive series. that being said, if you win because you are the better hockey team, then i promise ill give you props. and id expect the same from you.

thanks, and good luck!

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses.

I already give the Pens credit (as do many Wings fans). Can we expect the same from all of Pitt's fans in terms of giving us credit, admitting you were wrong about the Wings, and not making any excuses? I'd expect a better response from your fans than, say, Blackhawks jackasses at least.

The Penguins won't win, bit for the sake of arguement.........Good luck with that. Every team has douchebag fans. However, I think you will find that if the Wings lose, most fans (and ALL of the actual organization) will conduct themselves with dignity.

this seems like kind of a loaded request seeing as how we havent even played a second of hockey yet. i think your statement would be more appropriate if and when the Pens are on the brink of winning and its been a fair/competitive series. that being said, if you win because you are the better hockey team, then i promise ill give you props. and id expect the same from you.

thanks, and good luck!

thats just it...we wont see most of these so called level headed pens fans if we come out with the win again. mark it down. and we will hear the same s*** like last year...obstruction,obstruction,obstruction...blah blah blah...

It's going to depend on the circumstances...but I already give them credit...they've got 2 of the top players in the league and even though most agree the East is weaker overall, it's very respectable to win 3 straight series, 2 years in a row.

Only if the Zebras arent the main reason the Pens win, if they did like last year and purposefully miss calls/make calls when the wings are about to put away a game, then I will not give them any credit.

thats just it...we wont see most of these so called level headed pens fans if we come out with the win again. mark it down. and we will hear the same s*** like last year...obstruction,obstruction,obstruction...blah blah blah...

I can't speak for all Pens fans but I intend to make no excuses if the Penguins lose.

Only if the Zebras arent the main reason the Pens win, if they did like last year and purposefully miss calls/make calls when the wings are about to put away a game, then I will not give them any credit.

x2 for this too.

I thought the Penguins got extremely generous calls (boarding on Draper, Lilja's stick being slashed and broken out of his hand on an existing Penguins PP are two that come to mind).