• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manoir

Ex-Pens who eventually played for Detroit

Rate this topic

Has anyone noticed that a lot of Penguins eventually go on to play for the Wings. Must be something about that organization that drives them to Detroit. Here's a list off the top of my head.

Scotty Bowman

Ken Wregget

Paul Coffey

Larry Murphy

Dmitri Mironov

Jason Woolley

Mike Ramsay

Frederik Olausson

Jiri Slegr

Cory Cross

Ulf Samuelsson

Luc Robitaille

Doug Brown

Bob Errey

Tomas Sandstrom

Mikael Samuelsson

Robert Lang

Also you could add Jamie "Push-over" Pushor, and Greg Johnson.

Johnson went the other way. I believe he was part of the Sandstrom trade. I don't think Pushor played for Pittsburgh.

Edit: I was wrong Pushor played for Pittsburgh after Columbus, but either way, these two played for Detroit first, while the original poster was saying who played for Pittsburgh, then came to Detroit.

Edited by CenterIce

Scotty Bowman

Ken Wregget

Paul Coffey

Larry Murphy

Mike Ramsey

Bob Errey

These guys came here because at the time the Wings desperately needed Cup-winning experience. Billy B was the key, Murph-dog was an important contributer, the rest faded into retirement.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of Penguins eventually go on to play for the Wings. Must be something about that organization that drives them to Detroit. Here's a list off the top of my head.

Lol its not the Penguins organization is the Wings Organization that draws them to us.

Every player in the NHL wants to play for a smart, winning Organization and there is none better then Detroit.

• We have the Owner who is willing to do anything it takes to put a winning team on the ice.
    • We have the GM that is God or Gods right hand man that can get contract done with some nice hockeytown discounts.
    • We have the coach that knows when to push and when to back off the players, knows what it takes to win and is not above yelling at star players that are not playing welling.
    • We have the players that are willing to do whatever it takes to win, I do mean anything.
    • We have the history to show that we are a winning team and we have Stevie Y in our front office, who can still proved leadership from the press box during games.
Edited by Red4wings4life

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Lol its not the Penguins organization is the Wings Organization that draws them to us.

Every player in the NHL wants to play for a smart, winning Organization and there is none better then Detroit.

• We have the Owner who is willing to do anything it takes to put a winning team on the ice.
    • We have the GM that is God or Gods right hand man that can get contract done with some nice hockeytown discounts.
    • We have the coach that knows when to push and when to back off the players, knows what it takes to win and is not above yelling at star players that are not playing welling.
    • We have the players that are willing to do whatever it takes to win, I do mean anything.
    • We have the history to show that we are a winning team and we have Stevie Y in our front office, who can still proved leadership from the press box during games.

Pretty sure most of those players came to play in detroit B4 1997... So settle down Sparky...

Pretty sure most of those players came to play in detroit B4 1997... So settle down Sparky...

I'm pretty sure 95 per cent of the Penguins current fan base wasn't even alive B4 1997, Sparky.

Didn't Mr. Bowman come to Detroit from Pittsburgh for less money?

Wow! They must have booed the hell out of him in Pittsburgh after that!

Oh wait, no one went to their games for a decade.