• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Great clips over at TSN

Rate this topic

I have got to assume all Babs has to do to motivate these guys is play the Versus/NHL commercials, and how they make it look like the Pens won the whole thing and each and everyone of them is amped up, I bet that is what led to the 6-1 Hawks game. Babs knew he with all of the injuries that he needed to give his guys their spinach (think Popeye) and showed them the "Sudden Death becomes Sudden Life" commercial, and you know the rest of the story!

when i used to work a circuit city as an evenining job, the TV demos played the '08 SC finals highlights, but they set it up like the Penguins won the cup. all they showed were cindy crosby scoring goals. never once did they show the Wings carrying the cup or even skating around. it was like they didnt even playing in the finals. pretty lame if you ask me.

i guess we have to prove we won it two years in a row to show some people who is the best team in the world.

Edited by IDLE19

So I was in the Ala Moana Center yesterday (the biggest mall in Hawaii) and to my suprise they had a big TV display of Red Wings and the Penguins playing in last years SCF. Well, they show all the big hits, all the goals and saves, and then to my suprise they show Peter Sykora scoring that game winner in OT, then cut to a clip of Mario raising the cup, and then a fade to black with game 1, 2pm local time.

I'm not sure if that's being televised nationally, but if it is it should be a crime XD

So I was in the Ala Moana Center yesterday (the biggest mall in Hawaii) and to my suprise they had a big TV display of Red Wings and the Penguins playing in last years SCF. Well, they show all the big hits, all the goals and saves, and then to my suprise they show Peter Sykora scoring that game winner in OT, then cut to a clip of Mario raising the cup, and then a fade to black with game 1, 2pm local time.

I'm not sure if that's being televised nationally, but if it is it should be a crime XD

it's funny how far back into the archives they had to go to find a penguin with the cup :P

Guest mindfly

lol...overall i liked how the wings have played in the playoffs thus far, when they play good i'm happy ;)... regular season = didn't play good = pissed off mindfly :P

even though alot of people read all papers and stuff some american folks don't visit the canadian or swedish papers very much so i try to provide news and fun stuff as much as possible.