• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Game one to the wings on the strength of lucky bounces, looking forward to the 2nd game.

If you're only scoring perfect masterpiece goals, you don't win a series. Every team needs lucky bounces and lucky calls. Samuelsson has won us like 5 playoff games thus far in his career on the strength of garbage goals alone.

Babcock wants his guys to keep the puck on a hair trigger and shoot shoot shoot...because lucky bounces happen even on poor shots. It's a good strategy and I'm damn glad they play it.

I'm gonna go ahead and say the Refs were not too bad tonight. You could argue the calls they did make, but I'm glad they kept the calls low and let the teams play. I was waiting for the Pens to get a PP at the end there...just like they did in games 5 and 6 last year.

LOL. Crosby you're an ass. "I'm just going to dangle my stick really casual and OH! Did I happen to whack Maltby's skates? My bad!"

Remember when Sean Avery did that to one of the opposing goaltenders during an intermission? Everyone wanted to execute him. Wonder what they'll say about Crosby's late slash...

Oh, duh. They won't say a ******* thing. Because he's the golden boy.

WOOOOOOOO!!! WHAT A GAME!! Great job by the Wings!

Chris Osgood was freaking FANTASTIC! Glad to see Don Cherry give him big props and telling everyone that doesn't appreciate him to give it a rest cause he's done enough. lol

BTW, What the hell did Crosby hit Malts for at the end? Bitter eh? What a joke.

GO WINGS!!!!!!

Guest mindfly

4th line did a great job, i'd like to think that penguins should be a bit more tired tomorrow because they didnt played their 4th as much.. i liked the control-style game detroit played after the 3rd goal.. so thank you abdelkader for changing the momentum

Good win, with a few nice bounces here and there ;)

Great win for the Wings, had some especially scary moments early in the second, but we prevailed as any great team does.

Fun fact: Once Dats comes back Malkin will be as invisible as Crosby was tonight.

He slashed Maltby's skate while he was leaving. Albeit not a hard slash, but very unsportsmanlike none-the-less, but it's Crosby what do you expect.

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.