• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Is it just me, or is Malkin really weak on the puck? I lost track of the number of times he had it knocked off his stick. I remember that happening frequently in last year's finals as well.

I can't wait for the Post Game conferences....anyone putting in early bets on the Pens explanation for losing? Abs is speaking in post game, media guy Fu*ked up his name lol

Since we won 70+% of the faceoffs, I'm going to say he's gonna pull a Hitchcock and say we were cheatin...

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.

Funny, 4 of 7 are in Detroit and the back boards are going to be there every game. Looks like we're gonna win the series then :thumbup:

I missed that Crosby cross check to Zetterberg's head but I finally saw it now. Man... What the hell was that all about?

Crosby was just oozing class tonight.

Elbow to the head of Zetterberg.

Cross-check to the back of Zetterberg's head.

Flying dive to the corner, unsuccessfully trying to draw a penalty and taking himself out of the play.

After the final horn, unprovoked lackadaisical slash to Maltby.

Holy s*** what a hard-fought win. I can't believe the Wings managed to win that 2nd period 1-0.

We got a lot of good bounces tonight, but with some of the non-calls on the Pens, I think it evened out.

Helm, Abdelkader, Maltby, Ozzie.. what studs. I love this team.

Tomorrow is going to be even harder. But I'll be okay with a split. This schedule and the injuries made me fear going down 2-0 after the first two games.

This game the team showed some real strenght I thought. The Pens gave it their all, but we managed to shut down Crosby and keep Malkin to 1 point.

If we can keep those two players in check like this for 3 more games, this series is won.

Edited by dat's sick

Is anyone close to adding Crosby to the all-time s*** list?

Lemieux - Pronger - Perry

I can't believe he cross checked Z in the head. I really want to punch him now.

Crosby is an *******. I don't care if he's talented. He's an ******* and no amount of talent will ever change that.

Babs at the mic now.

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.

If the hockey gods are on our side, we'll take it, and you can keep the refs.

Crosby was just oozing class tonight.

Elbow to the head of Zetterberg.

Cross-check to the back of Zetterberg's head.

Flying dive to the corner, unsuccessfully trying to draw a penalty and taking himself out of the play.

After the final horn, unprovoked lackadaisical slash to Maltby.

You don't even have to call it classless. It's just plain dumb.

Here's hoping the Wings don't sink to his level.

Game Stars:

1. Ozzie - right on!

2. Malkin? whatever... :rolleyes:

3. Helmer -- should have been second, Mule third

JMO

I would have gone

1: Ozzie - Beast

2: Helm - machine

3. either Zata for shutting down Crosby or Maltby for playing lights out all game.

do you think my security settings are stopping the post game from showing up? I have a black screen, and nothing ever shows up... :unsure:

Is your Flash updated? You may need to update to Adobe Flash Player 10. You can update it at Adobe's website.

Absolutely phenomenal effort by our 4th line tonight. I'm feelin' that lineup with Abdelkaeder, Malts and Leino. They looked great! :thumbup:

Crosby "slash" at the end was petty, he's just trying to get under the boys' skin since getting on the scoreboard didn't work out so well for him. Did anyone pay attention to if they were double-shifting him on the 4th line tonight? I know it felt like he was on the ice an awful lot, but I wasn't watching his partners out there.

I'm enjoying the way Babs is putting all that energy out there during game 1. Helm could skate circles around the entire Pens team and have 'em worn down by tomorrow night to let the top lines have their way with them. And I'm ALL for it.

And Pittsburgh really ought to know better about the boards. Is that what we're going to come down to blaming this loss on? The ******* BOARDS? Tell ya what... take away those two iffy goals, Ozzie gets his softie back - and Abs still scores on Fleury in the 3rd for a 1-0 game to match the series.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Funny, 4 of 7 are in Detroit and the back boards are going to be there every game. Looks like we're gonna win the series then :thumbup:

So...

1. We swing Octopi and it gets on the ice and somehow causes possible hazard for injury, so now you're going to be fined 10,000 if you do it...

2. We cheat on faceoffs.

3. We interfere constantly.

4. Our boards are too lively.

I give up...

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years...

Wow, the Pittsburgh/Washington series was that long ago?

*tosses a hat on the ice*

Way to go guys!

Helm rocked! Aardvark eater rocked! Z didn't score, but he neutralized Cindy. Fleury's butt was our 4th forward again (and his leg was getting into the act too). Ozzie... what can I say... awesome and he's still got his mojo going.

Just split the rest of the games, and it'll be happy dance time again!

Edited by Gizmo

Remember when Sean Avery did that to one of the opposing goaltenders during an intermission? Everyone wanted to execute him. Wonder what they'll say about Crosby's late slash...

Oh, duh. They won't say a ******* thing. Because he's the golden boy.

Thats what Im sayin!