• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

They did. He admitted that he gave him two-handed whack for mouthing off.

And then he went to the locker room and gave himself a two-handed whack just for the fun of it. :D

Edited by Pasha13

Ms_Hockey: Good questions, Darren! Let me start by saying that Crosby is an incredibly talented hockey player. He's fast, he's young, and he's skilled. He's also proving to be quite the leader for Pittsburgh. However, Detroit has such depth on their roster and such a wide range of abilities that I could easily see Crosby getting frustrated with how much he was being silenced by the Wings. Zetterberg is one of the best two-way forwards in the game.. and he was proving it with his skill and shutting Sidney down. The headshots were nothing more than pure frustration at not being able to play his own game. As far as Maltby is concerned, he's the type of player that likes to mix it up - and again, I think we saw Crosby's frustration showing through. He's only 21. I'll give him some time to figure out what an adult acts like before I judge him too harshly. :P

Darren: Well here's hoping those lurking Pens fans on this board see this response. Thanks a lot for doing this. Great win by the Red Wings tonight. Celebrate it today and then get over it for tomorrow - It's a brand new game. We'll send it back to Doc and Edzo.

for the wings to win the cup? yes the bounces are absolutely necessary. I am simply stating the obvious, even the more mature wings fans realize that they got all the breaks tonight, it is part of the game. You guys can whine about Sid all you want, but you are whining about someone else supposedly whining. Once again, show me something in the last 2 years where Sid has whined? He is suppose to talk to the refs, he is the team captain, that is his job. At least you aren't whining about the refs tonight, I am so sick of hearing that and some magical conspiracy with betman and the Illuminati on planet X using jedi mind tricks on the refs in a super secret conspiracy to give the Pens a cup. Can you guys get over that much at least and realize that the wings got lucky tonight? That is necessary to earn my respect. I am not here to call people names, just telling it like it is. Anyway, good luck in game 2.

Did you also notice that the Pens had very few second chances at shots on goal? Why do you think that is? Did you also notice that Crosby especially, and Malkin partly, were shadowed all night and had very few chances to do anything to help their team? Fleury played here last year throughout the series and two games this season. He should know all about the boards. And so should your players who never bothered to take advantage of them or much of anything else in the game.

So...

You gotta think that the longer the Pens aren't leading in a game, or if they find themselves down 2-0, or hell, even now at 1-0, that the pressure is all on THEM to do something. They got smacked around last year, and were expected, you know, with all of their experience from last year, to come in here and beat Detroit.

You have to think the pressure is going to be on the Pens now. We all know Detroit can handle anything. They've faced every adverse situation over the past several years and come out on time most of the time. The wings are the champs, and playing to repeat, but you have to think the pens have all of the pressure on their shoulders to do something, what with all the hype they're getting.

What do you guys think about that?

and I said show me an example where he whined in the last 2 years and you are firing blanks. So, one last time my friend, show or give a real life example of something concerning Sid's whining that puts him in a class by himself and earns him a whiner tag. Acknowledge what some other posters have come to realize that Sid is in a spotlight that he didn't ask for and you hang off his every word even if you don't like it. Hate him or make fun of the 21 year olds beard if you want, but calling him a whiner is just old. I am leaving for now, start a topic about Sid's whining if you want and Ill peak at it later. congrats on winning game 1 and good luck in game 2.

Dude, me and fellow posters have given you COUNTLESS examples in this game alone. He's known as the NHL's "whiner" for a reason. Scroll back and take a look. Whether it be because of a hit, a loss, hats on the ice, a curve on a stick, he proceeds to WHINE WHINE WHINE. I don't see how you can still deny it. Its like you saying, "the sky isn't blue" and when I point to the sky you say, "No, seriously, show me some real evidence or example of the sky being blue". :blink:

Dude, me and fellow posters have given you COUNTLESS examples in this game alone. He's known as the NHL's "whiner" for a reason. Scroll back and take a look. Whether it be because of a hit, a loss, hats on the ice, a curve on a stick, he proceeds to WHINE WHINE WHINE. I don't see how you can still deny it. Its like you saying, "the sky isn't blue" and when I point to the sky you say, "No, seriously, show me some real evidence or example of the sky being blue". :blink:

and I said show me an example where he whined in the last 2 years and you are firing blanks. So, one last time my friend, show or give a real life example of something concerning Sid's whining that puts him in a class by himself and earns him a whiner tag. Acknowledge what some other posters have come to realize that Sid is in a spotlight that he didn't ask for and you hang off his every word even if you don't like it. Hate him or make fun of the 21 year olds beard if you want, but calling him a whiner is just old. I am leaving for now, start a topic about Sid's whining if you want and Ill peak at it later. congrats on winning game 1 and good luck in game 2.

Well this is from February, a poll consisting of 193 current NHL players. ESPN

QUESTION 4: WHICH PLAYER COMPLAINS THE MOST ON THE ICE?

• TOP VOTE-GETTER: Sidney Crosby (52%).

• A simple Google search will tell you what some fans think of Sidney Crosby on the ice ("cry baby" is the most often-used G-rated word); but at various times in his short career, Crosby has been accused of complaining too much to officials about calls or non-calls and embellishing fouls to draw penalties. It was a subject that was heightened during last season's playoffs. Crosby has repeatedly denied being that kind of a player.

LMAO! That was the best reply to that! Freakin' hilarious s***! Honestly, how can you NOT see it!.........LMAO!

Good comback!

WINGS TOMORROW!!! I love it!

If things don't go well to start Game 2 I think they're going to get that "Oh no, not again..." feeling. Not getting a split would be a death sentence.

To be honest, I think they've already got that feeling, my friend.

I'm not sure the Pens can play any better than they did today. The wings kept on top of the big guns, and our depth beat their depth tonight. That's the jest of what happened.

Can you believe on the Pens HF board one fan said that Osgood isn't a good goalie and Malkin and Crosby need to play better? I mean seriously...

lol. They're just not used to being shut down, because THEY ARENT USED TO PLAYING AGAINST REAL DEFENSE!

Well this is from February, a poll consisting of 193 current NHL players. ESPN

QUESTION 4: WHICH PLAYER COMPLAINS THE MOST ON THE ICE?

• TOP VOTE-GETTER: Sidney Crosby (52%).

• A simple Google search will tell you what some fans think of Sidney Crosby on the ice ("cry baby" is the most often-used G-rated word); but at various times in his short career, Crosby has been accused of complaining too much to officials about calls or non-calls and embellishing fouls to draw penalties. It was a subject that was heightened during last season's playoffs. Crosby has repeatedly denied being that kind of a player.

Might as well throw this in as well:

Darren: Well here's hoping those lurking Pens fans on this board see this response. Thanks a lot for doing this. Great win by the Red Wings tonight. Celebrate it today and then get over it for tomorrow - It's a brand new game. We'll send it back to Doc and Edzo.

LOL.

Have I mentioned that we are way too cool for LGW sometimes?

So...

You gotta think that the longer the Pens aren't leading in a game, or if they find themselves down 2-0, or hell, even now at 1-0, that the pressure is all on THEM to do something. They got smacked around last year, and were expected, you know, with all of their experience from last year, to come in here and beat Detroit.

You have to think the pressure is going to be on the Pens now. We all know Detroit can handle anything. They've faced every adverse situation over the past several years and come out on time most of the time. The wings are the champs, and playing to repeat, but you have to think the pens have all of the pressure on their shoulders to do something, what with all the hype they're getting.

What do you guys think about that?

If Pittsburgh papers and forums are anything like ours, MAF is going to be feeling a s***load of pressure.

Can you imagine what we'd be saying if Oz had a game like that?

I was down at the game tonight and it was awesome. Not only did I get treated to a winning game, but I was also able to get Gordie Howe's autograph. He was in the suite next to me, along with Mickey Redmond and Jay Towers. Pretty good night. Go Wings!

Right now in Michigan the sky is black. But today is all white because of clouds, bad example, learned that Economics, damn normative statements.

If Pittsburgh papers and forums are anything like ours, MAF is going to be feeling a s***load of pressure.

Can you imagine what we'd be saying if Oz had a game like that?

"Good job, we'll get them next game?" :sly:

Right now in Michigan the sky is black. But today is all white because of clouds, bad example, learned that Economics, damn normative statements.

Ugh. I should have added in the day time and on a clear day :P.

Hank was 16-5 against Sid on faceoffs tonight. He basically shut Sid down the whole night, holding him to two shots and -1. Hank chipped in an assist and was +1. Hank didn't get a star today, but if he repeats this the rest of the way, the Pens are in a lot of trouble.