• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

They did. He admitted that he gave him two-handed whack for mouthing off.

Thanks. I finally caught up on that news. That's what happens when I watch the game and then come read and respond. ;)

To be honest, I think they've already got that feeling, my friend.

I'm not sure the Pens can play any better than they did today.

Actually this is very correct, how can the Pens continue to support the defense for all 4 lines. This is impossible no matter how long the series goes. The defense can only stifle 2 lines at a time on the Wings and guess what... most of the scoring is happening when the Pen's have their modest defense in the game.

This series will have a quick finish if Detroit stays healthy, the wat things are anyway. :)

Go Wings!

Nice win!

Pens played good, i will give them that but the 2nd period officiating was laughable. Ozzie still owned Malkin 1-on-1, AWESOME! Once we took the 3-1 lead it was just defensive hockey and we shut them down and limited their chances. Great game.

My brother is going for the Pens (he is a Buffalo fan... go figure) and i asked him if he liked Abdelkader's goal and he told me to go F*%K myself and i responded by saying, "Don't be an AbdelHater."

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the fact NBC pointed out that Cindy still lives in Mario's basement.

Maybe it's just me but I think the overrated face of the league should get his own place......after 4 years

Edited by Jersey Wing

Nice win!

Pens played good, i will give them that but the 2nd period officiating was laughable. Ozzie still owned Malkin 1-on-1, AWESOME! Once we took the 3-1 lead it was just defensive hockey and we shut them down and limited their chances. Great game.

My brother is going for the Pens (he is a Buffalo fan... go figure) and i asked him if he liked Abdelkader's goal and he told me to go F*%K myself and i responded by saying, "Don't be an AbdelHater."

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not gonna get on the refs for the way they called it today. I'll take this style of refing the rest of this series. I liked that they let the teams play and decide the game. I was absolutely positive they were gonna give Pit another power play at the end of the game, since they were down 2 goals, but they didn't.

I wonder why they don't have Mc Creary in at all for this series...or at least, I don't think they do. Last year they didn't, and he's one of the best.

Hank was 16-5 against Sid on faceoffs tonight. He basically shut Sid down the whole night, holding him to two shots and -1. Hank chipped in an assist and was +1. Hank didn't get a star today, but if he repeats this the rest of the way, the Pens are in a lot of trouble.

Another Conn Smyth-like performance. Sid must feel like he's wearing a Henrik jacket.

And then he went to the locker room and gave himself a two-handed whack just for the fun of it. :D

Why whack himself when every tv announcer, broadcaster and Pens fanboy is tripping over themselves to take a look at Crosby's nuts on their chin? I mean, seriously. When it's not Crosby or Malkin-vision we are watching and listening to... it's friggin Lemieux??!?! Are you kidding me? I do believe there was another team playing tonight, NBC... oh yeah, and they WON THE GAME.

Im not gonna get on the refs for the way they called it today. I'll take this style of refing the rest of this series. I liked that they let the teams play and decide the game. I was absolutely positive they were gonna give Pit another power play at the end of the game, since they were down 2 goals, but they didn't.

I wonder why they don't have Mc Creary in at all for this series...or at least, I don't think they do. Last year they didn't, and he's one of the best.

McCreary's in...he, Paul Devorski, Dennis Larue, and Marc Joannette are the final four.

I thought a PP was coming for them too but the fact that Malkin got a breakaway off a play that should have been a PP for us really upset me. When Hossa got hit by Orpik (Clean) but late (puck was long gone).......... no call, Hossa got wrapped up and no call just before or after that hit, another missed call. I really got into it in the 2nd i was going to Stone Cold Stunner someone. If it is 5on5 all the way through the Wings will own.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

Why whack himself when every tv announcer, broadcaster and Pens fanboy is tripping over themselves to take a look at Crosby's nuts on their chin? I mean, seriously. When it's not Crosby or Malkin-vision we are watching and listening to... it's friggin Lemieux??!?! Are you kidding me? I do believe there was another team playing tonight, NBC... oh yeah, and they WON THE GAME.

Didn't do too badly last year either.

I figured out how to enjoy this series. Hit the mute button on the tv, turn the radio on to Ken Kal and Paul Woods, sit back and watch the Pens go down like the Titanic. And there is a cold six of Warsteiner Dark (Pasha's favorite beer) in my fridge - can it get any better???

One down and three to go!

I figured out how to enjoy this series. Hit the mute button on the tv, turn the radio on to Ken Kal and Paul Woods, sit back and watch the Pens go down like the Titanic. And there is a cold six of Warsteiner Dark (Pasha's favorite beer) in my fridge - can it get any better???

One down and three to go!

If it wasn't for the delay, I'd seriously do the same thing.

I thought a PP was coming for them too but the fact that Malkin got a breakaway off a play that should have been a PP for us really upset me. When Hossa got hit by Orpik (Clean) but late (puck was long gone).......... no call, Hossa got wrapped up and no call just before or after that hit, another missed call. I really got into it in the 2nd i was going to Stone Cold Stunner someone. If it is 5on5 all the way through the Wings will own.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if we should have had calls there, I'll take PP's 2 to 1 or 2 to 2 any day. That means they let the teams decide the game. Besides, since our PK sucks, it's advantage red wings LOL.

My Wife and I just arrived home from the game. I have Pics once I upload them tonight and tomorrow along with video.

It was such a great time!!! Look for my thread, Ill get some pics up tonight for all to enjoy!!!

SIDE NOTE: There were alot of Pen fans at the joe tonight, and it felt great watching all of them cry in their 87 jerseys..

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention the best they could come up with for the intermission was interviews with the Penguins players about whether or not they've had the soup Evgeni's mom makes... :zzz:

Just back to the game. Man was the Joe loud. There were a lot of Pens fans there. Kind of suprised me how many. Ticket was worth every penny.

Seemed like it. Can you answer me this: Was I tripping or were the Pens fans booing when Howe and Lindsay got on the ice?

Even if we should have had calls there, I'll take PP's 2 to 1 or 2 to 2 any day. That means they let the teams decide the game. Besides, since our PK sucks, it's advantage red wings LOL.

+1

Ha,

Our PK definitely sucked tonight LOL!

Yep i'll take those trades too but you can understand why i felt we were getting jobbed in the 2nd.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

I LOVE the fact NBC pointed out that Cindy still lives in Mario's basement.

Maybe it's just me but I think the overrated face of the league should get his own place......after 4 years

Yeah, I can't believe that...dude, you're not in Rimouski anymore. You make $9 million per. You don't need a freaking billet.

There was about 6 LGW members that met up at the game tonight... it was amazing! It was worth the money!

Yeah it would be nice have some better coordination for LGW members to at least chat during an intermission. Oh well, if there is a game 5 I will be there.