• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Louisville

Only one reason to calm your nerves...

Rate this topic

Crosby and Malkin have already been firing on all cylinders, Penguins playing as good as they can possibly play getting to this point. Have yet to see team defense the likes of the Red Wings.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa, and Datysuk when healthy have not played near to potential, Red Wings playing depth hockey, getting production from every line and solid defense from every player. Have seen offensive threats the likes of Kane and Toews, and Perry and Getzlaf.

Unless Malkin and Crosby start canning hat-tricks each game, its unlikely they'll play any better than they already have been, they have been great. The Red Wings have gotten this far and haven't even shown their offensive trump cards.

Wings have handled the superior Western conference without their top offensive threats dominating. If the Penguins didn't have Crosby and Malkin producing, they wouldn't have made it pass the first round.

Time to step it up, fellas. GO WINGS!

Crosby and Malkin have already been firing on all cylinders, Penguins playing as good as they can possibly play getting to this point. Have yet to see team defense the likes of the Red Wings.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa, and Datysuk when healthy have not played near to potential, Red Wings playing depth hockey, getting production from every line and solid defense from every player. Have seen offensive threats the likes of Kane and Toews, and Perry and Getzlaf.

Unless Malkin and Crosby start canning hat-tricks each game, its unlikely they'll play any better than they already have been, they have been great. The Red Wings have gotten this far and haven't even shown their offensive trump cards.

Wings have handled the superior Western conference without their top offensive threats dominating. If the Penguins didn't have Crosby and Malkin producing, they wouldn't have made it pass the first round.

Time to step it up, fellas. GO WINGS!

That's about spot-on how I feel about it, but I'd like to add the matchup of Detroit's offense vs. Pittsburg's defence. To me, it's a mismatch and nobody seems to want to talk about it. To me, Eaton and Gill are about they're 2 best defensemen in their own zone, Eaton's nothing special (played for Nashville, you remember him prolly) and Gill's huge but he's just one man that could be made into a pylon from time to time. And be made to take stupid penalties from time to time.

Detroit's D has to keep the Pens big forwards locked down as best as possible, and Detroit's forwards need to take advantage of the Pens lack on the blue line, how I see it.

#1 Our defense has been stellar.

#2 Their stars have been playing great in the East. Their performance has nowhere to go but down. The Wings stars' have no where to go but up at the moment. Hopefully my theory holds true.

The Anaheim series has made us as tough as coffin nails and a better team. The Chicago series has proved we can play at an extremely fast pace. We were able to stop Nash and shut up a great crowd in Columbus.

The playoffs have been a great preparation for the Finals.

Edited by Wiser19

That's about spot-on how I feel about it, but I'd like to add the matchup of Detroit's offense vs. Pittsburg's defence. To me, it's a mismatch and nobody seems to want to talk about it. To me, Eaton and Gill are about they're 2 best defensemen in their own zone, Eaton's nothing special (played for Nashville, you remember him prolly) and Gill's huge but he's just one man that could be made into a pylon from time to time. And be made to take stupid penalties from time to time.

Detroit's D has to keep the Pens big forwards locked down as best as possible, and Detroit's forwards need to take advantage of the Pens lack on the blue line, how I see it.

Great point. Red Wings have offensive caliber similar to, maybe even more than the Capitals that took the Penguins to seven games.

Difference is that the Capitals have terrible team defense and unproven goaltending, while the Red Wings have the ability to neutralize even the best offensive threats, and a goaltender plenty capable of cleaning up whats left.

If the Red Wings defense can clear their crease, Red Wings make the Penguins offense look pedestrian.

Don't forget Scuderi has looked good so far as well. Not enough though IMO.

esteef

I'm with you. I don't see the Pens beating us 4 times.

It's pretty obvious that you can't beat the Wings with a run and gun type game. To beat the Wings you need to play a strong defensive game. You need to keep the Wings shooters to the outside and have outstanding goaltending. This is not the Pens style. They just don't have a shut down defense and Fluery has been mediocre. A .902 save percentage just isn't going to cut it.

The Wings lost 4 games in the playoffs and 2 of them were in OT. The other 2 were by 1 goal. They have not allowed more than 3 goals in regulation yet.

More than 50% of the Pens goals come from Malkin, Crosby and Guerin. Last year we shut down Malkin and Crosby. Ok they are more mature this year but we still have Z and Lids and we added a very good defensive player in Hossa.

Ok Lids is probably not 100% but since he was good to go yesterday, my guess is he's at least 90%. Big E is probably close to 100%. Pasha will be back in a couple of games and we have Mule for the first games that we didn't have him for last year.

I just don't get it. Some of the analysts are going gaga over Malkin and Crosby and ignoring the facts. They are picking the Pens because they are better than last year (offensively). It makes for a good Hollywood story but this isn't Hollywood.

Wings in 5.

Is this true? Maybe the league listened to the VS announcers after kronwall was ejected from a game for legally hitting havlat.

Yes...I read that Dave Jackson, Dan O'Halloran, Kevin Pollock, and Eric Furlatt have been dropped from the rotation after the Conference Finals...so it appears that at least for this season, we've been O'Halloran'd for the last time...but don't be surprised if we take a 2-0 series lead and they call him in for Game 3.

I'm calm because Helm has the rocket skates on, we have Mr Lidström on the blue line, and Ozzie in the net.

Oh, and Hossa can smell the Cup. He is now the Terminator.

He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until he has the Cup.

I'm tired of all of the talk about how the Pens have gained experience from last year. Sure, they have, but nothing compares to winning it all and knowing what it takes to get it.

I'm tired of all of the talk about how the Pens have gained experience from last year. Sure, they have, but nothing compares to winning it all and knowing what it takes to get it.

This is what I've been scratching my head about when listening to all the experts pick the Pens...they learned how to lose in 6 to Detroit... Sure they learned how tough it is, and how to win 2 games...but not 4...sheesh.

Sure... Lets have the media give all the attention to Pittsburgh. We were suppose to win lastyear and we did, now they are suppose to win, lets see how they play with all the pressure. Its a hell of alot different when you play with nothing to lose, but we'll see what they are made of! That is why the first 2 games are so important for us!!

GO WINGS!!

Crysby.

Wings will completely shut Crysby down. And he will get hit. Maybe even an ice nap, if he doesn't keep his head up. He will be covered so closely, he won't be able to reach for his mouth guard (when he sees Mule approaching).

He's so special they are naming a new penalty for him.

At least twice per game.

2 minutes for snivelling.

That's a lot of pp goals for the Wings.

We've all seen what Hossa can bring when he is skating hard every shift and trying his hardest. We have also seen what he can be like when he is just coasting through games (plenty of examples in these playoffs)

I fully expect Hossa to be a freaking machine out there tonight, just watch what he can do. He is going to be trying so hard, this is what he is here for, a cup, and no better than to beat his former team in the finals.

Who is going to shut Hossa down?? Gill?? Gonchar?? lol.