• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 babygorilla

babygorilla

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

I have been lucky enough to grow up in the a few minutes from Downtown Detroit, and have been a CBC viewer for the 26 years of my existence. Yet, for this series I am going to need a barf bag, and a mute button because of the Sid talk. NBC does it as well, but CBC will be on in my home. Which do you prefer?

#2 grindlinelove

grindlinelove

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

If we could get CBC in Grand Rapids, that's what would be on. Instead, I'm stuck with Nothing But Crosby. Ugh, at least I can mute it and put Ken Kal on.

#3 swordfish

swordfish

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

NBC. CBC used to be very high on Detroit when Yzerman was captain, but the bias Cherry has against Europeans is really too much to take CBC seriously.

#4 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

im on nbc HD only cause cbc has no HD for me at the moment.

i just watch the game and only hear the sounds i want to. if that makes any sense

sig by saran,Thanks

#5 Wings = Stanley

Wings = Stanley

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

I watch NBC beacause i get it in HD. As for Sid the kid, you could probably hear about him on food network. I respect his talent, but i'm so sick of the hype. Time for our Wings to shut em' up.

#6 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

God, if I had the choice I would take CBC any day, but I don't. Hard to believe they aren't in HD though.

#7 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (grindlinelove @ May 30, 2009 - 08:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we could get CBC in Grand Rapids, that's what would be on. Instead, I'm stuck with Nothing But Crosby. Ugh, at least I can mute it and put Ken Kal on.

You too??? That's the exact same plan for me.

Posted Image

#8 taxijim

taxijim

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

I disagree with everybody......I guess growing up in Canada CBC has given me nausea thru the years....I found in last years cup finals there was strong favourtism for the Pens ( led by Don Cherry & Ron McClaen )...I actually prefer NBC or VS with Doc Emmerik who I find spices up the game & sometimes actually gets over excited....don't care for Eddy O but enjoyed it when you could actually feel the pain in his voice everytime the Wings scored on the Hawks!!!

#9 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

I watch CBC for the pregame festivities during the Finals because they generally show more of the stuff on the ice than NBC (who lets McGuire yap for 15 minutes). However, I do watch the actual game on NBC because it is in HD and I really like Doc Emrick.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#10 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

CBC but if I had my way TSN would do it. But at least this round wont be the west coast guys.

#11 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

I have one TV on CBC and the other NBC HD with mute. cool.gif

CBC just knows how to work the camera, when a scrum happens they don't put graphics up covering the screen like NBC and VS does and talk about a players stats or just cut away to commercial instead of not showing a reply of a big save.

FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

NBC...

i cant stand cbc's announcers. they make me wanna puke. maybe being canadian i should watch cbc, but meh...whatever.

also, i like on nbc when a team is on the PP, they have the behind the net camera angle. i like that.

i only turn it to cbc on saturdays between periods to watch coaches corner (coaches room for you ovechkin fans) and to watch the hotstove...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#13 Ozzy318

Ozzy318

Professional bear wrestler

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

NBC, because directv doesn't have the CBC...

#14 HankZetty

HankZetty

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (deeznutz @ May 30, 2009 - 11:16AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NBC...

i cant stand cbc's announcers. they make me wanna puke. maybe being canadian i should watch cbc, but meh...whatever.

also, i like on nbc when a team is on the PP, they have the behind the net camera angle. i like that.

i only turn it to cbc on saturdays between periods to watch coaches corner (coaches room for you ovechkin fans) and to watch the hotstove...

NBC sucks. And the behind the net camera angle is the worst angle in the world. It always makes me mad when they show that angle. You can't see the whole ice...you have no idea what is going on on the other side of the ring. It's horrible.

#15 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (HankZetty @ May 30, 2009 - 10:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NBC sucks. And the behind the net camera angle is the worst angle in the world. It always makes me mad when they show that angle. You can't see the whole ice...you have no idea what is going on on the other side of the ring. It's horrible.

personal preference i guess. i think it's kinda cool. but i also had a good laugh at FOX with the puck trail and the fighting robots. i have the luxury of cbc and nbc to switch back and forth to, and nhl on the fly often... i guess i see your point, but that particular camera angle usually shows atleast most of the offensive zone and just pans back and forth to the puck carrier. it looks cool on the big widescreen LG

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#16 Vilmer

Vilmer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

CBC, although I'm not a big fan of Jim Hughson and his blatant Vancouver manlove.

#17 HankZetty

HankZetty

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Laser Puck.....hahahahaha
God that brings back some memories.

#18 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

I don't get CBC, so I'm stuck with NBC.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#19 blikst

blikst

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Definately CBC if I have a choice.

#20 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (HankZetty @ May 30, 2009 - 10:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laser Puck.....hahahahaha
God that brings back some memories.

lol...yup
i turn it on in NHL 09 all the time just for a good laugh.
and then everytime i play the penguins i unleash the lazer show on MAF and win 20-0

fox should get hockey again. none of that espn poop they're talking about