• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

CBC, or NBC.

Rate this topic

CBC, please and thank you; they've been doing it non-stop since 1952. NBC picks up the first two games, then bails until Game 5? That is no way to promote the game in the US. Besides, another bonus: no commercials for "The Tonight Show with..."

Bad news, for CBC fans like us, is Bob Cole is not calling the Finals this year. I get that he's old and he's a bit behind the play sometimes, misses things, and on and on. But that guy's voice was made for calling games. He gets it, the excitement in the building and in the game. He doesn't beat us over the head with what the match-ups are and what the mood is on the bench (/takingshotsatPierre), and he's not some over-the-top cartoon like his replacement, Jim Hughson.

CBC. I just mute it when it becomes Cherry Blowing Crosby. Can't stand NBC during the game. At least I don't have to really deal with Cherry until the intermissions.

Edited by Nero

If Jim Hughson was announcing this round on the CBC I would watch it. I get both NBC and CBC in HD.

No Hughson means I am watching on NBC.

As an added bonus there is no Don Cherry on NBC.

NBC's sound and picture are way better then CBC. But NBC treats there audience as if they have never seen hockey before, so its always a tough choice.

CBC is too cheap. Couldn't even afford to put a couple games in HD, and had to be bailed out by a local business man.

I hope the NHL leaves CBC and TSN takes over, all cbc has is grapes, other then that i hate all the people they have.

If Jim Hughson was announcing this round on the CBC I would watch it. I get both NBC and CBC in HD.

No Hughson means I am watching on NBC.

As an added bonus there is no Don Cherry on NBC.

Uh, Hughson IS announcing the finals.

Anyone know if the game will be streamed online anywhere? I need to let some Wings fans know who don't have tv access this weekend....

i beleive that you can watch a live CBC feed.. wife watches it at work

Bad news, for CBC fans like us, is Bob Cole is not calling the Finals this year. I get that he's old and he's a bit behind the play sometimes, misses things, and on and on. But that guy's voice was made for calling games. He gets it, the excitement in the building and in the game. He doesn't beat us over the head with what the match-ups are and what the mood is on the bench (/takingshotsatPierre), and he's not some over-the-top cartoon like his replacement, Jim Hughson.

Any CBC>NBC.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

aww

while its heartbreaking that bob cole isnt commentating...its also great..

i LOVE jim hughston!

i hope he continues to do the nhl games in the future :)

who will be along side him? craig simpson? or greg millen?

Don't get a choice of NBC/CBC here in Britain, we just have to put up with whatever we get!! Has been a mix of NBC/CBC/TSN/VERSUS for the last two rounds but it is CBC for game one tonight.

So much for the supposed CBC/Crosby lovefest as Don Cherry pics the Red Wings to win in 6!!!