• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jake Ryan

The Next Letter Wearing Red Wing

Rate this topic

Obviously, Zetterberg gets the "C"

Datsyuk is one "A"

I think either Kronwall, Filppula or Franzen gets the other "A", in that order.

Also, look for Ericsson or Helm to letter in a few years.

Zetterberg - C

Datsyuk - A

Helm - A

The fans LOVE this guy. The officials even love this guy. They never call a penalty on the kid. Give him the "A".

Give Holmstrom the C. :ph34r:

No but really, I think it's more likely a vetran guy like Rafalski or Kronwall gets the 2nd A but you never know who leads in the locker room and what not.

Zetterberg - C

Datsyuk - A

Helm - A

The fans LOVE this guy. The officials even love this guy. They never call a penalty on the kid. Give him the "A".

Seriously? We're gonna start this thread NOW?

What's wrong with NOW?

Eh. Just doesn't seem quite right to talk about who's gonna be replacing Nick's letter in the middle of the SCF's where he's the captain. I think this thread belongs in the offseason.

I think it's appropriate for your letters to be long-term players, guys who will be here the entirety of their careers. I won't speculate who will get what because there's no indication that Nick is going anywhere right now. That said, I think the players who choose to spend their whole careers here and in the process take less money than they could get elsewhere because they have a true love for this franchise, should get rewarded with leadership roles. Because that to me shows true character.

I'm not making fun of him. I'm just saying that he's Parking Lot Boy. There isn't another fan on here who gets in parking lot brawls. How's the thumb, PLB?

Alright. How'sabout we keep the discussion on track here...

Assuming no Lids or Draper, I'll vote for Cleary. Not a Wings lifer, but a definite character guy who knows the price you have to pay because he's been on both sides of it. Don't rule out Hossa if we re-sign him, he's completely bought into the Red Wings Way, IMO.

I freaking love Helm and he could be a candidate if we're not making this call for a couple years, but it's a tad premature now.

I'm sorry, but LOL @ Helm being the next alt. captain. He's an awesome player, but you're not going to give someone the A just because the fans like them.

The firsty reply is the best one. I would say Kronner/Rafski.

Edited by Z and D for the C