• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Zetterberg

Rate this topic

Zetterberg could be classified as a "Utility Superstar" - meaning he does all the little things that make him a big star player

He is rarely a minus player.

He's dominant on faceoffs.

He can be a scorer and a playmaker.

His "attention to detail" in the defensive zone is as good as it gets.

Maybe the most important part he plays is shutting down the best players in the game, holding them pointless all the while making his mark on the scoreboard himself.

Sure am glad this guys a Wing for life!

Tonights game just made this point even clearer...

Hank

2 SOG, 22:48 TOI, 15 FOW, 5 FOL, 1 assist, +1

Cindy

2 SOG, 22:35 TOI, 6 FOW, 14 FOL, 0 pts, -1

Game 1 goes to Zetterberg

Go Nuts...

I can not wait till we get Dats back who will make Malkin as invisible as Crosby was tonight.

Did you notice Mike Milbury say that Zetterberg isn't a great skater tonight during intermission? HA HA HA HA HA The guy is one of the best freaking skaters in the league. The Wings have 2 guys in Zetterberg and Hossa that are almost impossible to get off the puck. They are like magnets to pucks. It's fun to watch Z and Hoss play d superbly and then turn on a dime and start weaving in the offensive zone. Clearly different mold of player than Crosbitch and Malkin.

I can not wait till we get Dats back who will make Malkin as invisible as Crosby was tonight.

stole the text right off my fingers!!!

crosby who? malkin who??

lol...good point! though hossa and fillpula made malkin invisible enough. all he got was 1 assist that was pure luck cuz ozzy couldn't find the puck...ozzy's only flaw this game, good show by him.

2 man shows are easily handled by the wings!

I have said this to my dumb ass Penns fan friend at work and he doesn't get it. I would never trade Hank for Crosby, not in a million years.

Edited by Stiffy

While I hate Crosby as much as the next person, I don't really think its fair to compare to compare these to players, given their age. And yes I do think age is a big enough factor, I mean just look at Yzerman's play from his early 20's, to mid-to late 20's.

What I love about Hank's performance tonight is that he frustratd and pissed off Crosby and it really showed in his little tantrums. There was one point where Ozzie was off to the side of the net and Crosby was in front of the empty part with the puck right in front of him, and he went after Hank instead. I love it.

Did you notice Mike Milbury say that Zetterberg isn't a great skater tonight during intermission? HA HA HA HA HA The guy is one of the best freaking skaters in the league. The Wings have 2 guys in Zetterberg and Hossa that are almost impossible to get off the puck. They are like magnets to pucks. It's fun to watch Z and Hoss play d superbly and then turn on a dime and start weaving in the offensive zone. Clearly different mold of player than Crosbitch and Malkin.

I heard the same comment, was during the 2nd intermission. Funny cause right when the 3rd period started Zetterberg made a great move on the back check to force a turnover...

Hank scared me a bit tonight. He lost some important battles on the boards. I still can't believe the Pens didn't get a penalty shot when he grabbed the puck and slightly pushed it off Ozzie's back. Defense was sound as usual.

As usual, all of the officials were in wrong/bad positions.

Hank is the most clutch guy ever to have out there towards the end of the game when the other has pulled their goalie and is pushing for a goal.

He was fantastic tonight in all aspects of the game.

While I hate Crosby as much as the next person, I don't really think its fair to compare to compare these to players, given their age. And yes I do think age is a big enough factor, I mean just look at Yzerman's play from his early 20's, to mid-to late 20's.

Whos comparing them? According to the media, Zetterberg can't hold a candle to Crosby.

I told my husband he's been officially replaced :lol:

Hank has been the MAN these playoffs! I freakin' love his work ethic down low and his defensive play has been absolutely phenomenal.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />