• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sal33n

Crosby and Malkin... who are they?

Rate this topic

Can all you f**ktards (NBC, Bettman, Pens fans) who kiss these two on the ass now realize how all they are is hype?? THEY BROUGHT NOTHING!!!!! I repeat, NOTHING!!!! All I see out of Crosby is a decent backhand. I wonder how he practices his backhand??? ;)

They were shut down and we didn't even play that great! Give me Pavel any day over either of them! Even when he isn't scoring he is dazzling the other team with his puck handling skills, forechecking, backchecking and all around play.

Way to go Wings! (and hurry back Datsuk!!!!)

The best chance of success they can have against us is on the PP, where we can't play our defensive strategy against them.

That's exactly how Anaheim's top line did most of their scoring against us.

5 on 5, Crosby and Malkin are going to be owned by Lidstrom, Rafalski and Hank.

Are you blind? The Wings shut down all superstars... not just Crosby and Malkin. They're both solid, hard-working players, but it's hard to look exceptional when you're playing the wings.

Edited by cirov19

It's dangerous to count them out after 1 game.

But so far the Penguins have not played a team with as good as defensive corps as the Wings.

exactly.. lets enjoy the win and not get too cocky. Long way to go yet. Lets not piss off the hockey gods by getting cocky ...k?

go wings!!!

True Crosby looked very average and Malkin did not do much...but this was just one game, lets not get carried away. We got lucky quite a few times, Pitt just wasn't getting the bounces tonight. I do think Zetterberg will outplay Crosby again this series, but don't expect him to be silent this whole series.

I think its a little too early to be posting this. One game does not a series make... or something like that.

The series is already over.

I recommend that you don't watch games 2 and 3, and tune in late for game 4 to see the Cup celebration. You don't want to miss that.

The series is already over.

I recommend that you don't watch games 2 and 3, and tune in late for game 4 to see the Cup celebration. You don't want to miss that.

As much as I would like to believe that, I can't imagine the Wings winning both game in Pittsburgh.

Are you blind? The Wings shut down all superstars... not just Crosby and Malkin. They're both solid, hard-working players, but it's hard to look exceptional when you're playing the wings.

Not blind at all. They are hard working players, yes... but so are Toews and Kane who were supposed to skate rings around us and were also shut out basically the whole series. Your point is the same as mine; superstars don't shine when you play against a superteam. Hockey is a team sport. When you gel you can shut down anyone.

Edited by Sal33n

It's dangerous to count them out after 1 game.

But so far the Penguins have not played a team with as good as defensive corps as the Wings.

I am not counting them out. It's gonna be a hard working series. I just get so sick of the hype, expecting to see the wonder twins activate their powers. Maybe it's just the eastern conference making them look good :)

We can't expect to keep them to 1 point or less in every game, but as long as we don't let them DOMINATE then we have a very good chance of winning this series.

Z is obviously doing a MASTODONIC job at containing Crosby. If we can just get Datsyuk in there to take care of Malkin, and then have Fil out there when they're double-shifting Sid/Geno.. they'll have a tough time. When the series swings to Pittsburgh they'll be able to get away from our preferred matchups a bit and that will help them.

I'm not counting Sid and Malkin out, but atleast we saw tonight that the two of them aren't that much different from last year.

Can all you f**ktards (NBC, Bettman, Pens fans) who kiss these two on the ass now realize how all they are is hype?? THEY BROUGHT NOTHING!!!!! I repeat, NOTHING!!!! All I see out of Crosby is a decent backhand. I wonder how he practices his backhand??? ;)

They were shut down and we didn't even play that great! Give me Pavel any day over either of them! Even when he isn't scoring he is dazzling the other team with his puck handling skills, forechecking, backchecking and all around play.

Way to go Wings! (and hurry back Datsuk!!!!)

In the west, they'd be much more exposed by the solid defense that teams bring. Either that, or those two would be come much better players. Probably both would occur.

The east doesn't have powerhouse defense. I don't know why Pens fans think otherwise. Most of their issues and discussions going on their boards (from my lurking in) are the same crap we heard last year..."Sid and Malkin need to step up, we need to play better defensively, etc".

The Pens haven't run into a powerhouse offensive team as well as powerhouse defensive team yet. Detroit is a COMPLETE team. They won't get rattled no matter what. When the wings have breakdowns, they recover and usually find a way to come out on top.

You don't win 4 cups in 11 years and be favored in the other 7 years to win the cup, just on a whim...

Edited by Firehawk

I think its a little too early to be posting this. One game does not a series make... or something like that.

I am not saying that we have this in hand or anything like that. My point simply is that with all the hype around these two that they were made to look like your average joe hockey player out there tonight and we didn't even play up to where we should be. They have had a stellar cup run with 56 points between them then bam, the Wings shut them down. So did they both just happen to have a bad game on the same night or is it that the Wings know how to handle these so called super stars? I think the latter.

Crosby and Malkin are both excellent hockey players. The Wings just have a remarkable ability of shutting star players down. Doesn't mean C & M are all hype.. it just means Detroit is good at silencing them.

6 or 7 Penguins Power Plays in Game 2 could make short work of this thread.

Funny, in most series it would be detrimental to the Wings if the refs put the whistles away.

"I'll take 5 on 5 hockey for 200 Alex!!!!"

Short work? Not really. You are expected to score when you have a man advantage. Scoring on a PP is great and all but it doesn't show you are a superstar when you have the advantage.

Crosby and Malkin are both excellent hockey players. The Wings just have a remarkable ability of shutting star players down. Doesn't mean C & M are all hype.. it just means Detroit is good at silencing them.

Well then I am glad we have a great team with great players and depth rather than a good team with 2 superstars and no depth.

Well then I am glad we have a great team with great players and depth rather than a good team with 2 superstars and no depth.

I'm with you there. I often get called a homer for thinking the Penguins are a two man show.. but watching them through three separate series, I really believe that's true. Most of their goals either come from them or are assisted by them. When their team is down a man, one of those two is double-shifted. When there's a 4-on-4, they're both out there together.

The Pittsburgh Penguins are Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and on really good days: Staal.