• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby Postgame

Rate this topic

Crosby is a great hockey player, but he's a real idiot when it comes to composure out on the ice.

With the hadn over the puck comment, he seemed honestly unsure of what the ruling is on that play. He wasn't complaining at all.

i love the pens fan whiners...they are as bad as Crosby...basically saying Maltby deserved it and he's a dirty player....

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...f=1&t=36666

Maltby is, and has always been, complete trash. He should have retired five years ago. Someone should put the final body check on him that leaves him sprawling all over the ice in pain, but Maltby is not even worth taking a two-minute minor penalty on.

it always amazes me how fans from other cities can have views so diametrically opposed to those ours. I guess the best answer to such whining, however, is: "He's trash with Four Stanley Cup Rings" :D

Yzerman and others were passionate when young, but to my knowledge they never whined. And, as fellow NHL players voted, Crosby is the biggest whiner in the league. And people don't want to follow a whiner who gets rattled so easily.

Toews never bitched and moaned like Crosby.

Yzerman never bitched or whined when the Wings were getting beat by those great Oiler teams in the Western Conference Finals back in 1987 and 1988.

I'm not exactly sure what the ruling is for penalty shots. I just remember a team we played getting a penalty shot because Lebda covered the puck on the ice with his glove. It may be different because the puck was on Ozzie's back rather than the ice, but I really don't know.

After watching his interview, he said he wasn't sure of what the ruling is either. But if it's illegal to cover the puck with your glove on the ice, I'd probably ask the ref if someone did that on the goalie's back as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure he called Malts "Kirk".

If any player other than the goalie covers the puck IN THE CREASE with his hand, it's a penalty shot.

Was he in the crease? hard to tell. did he cover the puck? hard to tell...

I don't really think it was that big of a deal. In watching that press conference, I must say that I'm less irritated by him than I was during his pressers last year. He repeatedly kept saying, "They're a great hockey team." Even the hand on the puck thing he said that he didn't know what the rule was in a situation like that. In terms of whacking Maltby, I think it just means that Malts is doing his job. He probably won't be able to get Crosby off his game by doing that, but maybe some of the others he will be able to. (like Gill the pylon). I wish Bylsma would give Gill about 28 minutes a game.

For what it is worth, here is the rule

67.4 Penalty Shot - If a player, except a goalkeeper, while play is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. See also Rule 63 – Delaying the Game.

The puck was not on the ice, it was on Ozzie's back. That is how I read the rule.

You know, most of my distaste for Crosby has come from watching his diving in early years and his terrible post game discussions last year.

IMO, I didn't mind this conference at all. In fact, I thought he "man up'd" so to speak. Very poignant and direct. If I was him, I probably would have chopped at Maltby as well, in fact the direct discussion without skirting the issue give me a new found quasi-admiration for him.

You guys are really harsh on this guy. For his age I think he handles this pretty well. Hes taken his team to the final two years in a row. Also let us be honest about Game 1. Fleury gave us 2 goals!

About tapping an opponent gently on the pads... who cares really?

You guys are really harsh on this guy. For his age I think he handles this pretty well. Hes taken his team to the final two years in a row. Also let us be honest about Game 1. Fleury gave us 2 goals!

It doesn't matter how hard he does it, it's still classless. He would have my respect if he acted like a mature individual but instead he chooses to whine to the refs and throw cheapshots (crosschecked zetterberg in the back of the head/neck area)

Ever hear of the word "intent"????

I fail to see what's wrong with his postgame comments. Some of you spend way too much time worrying about this guy.

To be honest, I wouldn't give 2 s****s about this guy if he was a regular everyday role player, but he has been deemed the "second coming" and the face of the NHL. To me, that leaves him open for criticism. Who here rags day in and day out about Gonchar or Kunitz? Noone, because these guys are secondary players.

To those of you who say "lay off Cindy", I say NO! I will always hate this guy for the things he has done on and off the ice and for the things we all know he will continue to do. When he implodes and does something really stupid, I'll be here waiting....

To be honest, I wouldn't give 2 s****s about this guy if he was a regular everyday role player, but he has been deemed the "second coming" and the face of the NHL. To me, that leaves him open for criticism. Who here rags day in and day out about Gonchar or Kunitz? Noone, because these guys are secondary players.

To those of you who say "lay off Cindy", I say NO! I will always hate this guy for the things he has done on and off the ice and for the things we all know he will continue to do. When he implodes and does something really stupid, I'll be here waiting....

I get that he's deemed the "second coming". I never said to not lay off of him. Despite him being the "second coming", that just doesn't bother me. He's the second coming, great, more power to him, I'm done with that and moving on to the next thing.

This happens in all sports with media hyping your superstars. NBA does it with Bryant and James, PGA with Tiger Woods, etc.

It takes a real tough guy to skate by the line at the end of the game and swing your stick at somebody. Isn't Crosby supposed to be more mature now? This kid is a joke.

I get that he's deemed the "second coming". I never said to not lay off of him. Despite him being the "second coming", that just doesn't bother me. He's the second coming, great, more power to him, I'm done with that and moving on to the next thing.

This happens in all sports with media hyping your superstars. NBA does it with Bryant and James, PGA with Tiger Woods, etc.

It's because he's annoying. Some people take it too far, but the few people who try and wonder why everyone "obsesses" over him need to realize that we don't obsess. We only discuss him when he's shoved in our face, whether it's whining at a press conference or commercials about his childhood. They're everywhere, and the NHL has chosen to make him the only relevant player in the league, so yeah, he's going to be the topic of discussion. And he's really annoying on top of all that.

I guess what really pisses me off the most is that I see players like Hank and Dats play their guts out every game and they are only given mediocre credit by the NHL. I was shocked to see Dats is nominated for the Hart and not Crosby. Not shocked because he doesn't deserve it, shocked that the NHL would bypass their "golden boy" and nominate Dats for his great play.

I love watching Tiger Woods play, I love watching Kobe put on clinics, I love watching Peyton Manning throw for a billion yards, but there is something about Cindy that doesn't fit.

Maybe it's me...........No, can't be.

I guess what really pisses me off the most is that I see players like Hank and Dats play their guts out every game and they are only given mediocre credit by the NHL. I was shocked to see Dats is nominated for the Hart and not Crosby. Not shocked because he doesn't deserve it, shocked that the NHL would bypass their "golden boy" and nominate Dats for his great play.

I love watching Tiger Woods play, I love watching Kobe put on clinics, I love watching Peyton Manning throw for a billion yards, but there is something about Cindy that doesn't fit.

Maybe it's me...........No, can't be.

This isn't entirely it, but I think it is just harder to identify with somebody not from the U.S./Canada due to lack of knowledge about European countries, languge barrier, whatever. It might not be fair, but I think there is some truth to that. That's why you don't hear about guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk more often. Ovechkin has broken that barrier to a large degree, but as a helluva player he is, he usually plays 2nd fiddle to Crosby in terms of pub. I think not being from North America has something to do with that.