• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby Postgame

Rate this topic

It's because he's annoying. Some people take it too far, but the few people who try and wonder why everyone "obsesses" over him need to realize that we don't obsess. We only discuss him when he's shoved in our face, whether it's whining at a press conference or commercials about his childhood. They're everywhere, and the NHL has chosen to make him the only relevant player in the league, so yeah, he's going to be the topic of discussion. And he's really annoying on top of all that.

He's going to be doing a lot of press conferences. If he did something like storm out of the conference early or shout at reports in frustration, I can understand disdain, but there was nothing even remotely close to controversial or wrong in the conference, or annoying. Don't see what the big deal is.

Very few teams can match the professionality or class of the red wings. Thats nothing new.

As long as they keep losing Sid can say anything he wants.

It just scares me how people can get so hung up on and hateful sometimes even if this thread isnt anywhere close to that.

It takes a real tough guy to skate by the line at the end of the game and swing your stick at somebody. Isn't Crosby supposed to be more mature now? This kid is a joke.

I'll start this off by saying that I am the biggest Crosby critic there is. I think he acts like a complete spoiled brat at times. However................

I've seen this happen numerous times (the tap at the end of the game) and if I'm not mistaken, Maltby has done it before. It's not a big deal. People are whining about this little tap more than they whined about Perry, Getzlaf, and Neidermayer ATTACKING the Wings AFTER a game was over.

In terms of the interview, he didn't say it should be a penalty shot. He said that Zetterberg (he wasn't even sure it was Z) covered the puck with his hand. Then he stated that he wasn't sure of the rule and that he'd never seen anything happen like that before.

People need to relax a little bit.

The pussifacation of hockey continues. For peeps to lose their minds over this is amazing. Embrace the fact that Maltby is in his head, even if it's only briefly. Maltby can take care of it on the ice hopefully. I give him props for being straight up about it.

They had to list blocked shots on his stat sheet to buff it up, I hope he stays frustrated.

You know, most of my distaste for Crosby has come from watching his diving in early years and his terrible post game discussions last year.

IMO, I didn't mind this conference at all. In fact, I thought he "man up'd" so to speak. Very poignant and direct. If I was him, I probably would have chopped at Maltby as well, in fact the direct discussion without skirting the issue give me a new found quasi-admiration for him.

I totally agree. I don't hate him, but he was a little prima donna last year and he's the media darling, I certainly wasn't watching looking to excuse him. But I thought at least on this press conference he said all the right things. I thought he'd spin the Maltby thing, but he was honest about what he did, agree or not. He got lip, he whacked his foot, it's what happened. He said he thought "someone" (Z) grabbed the puck on Ozzie's back, but he wasn't sure what the rule was or if there should be a penalty shot or not. He said the bounces could go either way, but gave the Wings credit. I just saw nothing in this to make him look bad.

I can only imagine the reaction on here if Crosby does something that really does warrant criticism. Yikes! That presser and very light tap was nothing to write home about. If anything it made almost like him a little bit.... or at least hate him a little less :hehe:

I'll start this off by saying that I am the biggest Crosby critic there is. I think he acts like a complete spoiled brat at times. However................

I've seen this happen numerous times (the tap at the end of the game) and if I'm not mistaken, Maltby has done it before. It's not a big deal. People are whining about this little tap more than they whined about Perry, Getzlaf, and Neidermayer ATTACKING the Wings AFTER a game was over.

In terms of the interview, he didn't say it should be a penalty shot. He said that Zetterberg (he wasn't even sure it was Z) covered the puck with his hand. Then he stated that he wasn't sure of the rule and that he'd never seen anything happen like that before.

People need to relax a little bit.

My point was that he's the captain of their team, this was a cheesy and pointless move that accomplished nothing. Considering how frequently I've heard this season that Crosby is a more mature player and supposedly doesn't cry anymore...this is more of the same post-game BS from last year.

My point was that he's the captain of their team, this was a cheesy and pointless move that accomplished nothing. Considering how frequently I've heard this season that Crosby is a more mature player and supposedly doesn't cry anymore...this is more of the same post-game BS from last year.

Reminded me of this:

Crosby, when you are doing things that Avery does, that doesn't help your case.

Edited by Doc Holiday