• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby Postgame

Rate this topic

Why is Cindy saying it should have been a penalty shot since Z put his hand on the puck sitting on Ozzy's back??? Is there some rule about that? Thought it was a freak thing that puck sitting on Ozzy like that!

Does anyone else remember in the midst of the Red Wings - Avalanche rivalry, there were still Wings fans and Avs fans willing to say that they respected Sakic and Yzerman, respectively?

Its because of this dumbass s*** that Crosby isn't heralded like those two were. You'd never catch Yzerman or Sakic whacking guys on the ice AFTER the game as they skated off.

Dammit does this really deserve its own thread? Why can't we focus on tomorrow's game?

Exactly, why discuss anything... what do you people think? This is a discussion board???

You all need to focus for tomorrow's game, because when fans focus, that is the deciding factor. The outcome of the game has nothing to do with what the player's do on the ice.

Exactly, why discuss anything... what do you people think? This is a discussion board???

You all need to focus for tomorrow's game, because when fans focus, that is the deciding factor. The outcome of the game has nothing to do with what the player's do on the ice.

Lmfao

I'm sorry, but a poor sport is not a good ambassador of the game. This guy would be respected so much more if he would just think these things instead of saying them.

I wonder if Yzerman or Lidstrom in their youth were like Crosby at all? I don't know because I wasn't even interested in hockey until 1995. The level of media coverage we have now is so much different than it was back then. Every small thing is noticed and recorded in HD and obviously analyzed like crazy.

We all know Lidstrom or Yzerman are great captains. They wouldn't pull anything like this now, but in their youth would they? Maybe. I have no idea. All I do know is that in time, Crosby won't be doing stuff like this. He will mature. Until then, he is just showing his frustration and he has a reason to show it. They had their chances and just could not convert.

I wonder if Yzerman or Lidstrom in their youth were like Crosby at all? I don't know because I wasn't even interested in hockey until 1995. The level of media coverage we have now is so much different than it was back then. Every small thing is noticed and recorded in HD and obviously analyzed like crazy.

We all know Lidstrom or Yzerman are great captains. They wouldn't pull anything like this now, but in their youth would they? Maybe. I have no idea. All I do know is that in time, Crosby won't be doing stuff like this. He will mature. Until then, he is just showing his frustration and he has a reason to show it. They had their chances and just could not convert.

As much as I dislike Crosby, objectively speaking, it was really unfair of Bettman and the NHL to dump their hopes on a kid that hadn't even played a game yet in the NHL and was deemed the saviour. Completely unfair. The league is in bed with him now, for better or worse, till death do they part. So, what do you expect I guess, eh?

wtf is he talking about ... he put his hand over the puck and he wanted a penalty shot? whatever KID...OMG I can't believe people aren't over this guy already. I wonder when the NHL is going to start giving run to the guys SHUTTING DOWN SKID THE KID?? WTF w/ this guy being the ambassador of hockey .... boooooo. He's a douchebag. Also.. did he call Maltby, Kurt? Eat s*** Crosby.

wtf is he talking about ... he put his hand over the puck and he wanted a penalty shot? whatever KID...OMG I can't believe people aren't over this guy already. I wonder when the NHL is going to start giving run to the guys SHUTTING DOWN SKID THE KID?? WTF w/ this guy being the ambassador of hockey .... boooooo. He's a douchebag. Also.. did he call Maltby, Kurt? Eat s*** Crosby.

I'm not exactly sure what the ruling is for penalty shots. I just remember a team we played getting a penalty shot because Lebda covered the puck on the ice with his glove. It may be different because the puck was on Ozzie's back rather than the ice, but I really don't know.

After watching his interview, he said he wasn't sure of what the ruling is either. But if it's illegal to cover the puck with your glove on the ice, I'd probably ask the ref if someone did that on the goalie's back as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure he called Malts "Kirk".

I wonder if Yzerman or Lidstrom in their youth were like Crosby at all?

I have no idea. All I do know is that in time, Crosby won't be doing stuff like this. He will mature. Until then, he is just showing his frustration and he has a reason to show it. They had their chances and just could not convert.

Lidstrom I can say no definitely, the guy could run a school of etiquette. Yzerman perhaps here and there early in his career, but the game was very different then and I was just a kid in the 80's so my memory may not be spot on.

The problem is that you're exactly right, Crosby isn't mature enough for the monster commitment and responsibility Bettman has laid on his shoulders.

And the point should also be made that neither Lids nor Stevie were smashed with this much responsibility in the dawn of their careers, certainly much was expected of them, but they weren't to be found anywhere the NHL logo could be spotted like Crosby is. Certainly they were recognized as world class talents but they really only became league sellers after they showed everyone Detroit could win back in the mid to late 90's. Crosby on the other hand got the privilege of being league salesman in the infancy of his career on a team that's proven nothing, so if the pressure he feels seems a bit much at times I couldn't blame him for a nanosecond.

Not even close. Yzerman was always class and sportmanship. Lids too. They would have NEVER whined about anything like this. Not even close.

Why is Cindy saying it should have been a penalty shot since Z put his hand on the puck sitting on Ozzy's back??? Is there some rule about that? Thought it was a freak thing that puck sitting on Ozzy like that!

If you are the defensive player and you cover the puck in the crease, it is an automatic penality shot. I think the wings got away with this one. But like he said there may be some grey area if the puck is sitting on the goalies back in the crease. IDK either? If it was the other way around I would of been screaming for a penalty shot.