• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 2 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

This sucks. NBC is horrible. I know it's been said before, but let's just list a efw of the crap:

1) The Wings "more often than not" resort to interference, which (this is inferred) is why they win all the time.

2) The Pens are just tired, that's the only reason the Wings won. Nevermind that the Wings were the "old" team who was supposed to be tired and be hurt by these back-to-backs.

3) The Pens just didn't get lucky like the Wings did.

4) The Pens were "tired" on the...second goal. The one right off a faceoff. That play developed so fast a fully rested team wouldn't have had time to react enough to stop that goal. Tired had nothing to do with it.

5) This one is a doozy. Being down 2-0, the Pens are NOT in any trouble. NBC made sure to repeat this, despite that record of teams who win th efirst two in the finals winning 38 series, losing only one series. That's right. Only one team has ever won a series after being down 2-0, but the Pens aren't in trouble until they lose on home ice.

Gag me. I think I'm going to switch to CBC, despite it being a little blurrier on my TV.

If I had CBC, I would watch it there.

However, I guess I just don't have a problem with Versus or NBC announcers.

If it was up to me though, I would have the home announcers do the work for national TV. So we would have Mick and Ken for our home games and the Pens announcers for their home games. I have no problems with that, but I think the Wings fans here would be pissy even with that arrangement.

TSN just reported Malkin will be playing the next game...

That didn't take long to cheat the Wings out of an advantage lol.

Poor Bettman, his plot to give the Pens home ice advantage backfired, and now the Pens have to win 4 of 5...

Ohhhh poor bettman...

I hope he does. I don't want the Pens fans to cop out. I want the Wings to play the Pens at full strength. No excuses.

At first I thought your message said, "Can I piss on my prize?" To which I would've replied, no, why would you grace them with that?

2 more wins and we're all be taking golden showers!! :rolleyes:

I hope he does. I don't want the Pens fans to cop out. I want the Wings to play the Pens at full strength. No excuses.

Frankly I could care less about whether they are at full strength or not. Nobody remembers the circumstances. Just give us the cup and I'm happy.

Dont' forget, we're playing without our top forward.

To those certain group of Pens fans out there, if you're going to embarrass yourselves, please do it on your own forum. Let the other rational minded Pens fans who just want to talk hockey do so without any unnecessary distractions.

Not surprised, but is that TSN the TV network on Sportcentre, or TSN.ca cause I cannot find that on TSN.ca

The TV network, Bob McKenzie just reported it on the panel...also said he didn't think Hossa should've gotten a penalty on the Filpulla goal, like many people he should have.

Wow, fastest review EVAR, I guess. Way to phone one in, Campbell. You could have at least TRIED to give the rest of the world the impression there are actual rules.

If I had CBC, I would watch it there.

However, I guess I just don't have a problem with Versus or NBC announcers.

If it was up to me though, I would have the home announcers do the work for national TV. So we would have Mick and Ken for our home games and the Pens announcers for their home games. I have no problems with that, but I think the Wings fans here would be pissy even with that arrangement.

I'm not one of those fans who rants and raves about bias. I mean, yeah, clearly they push Crosby and the Pens a little too hard. But it's beyond debatable the ignorance on NBC. I mean, in general their hockey coverage sucks, but I've had it with them not necessarily because it was pro-Penguins but just plain wrong and ignorant. All the time.

I don't know how TSN can report he'll play when the NHL wouldn't meet until tommorow to make a decision on the matter.

NHL executives ( Iguess) met right after the incident and reviewed it, both teams have already been notified.

Ironic since we are not at full strength...yet a wings team missing their best faceoff man and their MVP nominee is winning due to "lucky bounces"

Nope its 100% depth. Does anyone realistically think the Pens would perform as well as Detroit is now if Malkin or Crosby was out...nope...but even with Datsyuk out we have a 2-0 series lead.

Ironic since we are not at full strength...yet a wings team missing their best faceoff man and their MVP nominee is winning due to "lucky bounces"

Nope its 100% depth. Does anyone realistically think the Pens would perform as well as Detroit is now if Malkin or Crosby was out...nope...but even with Datsyuk out we have a 2-0 series lead.

I've been saying that a lot, but their dumb ass funs are just too embarassed to admit that they can't beat us without our best player.

BTW, what's with this reporter asking the same damn question to every player at the press conference?

On the Pens boards they're saying, in general, that they're the better team and that we are cheating with all the interferences (i wish NBC wouldn't have said that on ******* national television, especially when every ******* team does it constantly).

Ridiculous.

1 power play per team, so special teams were not the reason for the game. It was a 5 on 5 game. If the Pens can't put more than 1 goal on the board in 60 minutes for 2 nights in a row, then you know what, go f*** yourselves, because you have nobody to blame but yourselves. Oh yeah, and by the way, blame your goalie. He's been softer than my fabric softener.