• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Big Rig says Pens tried to spear his stomach

Rate this topic

I got some spearings in the first couple of shifts, there are pigs on every team.

It hurted before the game so I had to take a couple of shots (injections) in order to play.

It felt like the wound was going open when I moved, but the painkillers fixed it and i felt better the longer the game went.

I am going to play on painkillers tomorrow also

Translated quotes by me

what a warrior, and how dirty by the pens :ranting:

Guest mindfly

Way to go E! I bet datsyuk could use injections and painkillers as well but he doesnt want to

As much as i don't like it, its something you have to expect. I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty just part of the game. Any time you have a player who has a well publicized injury its going to be exploited.

As much as i don't like it, its something you have to expect. I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty just part of the game.

This is more dangerous then your average injury. He just had surgery in a sensitive place. Trying to cut a wound open like that could be life threatening.

Guest mindfly
I cannot for the life of me understand how you haven't been banned.

And you can't see the Irony on the internet, too bad for you.

This is more dangerous then your average injury. He just had surgery in a sensitive place. Trying to cut a wound open like that could be life threatening.

Well that was my initial thoughts but im assuming that if it were this serious he wouldn't be put out to play( But i guess i could be wrong there, im no medical expert :lol:). I'm sure babcock and co would know that shots would be taken. Again i hate it as much as the next wings fan but im not surprised that it has been happening.

Well that was my initial thoughts but im assuming that if it were this serious he wouldn't be put out to play( But i guess i could be wrong there, im no medical expert :lol:). I'm sure babcock and co would know that shots would be taken. Again i hate it as much as the next wings fan but im not surprised that it has been happening.

I'm not surprised the s***sburg diapers are exploiting his injury, but my question is why the hell did the Wings staff ever reveal what was wrong in the first place? I mean, why not just say he hurt his shoulder or something and that's why he was out? Wait....maybe there was no apendectomy and this is all a big cover-up for a different injury!

Before last night's game I was wondering if they hooked him up with any kind of protective dressing to cover any sore spots from his surgery because I expected everyone would be probably trying to poke and jab at him. Maybe there was no surgery....

As much as i don't like it, its something you have to expect. I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty just part of the game. Any time you have a player who has a well publicized injury its going to be exploited.

Right, that's why teams use upper and lower body injury, because they know when the player comes back he'll be targeted where he was injured. Naming half of the body in an injury means the opposing team needs to take the time to figure out where to hit him.

Also, I'm not surprised Big Rig was speared, this was the same team punching Franzen in the head after he came back from a concussion. They're a classy bunch there in Pittsburgh.

When Datsyuk comes back, he'll be hacked on the foot, and Draper will be speared in his groin.

Edited by Barrie

I'm not surprised the s***sburg diapers are exploiting his injury, but my question is why the hell did the Wings staff ever reveal what was wrong in the first place? I mean, why not just say he hurt his shoulder or something and that's why he was out? Wait....maybe there was no apendectomy and this is all a big cover-up for a different injury!

Before last night's game I was wondering if they hooked him up with any kind of protective dressing to cover any sore spots from his surgery because I expected everyone would be probably trying to poke and jab at him. Maybe there was no surgery....

haha its funny because my mum recently had the same surgery (about 3 weeks ago) and she still feels sore! Granted she is a fair bit older than big rig :lol:

So yea when i told her about this she was stunned!

I was also wondering why the hell the wings came out and said exactly what it was...strange call.

Watching Erickson early in the game, you could tell he didn't want to take brute force hits. He looked like he didn't want to get trapped on the boards and get hammered.

I'm sure the doctors put some type of extra stitching or whatever in there to make sure that wound didn't open on impact. If it were life threatening to put him out there when a hit could rupture that wound, I doubt he'd be in.

We need him. I swear to God he reminds me of Lidstrom. Does anyone else notice that? He is a pretty big body but he moves gracefully just like Lidstrom...almost effortless at times.

Maybe someone in the media found out.

Yea i guess its hard to hide the fact that a player is in a hospital having an operation. It's not like they did the operation internally (within the club) haha.

Edited by crotty99

Watching Erickson early in the game, you could tell he didn't want to take brute force hits. He looked like he didn't want to get trapped on the boards and get hammered.

I'm sure the doctors put some type of extra stitching or whatever in there to make sure that wound didn't open on impact. If it were life threatening to put him out there when a hit could rupture that wound, I doubt he'd be in.

We need him. I swear to God he reminds me of Lidstrom. Does anyone else notice that? He is a pretty big body but he moves gracefully just like Lidstrom...almost effortless at times.

Considering hes still a rookie and was called up to play in these kind of situations, I'd say we have another special swede on our hands :)

Unfortunately, being constantly negative and annoying isn't a bannable offense. Neither is stupidity.

No, but baiting everyone by in as many words, calling Datsyuk weak, is against the rules.

Honestly, this kid must have you mods in his back pocket or something. I don't get it. Meanwhile, guys like OsGOD get bans for going off-topic. Fair dinkum, you blokes.

I never really got this "part of the game" argument. Of course there's certain infractions that's very hard to call, and hence are "part of the game" in the literal sense, but they're still infractions. Especially when you clearly intend to injure (or re-injure) someone. I just don't see how these actions are justifiable just because you can get away with them, they're still dirty. Not to say cowardly.

I never really got this "part of the game" argument. Of course there's certain infractions that's very hard to call, and hence are "part of the game" in the literal sense, but they're still infractions. Especially when you clearly intend to injure (or re-injure) someone. I just don't see how these actions are justifiable just because you can get away with them, they're still dirty. Not to say cowardly.

Like you said certain infractions are hard to call, for example i didnt actually see any of the pens attacking the apendix area of Ericcson (maybe i wasnt looking hard enough) but if they were they were clearly doing it in a way that was not being picked up by the refs. ie little stick taps etc. This is what makes it part of the game. The fact that its not obvious will usually mean its not very serious usually just uncomforting. Obviously if a pen two handed Rig across the stomach area its not part of the game is just a dirty dirty cheap shot.

I don't really think little stick plays here and there are dirty since they are pretty much present in every single game. Unless like i said they are obvious and delivered with enough force to cause actual damage and not discomfort.

Regardless of all of this though its not something i would condone but its not something that surprises me.

No, but baiting everyone by in as many words, calling Datsyuk weak, is against the rules.

Honestly, this kid must have you mods in his back pocket or something. I don't get it. Meanwhile, guys like OsGOD get bans for going off-topic. Fair dinkum, you blokes.

His comment was one of ignorance, not of baiting. If you have a problem with the mod staff, take it to the PM's.

When/if mindfly breaks the rules, just like anyone else it'll be dealt with.