• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

swordfish

Too early to start the Osgood for Conn Smythe talk?

Rate this topic

Should Osgood get the Conn Smythe? I think he his playing like a guy who deserves it... who else would it be? Zetterberg? Franzen? Someone else?

I know there is lots of hockey left to be played (well, hopefully only 3 more games!) but I think Osgood should win the MVP so far.

Edited by swordfish

Ozzie is the only man that has made an impact in every single game. They're all playing well, but we never would have made it past Anaheim without Ozzie, which in my book makes him MVP. If we win, that is.

I think the general consensus gives osgood the top vote here but i think franzen is just as deserving.

It's too easy to forget the big goals he has scored - especially when no one else was getting it done against Anaheim. He's been very consistent and without him the wings would be golfing. That said though, I think it's Osgood's turn and with all the heat he took coming into the playoffs, the turn-around in his game warrants this kind of recognition.

Osgood and Franzen are definitely my top two for the Wings. Three more wins anything like the one yesterday will lock it in for Osgood, guaranteed. I'll say again though that if the Pens can push it to 7 games, even if they don't win, look for Crosby to get it. Malkin may deserve it at least as much, but let's face it, the winner is selected by the media. 'Nuff said.

If the Wings win, hell yes he should get it. He's been even better than last year imo, and he was one of the top candidates then.

Btw, does anyone know who votes for the Conn Smythe, and when? Do they decide like right after the series is decided?

we all know it's going to be crosby.

JK. I realy see Osgood as the Conn Smythe leader for the wings thus far. There have been great performances from ALL of our forwards this playoffs, but also each player has had a downtime too. Luckily our depth has allowed different guys to step up at different times and we have not suffered. Lidstrom might be the only other wing i'd consider for Conn Smythe, but with his missing two games i'm not sure anymore.

Btw, does anyone know who votes for the Conn Smythe, and when? Do they decide like right after the series is decided?

Hockey Writers Association, and yes, I believe they vote as soon as the series is decided.

Too early to talk about Conn Smythe, like where your head's at tho. Lets worry about the 3 wins the Wings need against a damn good opponent to get Stanley, then we'll worry about Smythe.

Osgood and Franzen are definitely my top two for the Wings. Three more wins anything like the one yesterday will lock it in for Osgood, guaranteed. I'll say again though that if the Pens can push it to 7 games, even if they don't win, look for Crosby to get it. Malkin may deserve it at least as much, but let's face it, the winner is selected by the media. 'Nuff said.

They are in my top three as well, but totally Lidstrom has to be #1. He's not only such a great D player himself but is such a great leader and then came through with some critical O against the Ducks. No offense to Ozzie and Franzen who are having great playoffs, but if we win the Cup and Nick doesn't win Conn Smythe, it's just a testament that when you're that good all the time people just start to take it for granted.

If we win, I think it's pretty safe to say he's a lock for it. Franzen's certainly number 2 followed by Lidstrom a bit in the distance. Z got it last year over Osgood because he had the points and he had outstanding defensive play. He was great all over the ice game in, game out. Franzen's scored some big goals for certain, but he hasn't had even close to a Z in '08 performance. That said, again, it's all Osgood this year if the Wings win.