• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cupcrazy

Pavel Datsyuk, Kris Draper remain out for game 2

Rate this topic

If it is a deep bone bruise in Pasha's foot, those things are a ***** to heal. They linger for quite a while and any weight you put on it or any pressure, or any kind of movement in a way it doesn't want to move, and you will feel it most intensely. Believe me.

Get well, sweetie - we miss you!

I miss Andreas as well...you never realize how valuable he is until we don't have him. I have seen a few situations over the playoffs where his shot blocking and size alone would have been so welcome and so valuable. Alas, the poor guy will not get a chance to play at all. How depressing.

As much as I hate to say it, I really think we've seen the last of Dats this season. For him to be out this long there has to be something seriously wrong with his foot. I'd love to get him back but the fill-ins have been great. If he's back, great, but if not our young guys have stepped up big time.

I have a member of the family who has been playing in the NHL for the approx 10 years and was the captain of a team for 2 of those years.

I spoke to him today about the wings and his gut feeling is that dats had a broken foot. He was telling me stories of the years that he played in the cup finals (WON 2 CUPS) and the lengths the team would go to hide such injuries from the media. His guess is that we wont see dats until atleast game 4 or 5 unless we get into dire trouble.

Good news now is that he has been watching both teams thru the playoffs and his beliefs are that detroit is too strong for pittsburg. He fully beleives that detroit will prevail!!

This is all just speculation from one man but i think he has a little more knowledge about this kinda stuff than the majority or us do. So here's hoping that he is wrong and right.. get it ??

I'm just wondering - who was the member of your family who played in the NHL?

If you don't mind my asking.

I guess this rules out my "ruse" theory. You don't miss two games of the SCF unless it's really serious.

I'm reluctant to say it's a broken foot. I don't think he'd be day-to-day with a broken foot. I'm thinking it could instead be a deep bruise, like Kira suggested, or maybe a minor fracture. I fractured the growth plate in my foot once and the recovery trajectory was totally erratic.

Semin was able to play on a broken foot in these playoffs right???

We will not see Dats for the rest of this year. And if we do, he will not be 100%.

It is sad that this, of all people, happens to Datsyuk. Probably the hardest working and nobody is in better shape than he is. That is how he is able to play so many games in the regular season year after year. Then a stupid unlucky shot to the foot twice takes him out of the Stanley Cup Finals.