Pens Boards, (merged)

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 DangleD13

DangleD13

All You Need Is Glove

• 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

So, I decided to take a quick look at the forums over on LetsGoPens.com, and before I get into this - I understand that every team is going to have biased fans, and its not uncommon, and so on and so forth.

I would suggest anyone looking for a laugh to take a look. You will find anything from "Osgood is the biggest cocky douchebag on the detroit team." to "We were victims of bouncing boards." And anything in between.

Again, I understand that we have the same kind of posts on here, but I couldn't believe how many I just saw.
"171st in the draft, 1st in the shootout order. Soft hads, hard shot. Life is full of paradoxes."

#2 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (DangleD13 @ May 31, 2009 - 03:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I decided to take a quick look at the forums over on LetsGoPens.com, and before I get into this - I understand that every team is going to have biased fans, and its not uncommon, and so on and so forth.

I would suggest anyone looking for a laugh to take a look. You will find anything from "Osgood is the biggest cocky douchebag on the detroit team." to "We were victims of bouncing boards." And anything in between.

Again, I understand that we have the same kind of posts on here, but I couldn't believe how many I just saw.

Someone called Ozzie a douchebag?... what af****** douchebag! As for the boards.. I mean s***.. everyone one knows those boards do that... the pens should remember from last year... whiners... wtf ever...

#3 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

What a joke of a site and its filled with 99% bandwagon fans.

GO WINGS

#4 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Link?

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#5 DangleD13

DangleD13

All You Need Is Glove

• 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Booster313 @ May 31, 2009 - 01:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link?

Its really not that hard to find..., but here it is anyways:

http://www.letsgopen...v...f=1&t=36692

http://www.letsgopen...v...f=1&t=36673
"171st in the draft, 1st in the shootout order. Soft hads, hard shot. Life is full of paradoxes."

#6 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

I wouldn't expect anything less from Pens fans.
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#7 flip

flip

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Their one goal was an absolute gift. There's nothing more to be said.

#8 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

letsgopens... really??? the originality is mind blowing....

#9 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

their board looks so welfare compared to this one.

Posted Image

#10 DangleD13

DangleD13

All You Need Is Glove

• 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Another one I really got a chuckle out of:

"Anyone that thinks Osgood played well is offbase. He gave up more rebounds than I've seen in a playoff game in years. His D bailed him out by clearing most of them, and he did have some nice first saves, but he was nothing special tonight. He got every possible bounce toight. The law of averages takes effect during a seven game series."

#11 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

It's actually kind of amusing that one person says Ozzie's a douchebag and the rest of them disagree. It's also really cool to see fans of another team appreciate Osgood for being damn good at his job. It really didn't seem to be as bad as the OP made it seem.. Although the fact that they find Babcock to be a douchebag is utterly hilarious.

#12 good morning

good morning

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

Ozzy is not cocky, he is defending himself against a legion of detractors...and he has a RIGHT to. I've never seen a goalie that good be so underrated.

#13 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (DangleD13 @ May 31, 2009 - 03:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its really not that hard to find..., but here it is anyways:

http://www.letsgopen...v...f=1&t=36692

This isn't new material. And there are posters on both those threads that are quite logical and realistic about what actually happened in the first game.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#14 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (DangleD13 @ May 31, 2009 - 04:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone should tell them to get it right. They weren't victims of bouncing boards, they were victims of Fleury's ass and leg.

#15 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

yeah and they said that Malkin's breakaway didnt count as a scoring chance for the pens.
Posted Image

#16 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Some of their fans are very reasonable and know hockey but it doesn't take long for their posts to get buried in the drivel.
The game day threads can be quite fun to read when things are blowing up for the Pens, last nights thread was a hoot. After Franzens goal you could cut the dread with a knife. laugh.gif

The 'lively boards' seems to be the culprit last night, we were lucky to win.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#17 RoninJai

RoninJai

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (hooon @ May 31, 2009 - 04:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah and they said that Malkin's breakaway didnt count as a scoring chance for the pens.

Cause it should have been a Wings power play. Right?

#18 RoninJai

RoninJai

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (softshoes @ May 31, 2009 - 04:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of their fans are very reasonable and know hockey but it doesn't take long for their posts to get buried in the drivel.
The game day threads can be quite fun to read when things are blowing up for the Pens, last nights thread was a hoot. After Franzens goal you could cut the dread with a knife. laugh.gif

The 'lively boards' seems to be the culprit last night, we were lucky to win.

The boards over there are almost manic-depressive.

#19 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

thats why i like reading only r own biased opinions.
i could really care less what they think or say.

sig by saran,Thanks

#20 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

Penguin fans give me a headache
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin