• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DangleD13

Pens Boards, (merged)

Rate this topic

So, I decided to take a quick look at the forums over on LetsGoPens.com, and before I get into this - I understand that every team is going to have biased fans, and its not uncommon, and so on and so forth.

I would suggest anyone looking for a laugh to take a look. You will find anything from "Osgood is the biggest cocky douchebag on the detroit team." to "We were victims of bouncing boards." And anything in between.

Again, I understand that we have the same kind of posts on here, but I couldn't believe how many I just saw.

So, I decided to take a quick look at the forums over on LetsGoPens.com, and before I get into this - I understand that every team is going to have biased fans, and its not uncommon, and so on and so forth.

I would suggest anyone looking for a laugh to take a look. You will find anything from "Osgood is the biggest cocky douchebag on the detroit team." to "We were victims of bouncing boards." And anything in between.

Again, I understand that we have the same kind of posts on here, but I couldn't believe how many I just saw.

Someone called Ozzie a douchebag?... what a ******* douchebag! As for the boards.. I mean s***.. everyone one knows those boards do that... the pens should remember from last year... whiners... wtf ever...

Another one I really got a chuckle out of:

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...f=1&t=36673

"Anyone that thinks Osgood played well is offbase. He gave up more rebounds than I've seen in a playoff game in years. His D bailed him out by clearing most of them, and he did have some nice first saves, but he was nothing special tonight. He got every possible bounce toight. The law of averages takes effect during a seven game series."

It's actually kind of amusing that one person says Ozzie's a douchebag and the rest of them disagree. It's also really cool to see fans of another team appreciate Osgood for being damn good at his job. It really didn't seem to be as bad as the OP made it seem.. Although the fact that they find Babcock to be a douchebag is utterly hilarious.

This isn't new material. And there are posters on both those threads that are quite logical and realistic about what actually happened in the first game.

Someone should tell them to get it right. They weren't victims of bouncing boards, they were victims of Fleury's ass and leg.

Some of their fans are very reasonable and know hockey but it doesn't take long for their posts to get buried in the drivel.

The game day threads can be quite fun to read when things are blowing up for the Pens, last nights thread was a hoot. After Franzens goal you could cut the dread with a knife. :lol:

The 'lively boards' seems to be the culprit last night, we were lucky to win.

Some of their fans are very reasonable and know hockey but it doesn't take long for their posts to get buried in the drivel.

The game day threads can be quite fun to read when things are blowing up for the Pens, last nights thread was a hoot. After Franzens goal you could cut the dread with a knife. :lol:

The 'lively boards' seems to be the culprit last night, we were lucky to win.

The boards over there are almost manic-depressive.

Didn't seem to bad to me. They're homers, just like we are. There are stupid comments here as well.

And this made me laugh:

Osgood is Varlamov Part 2. Leaves up juicy rebounds, flubs pucks, and gets really lucky or has his defense bail him out on a nightly basis. The Penguins just need to get pucks and bodies to the net, and beat the Wings at their own game.

Washingtons defense bailed Simeon Varlamov out.....of the playoffs.

We were lucky and got some good board bounces, so Osgood is cocky, whoopee fricking doo! A man with stats an awards has the right to be, Crysby has no business being cocky, he aint won s***,and if he dont pay better he may never!

Anyone that thinks Osgood played well is offbase. He gave up more rebounds than I've seen in a playoff game in years. His D bailed him out by clearing most of them, and he did have some nice first saves, but he was nothing special tonight. He got every possible bounce toight. The law of averages takes effect during a seven game series.

somone should tell this bafoon, that it aint going 7 so the law of averaves doesn't apply here!

Edited by LeftWinger

It actually looks like the majority of the fans in those two threads were giving credit where credit was due. There are always a couple of ******' bags on every site. No different than here.

We were lucky and got some good board bounces, so Osgood is cocky, whoopee fricking doo! A man with stats an awards has the right to be, Crysby has no business being cocky, he aint won s***,and if he dont pay better he may never!

somone should tell this bafoon, that it aint going 7 so the law of averaves doesn't apply here!

I am by no means a Crosby fan but fair is fair...

NHL

Art Ross Trophy (Most points in the regular season) 2007

Lester B. Pearson Award (Best player as voted by his peers) 2007

Hart Memorial Trophy (Most valuable player in the NHL) 2007

NHL First All-Star Team 2007

NHL All-Rookie Team 2006

Rookie of the Month October 2005

All-Star Game 2007, 2008*, 2009*

Mark Messier Leadership Award Jan. 2007