• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DangleD13

Pens Boards, (merged)

Rate this topic

LOL...

I'm not a fan of Paul Devorski, but the fact the puck was sitting on Osgood's back was a very unlikely scenario. When a glove is over the puck sitting in the blue ice it is a very easy call. When a glove is over the puck sitting on a red shirt it is probably something Devorski never saw before in all his years calling NHL games. It was a bizarre random event that is not likely to happen again. Sid saw it because he is smarter than anybody else on the planet when it comes to all things hockey. Nobody else (Pens players and coaches) seemed to make a big deal about it because most people don't have Sid's inherent hockey genius to assess such an unlikely situation like that in a split second.

now THAT'S funny! :hysterical:

I'm not a fan of Paul Devorski, but the fact the puck was sitting on Osgood's back was a very unlikely scenario. When a glove is over the puck sitting in the blue ice it is a very easy call. When a glove is over the puck sitting on a red shirt it is probably something Devorski never saw before in all his years calling NHL games. It was a bizarre random event that is not likely to happen again. Sid saw it because he is smarter than anybody else on the planet when it comes to all things hockey. Nobody else (Pens players and coaches) seemed to make a big deal about it because most people don't have Sid's inherent hockey genius to assess such an unlikely situation like that in a split second.

now THAT'S funny! :hysterical:

Whoa... I was with that cat until he brought Sid into the equation. Man... Does marketing really work that well?

They have a thread similar to our 'Photoshop War' thread.

They REALLY don't like Hossa.

They're that mad over losing a 'rental player'? Odd. And they wonder why? Let's start with "uh they haven't won s***", sincerely, Detroit Red Wings.

They're that mad over losing a 'rental player'? Odd. And they wonder why? Let's start with "uh they haven't won s***", sincerely, Detroit Red Wings.

The Pens and their fans being bitter at Hossa for his decision to play for anther team whom he believed to have a better chance at winning in the post season is akin to the idiocy of Colorado retiring Ray Bourque's number. Are you s***ting me people?? Manufacturing history is totally lame.

haha someone should tell them that if the "law of averages plays out" theyre in even more trouble........ Fleury's save percentage and goals against average are lower than Ozzie's

If you guys think that Pens message board is bad I advise you to check out thepensforum.com

They talk about stuff non hockey related about 75% of the time and generally know nothing about the sport. It's worth a laugh, check it out..

Those guys are special :)

They must dub the interviews in Pittsburgh, because they surely aren't watching the same Osgood Interviews that I've seen. Osgood has been toted as one of the MOST humble goalies in the league many times, over many years. He never says anything bad about another team. He never blames anything but himself. And he certainly never brags about his saves. *Shrug* Either someone needs to get these guys undubbed interviews, or a dictionary to look up the words "cocky" and "Humble".

The "bad bounce, Good goaltending" argument is a slick way of whining, without trying to seem like a complete whiner. Ie. You make a gripe, but try to offset it by saying something positive.

*Shrug* It reminds me of when I go to the range (I'm in the army). Anyone who ever doesn't shoot expert comes off the line with a slew of excuses such as, "Well some targets weren't working", and "the guys who loaded my magazines loaded them wrong so my weapon jammed", and so on. Nobody ever just simply says, "Welp, I shot crappy that time". There is always a rationalization as to why you're losing, and a justification as to how you're still better. The same applies not only to marksmanship and hockey, but to life in general.

In a poll where people were asked to rate themselves, only 2% of people rated themselves as "Less than average" looking. And nobody rated themselves below a 4 out of 10. So even the snaggle toothed fat person who once fell into a deepfryer, still justifies somehow that they are at the least, average.

Bottom line: Gripes and Justifications don't win series, nor do they legitamately make you any prettier :) But, it's easier to do those things than to accept the truth :-p

Sorry if im stupid for not knowing this, but can someone explain to me how the boards at The Joe are any different then the boards in Pittsburgh?

I don't know the exact dynamic, but Joe Louis is an old building and has a style of boards that tend to absorb less of the blast of the puck, so it bounces harder and farther than a lot of the newer boards allow. Ie. Detroit has learned to play it's boards to get crazy bounces, and they've learned to watch for bounces coming off of them to get the bounce before someone else does, moreso than they do at newer arenas. Detroit admits that they will consider hitting the boards as an option if there is no clear lane to the net.

It truely is a genuine home ice advantage for them, because they're so use to it. However, I've seen it go against Detroit too. More than once I've seen someone score from a bad bounce in Detroit. Anyone remember the Goal Osgood let in that bounced off the boards far to his left, and BAM, right in the net. I think it was against Colorado in 2002, but I can't remember for sure.

This is freaking hilarious. Their GDT is quite entertaing, to say the least. They make fun of our city, they make fun of our arena, they want Penguins to kill Zetterberg, they want a "delay of game penalty" for a fan throwing an octopus on the ice.

BUT that's not enough. Now they want to meet local Wings fans at Cheli Chili to fight.

Show some class Pens fans.... You are BY FAR the worse poor-sportsmans in the league!

LINK: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/ind...p;#entry1742936