Lines once Datsyuk/Draper return?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Abdelkader? Leino?

Three things here: #1) Flip and Hoss have been great together; #2) Pav and Hoss have been garbage together; #3) Helm is more than holding his own as our third line center. So...how's aboot plugging pav into that 1st line when he gets back?

Switch Mule and Cleary, IMO. Maybe even drop Cleary to the 3rd line and put Hudler on the 2nd with Hossa and Filppula.

I would run:

Franzen-Zata-Dats

Hossa-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Sammy

Maltby-Draper-Abdelkader/Leino

I just think that Abdelkader and Leino add much more to a line of primarily grinder/energy players, where Homer is slow and doesn't really do that much defensively.

Guest blueadams

I agree that Mule and Clears are more or less interchangable in that scenario. But its hard to justify putting Clears on the third line with all the points he's been putting up this post-season.........How far Homer has fallen......but still, he's an asset on the PP, you can't scracth him. If anyone, scratch Malter

I agree that Mule and Clears are more or less interchangable in that scenario. But its hard to justify putting Clears on the third line with all the points he's been putting up this post-season.........How far Homer has fallen......but still, he's an asset on the PP, you can't scracth him. If anyone, scratch Malter

Hudler is a better passer in my mind when comparing to Cleary, though. You want to facilitate puck movement on the second line for Hossa.

Either way, I think Franzen works really well with Zata, and I'd want to keep them together; same deal with Filp and Hossa.

Edited by Theophany

Hudler is a better passer in my mind when comparing to Cleary, though. You want to facilitate puck movement on the second line for Hossa.

Either way, I think Franzen works really well with Zata, and I'd want to keep them together; same deal with Filp and Hossa.

Hudler has done nothing to warrant being on the second line. He may be a better passer but Cleary is ten times better defensively. Remember, it was Hudler's lax defense that led to Pitts' goal last night. Babcock was livid with him when he came off the ice. He had only 11 minutes and 40 seconds of ice time last night. Cleary, on the other hand, had 17 minutes and 12 seconds. Unless Hudler comes out on fire, I can't imagine Babcock giving him more ice time. (unless the Wings get more power plays, of course)

I think you have to split Zetterberg and Datsyuk up. Keep Zetterberg with Franzen and Cleary to go up against Crosby and Datsyuk with Hossa and Filppula against Malkin. Then Hudler/Samulesson/Helm against the Staal line.

Guest blueadams

not too bad...although...are datsyuk and hossa going to play together on that second line?

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Guest lnvincible
Will Dats be back next game?

If he is, he's going to boost the red wings off there feet.!

I wouldn't put drapes or pav in for next game.. Abs is playing really well and the team is responding underf adversity..I am the biggest Datsyuk fan but if hes not at least 80% healthy then he may be a liability and have players like Cooke and Orpik taking deliberate runs at his foot..Id keep both out for game 3, and only put them in for game 4 if they lose