• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Malkin's penalty rescinded (merged)

Rate this topic

I just looked up the box score and according to yahoo - Walker did get an instigator penalty in the game - with no suspension.

It's funny because I watched that game on hockeystreams.com and I could have swore they didn't call the instigator penalty on him that night.

Edited by Glubki

Hank got a few good shots in there when the ref was trying to break them up. Way to go Z :thumbup:

I always try and find a moment where a team panics, Malkin's fight may have been that moment.

I wouldn't be surprised either way if Malkin's in, or if he isn't. However, there's rules for a reason, and I think Malkin should sit out Game 3.

Well, it was also punching with a ******* stick to the head and a bunch of other b.s. Maybe it got lost in the chaos, but Malkin very clearly holds onto his stick, slams it into Z's head and then wraps it around Zetterberg. Hopefully Malkin doesn't rile the Wings up. Let the Pens panic.

Yeah, I saw that, too.

Automatic is automatic. Its not maybe or the player should be suspended, its cut and dry no? If Pittsburgh is sans Malkin, they are without the only player I've felt to be a genuine threat, and if this is so, Zetterberg has officially neutralized both of their top guns single-handedly.

As someone pointed out, Walker got the same, and the suspension was rescinded.

I don't think the refs issued an instigator penalty on him...

He did get the Instigator, but remember who's league this is, good ole' bettman and you know what he does after every game for cindy crybaby

The Penguins frustration came to a head late in the game as Maxime Talbot speared Osgood in the chest following a save, Henrik Zetterberg came to the aid of his netminder and ended up getting into a fight with Evgeni Malkin. Malkin was given an instigator penalty for the incident, but the NHL has rescinded the automatic suspension and he will be available for Game 3.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280536

So I guess Pittsburgh is special...

NHL.Com has 2 for instigator, 5 for fighting, 10 minute misconduct. Thats where the redwings got the 5-3 from.

Ya - I was referring to Walker vs. Boston...

It'll be recinded. It wasnt anything, it was just a little boy letting his frustration out all the while looking like an idiot :)

Agreed. He needs to go and have his mother cook him a good dinner, and have some warm milk before bed time. What a child! :thumbdown:

simple fix to this sit maltby, dress Downey and say have your way with every pens player on the ice. We can then see how tough orpik, cooke, sid, malkin, hell even dress that ***** godard and let downey run throw them all

Edited by ben_usmc